Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

“Destroying Property, if it can be replaced, is not violence”

12 hours ago, PackNation said:

And cupcake comes through again. Jr High level smack talk...at best. About family too...yet he cries when he outs his sister on Facebook and then get made fun. Lol.I

Let's analyze who the stalker really is. I'm responding to a notification from YOU while browsing the board. YOU came back in the middle of the night (again) and seached for a thread that died 2 days ago. 

Should we compare post counts Mr. 24/7?

Did it ever occur to you that I wasn’t on the board for two days, and when I came back I saw who responded to me? No, I didn’t think so. It’s funny that Mr. No Life Dick seems to think he can bullshit people here to think that I’m actually stalking you. 😹😹😹😹😹 I don’t even respond to all of your posts anymore because you just copy and paste the same old tired cliche comebackers. You’re pretty boring, but sometimes it’s still fun to smack you around like a douche piñata. No candy comes out, but the entertainment watching you act like a baby is still pretty sweet. 😂😂 You’re a precious little thing. 🐥💕🌹

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Did it ever occur to you that I wasn’t on the board for two days, and when I came back I saw who responded to me? No, I didn’t think so. It’s funny that Mr. No Life Dick seems to think he can bullshit people here to think that I’m actually stalking you. 😹😹😹😹😹 I don’t even respond to all of your posts anymore because you just copy and paste the same old tired cliche comebackers. You’re pretty boring, but sometimes it’s still fun to smack you around like a douche piñata. No candy comes out, but the entertainment watching you act like a baby is still pretty sweet. 😂😂 You’re a precious little thing. 🐥💕🌹

Lol but you are dumb as a doorknob. You really should read your work before you hit send cupcake.

Trying to bullshit who? No one else here cares. While it's easy pickings it is sport for me to make fun of you.

Copy and paste? Me? You've literally wrote this same post dozens of times over the years...and yes...you do respond all the time. Part of the fun.

You never answered...what's your post count now Mr Forum is my life?

7 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Sean.  The original Tea Partiers threw tea in the harbor to make a point.

C'mon Sean.  They threw some tea in the harbor some 200 years ago.  Its like trying to set buildings on fire with people still in them and looting stores every night.  Its the same.

26 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

C'mon Sean.  They threw some tea in the harbor some 200 years ago.  Its like trying to set buildings on fire with people still in them and looting stores every night.  Its the same.

My post was the second one in terms of destroying property.   I didn’t make any equivalency to setting fires to buildings with people in them.    

32 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

https://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/boston-massacre

13 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Yep, we have the army in the street firing on the rioters.

Never said they did. But that’s beside the point. The patriot movement used vandalism and looting as a means to protest the Townshend and Stamp acts, leading to the massacre, which then sparked riots.

But to your point the protests are literally about the murder of a citizen at the hands of police. And In Portland we did have federal agents roughing up protestors. You and I might not view those as a perfectly analogous with the uprisings in the 1760s and 1770s, but I bet many of the protestors would. 

23 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

If we are going to liken it to historical revolutions, I think our rioters have more in common with these guys.  J'accuse!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_of_Terror

I think that’s a fair perspective, but we’re nowhere near that yet. Thousands of people were executed during the reign of terror.

2 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

They tarred and feathered loyalists and loyalist bureaucrats and smashed up shops owned by loyalists and actually burned down buildings. If you wanna compare these two the protests today have been A LOT more tame and less violent towards property. 

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Yep, we have the army in the street firing on the rioters.

I mean, the Boston massacre killed 5 whole people. We have federal police snatching protesters in unmarked vans, impact munitions causing people to lose eyes, police breaking the arms of SEAL veterans just talking to them, giving old men brain damage. For that matter, according to this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd_protests#:~:text=the United States-,Deaths,26 due to gunshot wounds. police have killed 3 protesters/just people in circumstances that are about as "justified" as the Boston massacre. 

Just because you like the patriots and don't like BLM doesn't mean that their responses are very different at all. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

They tarred and feathered loyalists and loyalist bureaucrats and smashed up shops owned by loyalists and actually burned down buildings. If you wanna compare these two the protests today have been A LOT more tame and less violent towards property. 

I mean, the Boston massacre killed 5 whole people. We have federal police snatching protesters in unmarked vans, impact munitions causing people to lose eyes, police breaking the arms of SEAL veterans just talking to them, giving old men brain damage. For that matter, according to this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd_protests#:~:text=the United States-,Deaths,26 due to gunshot wounds. police have killed 3 protesters/just people in circumstances that are about as "justified" as the Boston massacre. 

Just because you like the patriots and don't like BLM doesn't mean that their responses are very different at all. 

I don't have any problem with BLM.  However, what is happening in Portland has nothing to do with BLM or Floyd.  This is young white left wing hipsters trying to have their 1960s style counter-culture moment....like young white left wing hipsters have been trying to have since the 1960s.  They have hijacked a legitimate and needed movement and turned it into whatever it is in Portland.  According to you, all of the violence that has happened is the fault of everyone except the rioters.  It is the fault of the police, the feds, Trump, home owners, business owners, white supremacists...and in a pinch...ANTIFA.  Of course ANTIFA is only the last resort.  They are actually good guys, but they use tactics that you are forced to condemn in others, so you kind of have to follow suit.

Just now, BYUcougfan said:

I don't have any problem with BLM.  However, what is happening in Portland has nothing to do with BLM or Floyd.  This is young white left wing hipsters trying to have their 1960s style counter-culture moment....like young white left wing hipsters have been trying to have since the 1960s.  They have hijacked a legitimate and needed movement and turned it into whatever it is in Portland.  According to you, all of the violence that has happened is the fault of everyone except the rioters.  It is the fault of the police, the feds, Trump, home owners, business owners, white supremacists...and in a pinch...ANTIFA.  Of course ANTIFA is only the last resort.  They are actually good guys, but they use tactics that you are forced to condemn in others, so you kind of have to follow suit.

No, it isn't. The protests are as a whole very diverse (a lot more than Portland as a whole). Just... watch some of the many livestreams. Robert Evans, Garrison Davis, Corey Elia. Just watch their livestreams. You don't need to care about any commentary, it's primary source.

And yeah according to me, the police and the feds have been the primary instigators of violence and also yes, the primary perpetrators of violence. It's like I could see protests ending and flaring up again and like I see teargas and beatings as violent or something

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

35 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Of course, but there is also a huge difference between the Boston Massacre and what is happening in Portland.  I am pointing to the mentality of the participants.

You sure about that? Because I think the mentality isn’t all that different. And certainly closer than the rein of terror.

Just now, NVGiant said:

You sure about that? Because I think the mentality isn’t all that different. And certainly closer than the rein of terror.

I mean objectively British rule in the Colonies was... fine. Pretty good really, better than 90% of the world. I wonder how that relates to today? :hmmm: