Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Another liberal hack piece “Friday night massacre”

https://billmoyers.com/story/friday-night-massacre-at-us-postal-service-as-postmaster-general-a-major-trump-donor-ousts-top-officials/

journalism is dead. Not one mention of the serious financial situation the postal service is in and not one mention of the cost savings DeJoy’s restructuring will result in. This article is absolutely completely left wing propaganda. The post office expanded its management 5 years ago. When I was promoted from a supervisor position I was replace by 3 supervisions. No mention of that. 

We have huge staffs at Area office. He is combining Area and District offices which is reducing support staff that does nothing with the day to day operations of the post office

Journalism is dead you should question anything coming from the national media. Assume it’s false until it’s proven otherwise. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

You're complaining about a piece written on bill moyers' website as a liberal hit piece. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

35 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

The usps is supposed to be in the red

It's the way we can ensure everyone has access to shipping and receiving 

To allow new entries into the market place

No argument here. But the govt needs to step up and start to fund it. The post office was in the middle of shutting down plants and congress stopped it. We were 2 weeks away from going to a 7 day delivery of packages but only 5 day delivering cheap ads. Govt shut that down. That would have saved probably over a billion dollars without reducing our service. You can wait till Monday to get your damn ad. If you have a package we will deliver it on Saturday. The Post Office is a hybrid organization. Congress decides what we are. They need make a decision what they want from us. They expect us to be self sufficient yet they don’t allow us any flexibility. Congress needs to either pony up or allow the post office to make reasonable cost cutting measure. I don’t not support the  privatization of the post office. Upper management is only doing what they are required to do. They are required by congress to be self sufficient. If a Postmaster general doesn’t try to be self sufficient they should be fired.

the article fails to even point out the Postmaster is in tough situation and only doing what he is required to do, unless Congress acts.  The Postmaster general is doing his job. Instead they write an article that is a lying hit piece. 

37 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

You're complaining about a piece written on bill moyers' website as a liberal hit piece. 

Well that is a good point. 

let me clarify the left has lost it. This isn’t even an opinion. It is hit piece with absolutely no facts. Perfect propaganda using fear and emotions to evoke a response from the uneducated. 

Im probably losing my job and will have to move. Post office gives management 2 years to find a job.  Hell im not happy about it. But I’m pissed at the Democrats who could have fixed this crap when Obama was in office. Hell Obama was for most of the reforms. He advocated a 5 day delivery which was less than the post office wanted. The funny ass thing this isn’t a political thing. If he was a Democrat appointee there wouldn’t even be a word said about it. 

Post office already reduced standards 5 years ago. This delayed mail would have been delayed at the plant anyway. It arrives the next day and is processed. Some of the priority mail might be delay one more day. But this is a small amount of our volume. We already shut down our machines at a certain time. We also have plane schedules to make. Postmaster generals ideas are good. If the mail isn’t going to make a flight why spend anymore money to transport the mail to the plants to just sit at the plants. 

They guy who wrote this has no clue how the post office works. 

54 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Was going to say, you can't really extrapolate a niche partisan website to "national media."

1 minute ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Was going to say, you can't really extrapolate a niche partisan website to "national media."

What about how the national news left out pieces of the Floyd tape. That absolutely confirmed he was resisting arrest. No one is advocating he deserved to die. But why did they leave out information that was negative towards Floyd. 

21 minutes ago, robe said:

Well that is a good point. 

let me clarify the left has lost it. This isn’t even an opinion. It is hit piece with absolutely no facts. Perfect propaganda using fear and emotions to evoke a response from the uneducated. 

Im probably losing my job and will have to move. Post office gives management 2 years to find a job.  Hell im not happy about it. But I’m pissed at the Democrats who could have fixed this crap when Obama was in office. Hell Obama was for most of the reforms. He advocated a 5 day delivery which was less than the post office wanted. The funny ass thing this isn’t a political thing. If he was a Democrat appointee there wouldn’t even be a word said about it. 

Post office already reduced standards 5 years ago. This delayed mail would have been delayed at the plant anyway. It arrives the next day and is processed. Some of the priority mail might be delay one more day. But this is a small amount of our volume. We already shut down our machines at a certain time. We also have plane schedules to make. Postmaster generals ideas are good. If the mail isn’t going to make a flight why spend anymore money to transport the mail to the plants to just sit at the plants. 

They guy who wrote this has no clue how the post office works. 

Wait. You're mad at the Democrats for not fixing something, but not mad at the Republicans for allowing Trump to destroy it?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

40 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Looks like this issue and criticism of efforts to reform the USPS isn't just being parroted by a niche partisan website.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-2020-usps-appointment-could-corrupt-key-institution-ahead-ncna1234125

One sided op Ed. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/critics-of-trump-white-house-decry-latest-friday-night-massacre-as-postmaster-general-sidelines-two-dozen-usps-officials-2020-08-09

Can't say I know all the issues with the USPS.  But good to get @robe's thoughts on what the organization bus like, and its problems.  I doubt it is Trump's fault.

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Looks like this issue and criticism of efforts to reform the USPS isn't just being parroted by a niche partisan website.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-2020-usps-appointment-could-corrupt-key-institution-ahead-ncna1234125

One sided op Ed. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/critics-of-trump-white-house-decry-latest-friday-night-massacre-as-postmaster-general-sidelines-two-dozen-usps-officials-2020-08-09

Can't say I know all the issues with the USPS.  But good to get @robe's thoughts on what the organization bus like, and its problems.  I doubt it is Trump's fault.

All op eds are one sided. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, robe said:

What about how the national news left out pieces of the Floyd tape. That absolutely confirmed he was resisting arrest. No one is advocating he deserved to die. But why did they leave out information that was negative towards Floyd. 

I agree that people should be discerning about what they consume and question motives as well as implicit bias. "Assuming everything is false" is just a republican talking point that Trump co-opted. If you tear down trust in institutions and replace it with trust in yourself you can get people to believe anything. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

All op eds are one sided. 

Just interesting that some News Sites only seem publish op eds all voicing one opinion and just "one side".

I recall the NY Times almost had a meltdown for publishing some Republican Senator's Op Ed. 

3 hours ago, robe said:

No argument here. But the govt needs to step up and start to fund it. The post office was in the middle of shutting down plants and congress stopped it. We were 2 weeks away from going to a 7 day delivery of packages but only 5 day delivering cheap ads. Govt shut that down. That would have saved probably over a billion dollars without reducing our service. You can wait till Monday to get your damn ad. If you have a package we will deliver it on Saturday. The Post Office is a hybrid organization. Congress decides what we are. They need make a decision what they want from us. They expect us to be self sufficient yet they don’t allow us any flexibility. Congress needs to either pony up or allow the post office to make reasonable cost cutting measure. I don’t not support the  privatization of the post office. Upper management is only doing what they are required to do. They are required by congress to be self sufficient. If a Postmaster general doesn’t try to be self sufficient they should be fired.

the article fails to even point out the Postmaster is in tough situation and only doing what he is required to do, unless Congress acts.  The Postmaster general is doing his job. Instead they write an article that is a lying hit piece. 

i agree completely.  let's not cut it down and back, let's make it a viable state funded alternative.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Just interesting that some News Sites only seem publish op eds all voicing one opinion and just "one side".

I recall the NY Times almost had a meltdown for publishing some Republican Senator's Op Ed. 

If the NY Times never publishes op eds from the Republican side, how was it possible for the supposed melt down to happen in the first place?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

If the NY Times never publishes op eds from the Republican side, how was it possible for the supposed melt down to happen in the first place?

How was it possible for the NY Times to have a complete meltdown, for publishing a heretical (Conservative) Op Ed?   

Well, since you seem to want to learn how it is possible, I think this guy (a Democrat) explains how and why it occurred:

Let's not forget the GOP passed a bill (on their way out in 2006?) that requires the USPS to fully fund it's pension fund out something like 30 years which instantly put the USPS in massive debt

GOP trying to kill off the USPS in favor of private corps isn't a new thing, it's just trump might be the final blow to what was the USPS - which will kill rural areas if the USPS goes extinct....rural areas can expect massive costs to send & receive parcels or just go to a month a once central location delivery 

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

How was it possible for the NY Times to have a complete meltdown, for publishing a heretical (Conservative) Op Ed?   

Well, since you seem to want to learn how it is possible, I think this guy (a Democrat) explains how and why it occurred:

I know more about the issue than whomever that twit is (the youtuber, not Matt Taibi). But the fact remains that you claimed that the media does not include conservative voices and your example is literally a conservative voice being included in the media.