Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSF

Dan Patrick reporting B10 votes to shut down

38 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Big 10 will cancel.  They threw out a trial balloon today to prepare the public for the inevitable decision.

59 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Since I cant take credit for being right, given that I was not the one making the report, it would be equally difficult to be wrong.  Having said that, both ESPN and the Detroit Free Press are making similar, independent reports.  And Nebraska coach Scott Frost said today on a teleconference that they prepared to play outside the Big 10 this year if need be.  I, for one, didnt think we would get here.  Did notice that the Big 10 said they havent voted 'formally'.  Interesting choice of words.

But thanks for your input.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

32 minutes ago, RSF said:

Since I cant take credit for being right, given that I was not the one making the report, it would be equally difficult to be wrong.  Having said that, both ESPN and the Detroit Free Press are making similar, independent reports.  And Nebraska coach Scott Frost said today on a teleconference that they prepared to play outside the Big 10 this year if need be.  I, for one, didnt think we would get here.  Did notice that the Big 10 said they havent voted 'formally'.  Interesting choice of words.

NPR is now reporting it

Beyond that the comment from the BIG could be absolutely correct, that no official vote has been taken. We all know how board voting goes. They know the count because they already did it before they officially called for the vote.

But good dig, except I didn't claim it, I said Dan Patrick reported that. Different.

3 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

There is Aussie Rules boys. Live games happen late Friday and Saturday night. Hard tackling, crazy bounces. They have limited crowds right now as well.  Back half of the season, play offs in October, games on ESPNs and FS1/2. Play offs have the top four seeds play a game to start winner gets a week off loser plays the winners of the 5-8. Teams 5-8 play elimination game.

59 minutes ago, RSF said:

Nice. Nebraska to the MWC to replace CSU.

7 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

That’s terrible news for @BroncoOrange   

:angry:

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

wrong donald trump GIF by Election 2016

We won @BroncoOrange fair and square in last year's "Battle For BroncoOrange Game".   We own BroncoOrange now, if and until Boise can win another one!!!! (and maybe longer if the Boise-BYU rivalry is put on hold due to the Virus). 

Screw this shit! Football season was the only reason I came on here! I feel bad for @mugtang he's going to be forced to turn this into a poker website with digital strippers to keep us fans coming back.

18 minutes ago, BroncoOrange said:

:angry:

Screw this shit! Football season was the only reason I came on here! I feel bad for @mugtang he's going to be forced to turn this into a poker website with digital strippers to keep us fans coming back.

I’m not even sure how to handle the next 3 months, assuming basketball happens.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Ya, you might want to walk that hot take back.

I'm good with it. The map is per capita as of august 9th. Remarkable similarity isn't it? NY, NJ, and Mass are outliers and Cali is leaning the wrong way, but.....

The  graph explaining who has contributed the most over the last two weeks.California and Illinois are the ones who don't match there.

26 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

I'm good with it. The map is per capita as of august 9th. Remarkable similarity isn't it? NY, NJ, and Mass are outliers and Cali is leaning the wrong way, but.....

The  graph explaining who has contributed the most over the last two weeks.California and Illinois are the ones who don't match there.

What I see is NYC boosting numbers across the states of NY, NJ and likely CT, the CDC had to parse the city and the state apart because of the drastic difference.  What's the excuse for Bama, NOLA and Mississippi which are much less dense?  FL will always be the east coast CA, but how about GA?  Just ATL?  Why is the entire south, sans Kentucky, in the upper zones?  Iowa too?  Dakotas get a pass since there are like 1 million people there so skew is heavy.  But it is safer in Oregon (Portland) than the south.  Pride is beating stupidity right now

For normal, healthy people under the age of 50, COVID is less lethal than the flu. For normal healthy people over 50, it's slightly worse

Why we've lost our shit over this will have to be answered by historians.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

What I see is NYC boosting numbers across the states of NY, NJ and likely CT, the CDC had to parse the city and the state apart because of the drastic difference.  What's the excuse for Bama, NOLA and Mississippi which are much less dense?  FL will always be the east coast CA, but how about GA?  Just ATL?  Why is the entire south, sans Kentucky, in the upper zones?  Iowa too?  Dakotas get a pass since there are like 1 million people there so skew is heavy.  But it is safer in Oregon (Portland) than the south.  Pride is beating stupidity right now

This is a map of cases done per capita. So instead of just raw numbers it's a break down of how each state is doing in a fair comparison. 

Looking at the increasing numbers the last 14 days shows that not only have the southern states (SEC, Big XII, half the acc) done poorly overall, but they have a growing problem made worse by forced opening and not following health advice. 5 of the top seven for new infections are Texas, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and Louisiana.

It also lines up remarkably well with the 2016 electoral map/traditional republican electoral votes.

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

For normal, healthy people under the age of 50, COVID is less lethal than the flu. For normal healthy people over 50, it's slightly worse

Why we've lost our shit over this will have to be answered by historians.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29633697/heart-condition-linked-covid-19-fuels-power-5-concern-season-viability

5 minutes ago, alum93 said:

This isn't new and certainly isn't specific to Chinese Flu.

If you want to be scared, you can scare yourself. but the statistics are real;  This disease is nothing to worry about if you're under 60 and healthy.  It's milder than the flu.

Myocarditis often has no symptoms. In fact, most people recover and never even know they had it.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/myocarditis#1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

This isn't new and certainly isn't specific to Chinese Flu.

If you want to be scared, you can scare yourself. but the statistics are real;  This disease is nothing to worry about if you're under 60 and healthy.  It's milder than the flu.

https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/myocarditis#1

You are more than welcome to think it's milder than the flu.  You are more than welcome to pretend we know about the short term and long term affects of a new virus.  And you are more than welcome to speculate on why college football should continue with what the medical community knows as of today.   I'll politely disagree with your opinion.  Give it another week and my guess is more schools will confirm they are not going to take the liability risk in the fall with college football.