Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Sensitive to claims of bias, Facebook relaxed misinformation rules for conservative pages

5 hours ago, renoskier said:

Show me where I claimed to watch the video. When i said it didn't show me a shit, I was speaking of your post.

As always, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands. Why not take a moment and fish an example out of your video. 

Well, to be fair, when you say that “it doesn’t show me...”, that does imply that you watched it. I didn’t watch it either, so I can’t comment on the video. 

#1Stunner, I’m not sure if RenoSkier won the Coastie, as I stopped clicking on those after the Kangaroo Court voted me out....it was just too painful to watch.....but he’s been a good poster and I wouldn’t consider him a dumbass. I may not agree with his political opinions, but he seems to be a good dude, generally speaking...I mean, for a communist. :D 

Guest #1Stunner
9 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Well, to be fair, when you say that “it doesn’t show me...”, that does imply that you watched it. I didn’t watch it either, so I can’t comment on the video. 

#1Stunner, I’m not sure if RenoSkier won the Coastie, as I stopped clicking on those after the Kangaroo Court voted me out....it was just too painful to watch.....but he’s been a good poster and I wouldn’t consider him a dumbass. I may not agree with his political opinions, but he seems to be a good dude, generally speaking...I mean, for a communist. :D 

Disagree. 

Guy is consistently a dumbass.  Most real estate agents are.

20 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Disagree. 

Guy is consistently a dumbass.  Most real estate agents are.

Hey now! I'm a real estate agent!

Just kidding. But this sure has become a hornets nest over here and I think a bunch of hugs would go a long way towards healing this group. Or beer. Let's try the beer first. 

1 minute ago, Slapdad said:

Just kidding. But this sure has become a hornets nest over here and I think a bunch of hugs would go a long way towards healing this group. Or beer. Let's try the beer first. 

I get pretty huggy after a few beers.

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Better to avoid this section of the board altogether.

A few posters have raging Donald Trump Boners, and are fully invested into Teams Politics.

You can't discuss ideas or political stories, without people defending a "team".

31 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I get pretty huggy after a few beers.

Lightweight. It takes me eight beers and four bourbons before hugs make an appearance. But when they do......oh, they are glorious. 

19 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Are you familiar with the group "the other 98%"?  It has almost 7 million follower and posts constant misinformation and never gets a fact check.  This is a "moderate" group.

It's considered far left. It isn't as crazy as US Uncut tho. 

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't think it is a conservative-only thing, but the Wayfair/Amazon child selling conspiracy posts flooding social media (especially facebook) makes me want to leave this dumb earth.

yeah and I'd be able to afford to if I hadn't gone crazy buying all these kids :facepalm:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

It's considered far left. It isn't as crazy as US Uncut tho. 

yeah and I'd be able to afford to if I hadn't gone crazy buying all these kids :facepalm:

You can get one pretty cheap from foster care. Wouldn't break the bank at all. Learn 2 B thrifty.

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

You can get one pretty cheap from foster care. Wouldn't break the bank at all. Learn 2 B thrifty.

you get what you pay for

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Off topic kind of - but has anybody here been able to filter politics out of their newsfeed successfully?  On PC there is social fixer app which does an okay job and getting rid of most garbage - but it still is hard to get rid of the shit.

If I had it my way - it would only show personal pictures, original content stories, and I'd even be okay with political content if it was created by the poster.  I'm just so sick of the reposting meme and news article garbage that dominates facebook's newsfeed.

31 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Why doesn’t the left have an equivalent of Qanon or Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh..

I would say they have an equivalent of Qanon.  The millions who post misleading/lying memes about capitalism several times a day and want to tear the entire system down.  

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

Why doesn’t the left have an equivalent of Qanon or Alex Jones or Rush Limbaugh..

there's communists on twitter who essentially do that. Putin and Assad apologists, Cuba stans, even one guy who said that my reference to the Stasi was "lapping up that West German propaganda". So I think you could say that there's a bigger Qanon type community but a definite lack of AJ/Rush types unless you consider Marx to be in that category, lol.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would say the have an equivalent of Qanon.  The millions who post misleading/lying memes about capitalism several times a day and want to tear the entire system down.  

Beat me to it. "Such a terrible System! Centrists are scum who love racism! Burn it all down!" it's confounding. I mean, I think there are significant structural problems with our country, I feel like the way we've built our mixed system pulls wealth away from the middle classes and small business owners, and we should work, as a country, so that if you lose your job or get a heart attack you're not homeless. But... a big part of that for me is because "if we have that net our economic system as a whole works better". The leftists see evils in our system and assume that all parts are evil without looking to see if there is any good.