Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSF

Dan Patrick reporting B10 votes to shut down

Dan Patrick is reporting that the B10 voted 12-2 (Iowa and Nebraska) to pull the plug, and that the B10 and P12 will announce tomorrow.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

My post was longer so you beat me to it 🙂

Dan Patrick is reporting that a source informed him the BIG 10 voted 12-2(Nebraska/Iowa) to shut down the season. The PAC also will shut down their season. 

The SEC is still for playing and is trying to get people to go along with it. ACC is on the fence and the Big XII is leaning towards playing.

Before we get too sports bubble just a reminder that optics and potential liability are going to weigh heavy in any decisions.

AAC is being flexible at the moment. Appears the MWC is to. Sunbelt has cash strapped programs and only about 50% of CUSA could feasibly make the season work. MAC is already done.

Looks like this will be wrapped up by next monday. Expect big slashes to athletic budgets, between lost athletic revenue and budget cuts at state institutions this is going to get real bad for some.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Very surprised Big Ten is the first

Well, we know the PAC12 wouldn't be first.

(They take their marching orders from their big brother).

Spent part of my Saturday night watching a rugby match between clubs in NZ. Hurricanes and Crusaders, and it was a very entertaining match. The one thing I noticed immediately was the packed stadium. Fans packed to capacity in the stands sporting the colors of their team and it was a beautiful sight. Made me more than a little envious but they earned that right. They did what they needed to do as a country to quarantine with strict lockdown measures back in March and through May, which I’m sure sucked, but they are now in the clear and can enjoy doing whatever the hell they want and be in large groups like in attendance at sporting events. 

Chances are that the same type of quarantine measures wouldn’t have worked effectively in larger countries such as the US... who knows, but we were never really committed to doing what it took to get rid of this thing. We didn’t want to do what it took to social distance, wear masks, and do whatever else so that we could get life back to normal and be out in large groups... like football in the fall, let alone being in attendance.

This sucks, but shutting down is the right thing to do, so let’s do what we can to get rid of this thing so that we can get football in fall ‘21.

8 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

Spent part of my Saturday night watching a rugby match between clubs in NZ. Hurricanes and Crusaders, and it was a very entertaining match. The one thing I noticed immediately was the packed stadium. Fans packed to capacity in the stands sporting the colors of their team and it was a beautiful sight. Made me more than a little envious but they earned that right. They did what they needed to do as a country to quarantine with strict lockdown measures back in March and through May, which I’m sure sucked, but they are now in the clear and can enjoy doing whatever the hell they want and be in large groups like in attendance at sporting events. 

Chances are that the same type of quarantine measures wouldn’t have worked effectively in larger countries such as the US... who knows, but we were never really committed to doing what it took to get rid of this thing. We didn’t want to do what it took to social distance, wear masks, and do whatever else so that we could get life back to normal and be out in large groups... like football in the fall, let alone being in attendance.

This sucks, but shutting down is the right thing to do, so let’s do what we can to get rid of this thing so that we can get football in fall ‘21.

I’m completely jealous of those kiwis. I miss fun.

6 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Well boys. It’s time to find a new hobby. Drinking four days a week is going well but is not sustainable. I think I’m going to buy a new mtn. bike?? 

You can hit up Pyramid lake in October.

Catch a monster and make me jealous. 

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You can hit up Pyramid lake in October.

Catch a monster and make me jealous. 

If all goes well those fish will spawn to Verdi. That’s pretty cool.

Pyramid Lake is closed and has been since the end of last season if not mistaken. The Paiute tribe was hit with several cases of covid and locked it down.

There is Aussie Rules boys. Live games happen late Friday and Saturday night. Hard tackling, crazy bounces. They have limited crowds right now as well.  Back half of the season, play offs in October, games on ESPNs and FS1/2. Play offs have the top four seeds play a game to start winner gets a week off loser plays the winners of the 5-8. Teams 5-8 play elimination game.

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

If all goes well those fish will spawn to Verdi. That’s pretty cool.

Pyramid Lake is closed and has been since the end of last season if not mistaken. The Paiute tribe was hit with several cases of covid and locked it down.

Damn.  Makes sense.  I know there was an issue with algae that they were hoping would resolve it's self.  Makes sense they would close it for anybody outside the tribe though during all this.

+++++ 2020.