Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Trevor Lawrence

He risks nothing by saying this. Let’s see what he says when the ACC wants to play in the spring. “Oh that’s chill, but sorry y’all, I got the combine.” He’s thinking about his professional future, as he should be, but let’s not act like he’s some kind of martyr.

2 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Doesn't he support Trump or something? 

He's in the most rednick state in the union, South Carolina and his school pronounces its name Climpsin.

Last I heard there were about three dozen Democrats in that state.

Oh, OK. FOUR dozen Democrats.

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

He risks nothing by saying this. Let’s see what he says when the ACC wants to play in the spring. “Oh that’s chill, but sorry y’all, I got the combine.” He’s thinking about his professional future, as he should be, but let’s not act like he’s some kind of martyr.

Heck is actually better off if they move it to the Spring. Then he can opt out and avoid the increased risk of injury. I mean as of this moment he is what a guaranteed top 5 pick. The only way that can go down much is with an injury or a really bad season. 

He probably just wants to play football. He is making valid points as to why a season should be played. It is very dumb to take the all or nothing approach as many in the media do. I mean it is either "if even one player gets COVID you are evil for having a season" or just ignoring the risk all together. You need to look at the actual facts and decide. There will be repercussions if there is no college football. And it is more than just colleges losing some money. You have to acknowledge that.

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Can't disagree with his logic. It seems that a large majority of college aged folks aren't going to take this seriously anyway.

They ran the Summer Swish League here in SD over the last few weeks. College and pro guys running. All broadcast on FB. Not a mask in sight.  Their instincts are correct. There's is little to no danger from COVID for people their age.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Doesn't he support Trump or something? 

Idiot button given for politicizing it.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

42 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Heck is actually better off if they move it to the Spring. Then he can opt out and avoid the increased risk of injury. I mean as of this moment he is what a guaranteed top 5 pick. The only way that can go down much is with an injury or a really bad season. 

He probably just wants to play football. He is making valid points as to why a season should be played. It is very dumb to take the all or nothing approach as many in the media do. I mean it is either "if even one player gets COVID you are evil for having a season" or just ignoring the risk all together. You need to look at the actual facts and decide. There will be repercussions if there is no college football. And it is more than just colleges losing some money. You have to acknowledge that.

He’s a top 5 pick even if he gets injured, that’s how thirsty nfl teams are for quarterbacks. Joe burrow had one good season at 23 years old - seriously, he’s the same age as Lamar Jackson - with the nfl futures squad around him and he went #1 and is already being hailed as a franchise savior before he’s even so much as participated in a walk-thru. 

So Trevor Lawrence, who will certainly be playing under a multimillion dollar contract in 2021 whether there’s a fall season or not, can tweet that he wants to play, and it doesn’t mean anything. He assumes no risk. It isn’t a brave stance. Everyone wants to play. I guarantee this comes up multiple times during the draft next season. Whoever is doing jon grudens job now will say, “this kid loves the game; you remember how passionately he tweeted about having a season last fall? What a gritty kid.” He’s already selling his image, and he should be, but I think it’s disingenuous to attach further significance to it. 

I agree, however, that losing college football, even for just one year, or even if they do as I’ve suggested and push the entire previously-scheduled season to late January/early February and play the whole thing, bowl games and all, with the natty in early June, sucks for a whole host of reasons. But COVID and our country’s inept response to it has made everything suck. Idk what we think football should be exempt.

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

Trevor will be my 2nd favorite football player from here on out.

Didnt realize you were such a fan of unions....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
13 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

He's in the most rednick state in the union, South Carolina and his school pronounces its name Climpsin.

Last I heard there were about three dozen Democrats in that state.

Oh, OK. FOUR dozen Democrats.

What does being a Democrat have to do with shutting down college football, or wanting to play the season???

Not following...

Doesn't seem like whether football proceeds is a Democrat vs Republican issue. 

Guest #1Stunner
15 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

it's a simple question of liability. Universities dont want to shoulder that. I cant blame them.

I think you are probably right.  

Somebody will sue because hey catch the virus. 

Guest #1Stunner
40 minutes ago, Bob said:

Trevor will be my 2nd favorite football player from here on out.

Who is your first?

Troy Calhoun?