Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrBulldog

CSU football operations suspended

17 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Here's a more detailed story about the accusations:

https://amp.coloradoan.com/amp/3283299001

I think AD Joe Parker is going to take the fall on this one as most of the stuff is from Bobo and Eustachy. You could make the case that Addazio is being treated unfairly because apparently Anthoney Hill is a "Racism Precog" and knows Addazio will do racist stuff.  I think Addazio's fate will hinge on the COVID allegations and not the racial stuff. (Jeezus, what a cluster+++++, lol.)

Semi-related: I was in the AD Suite last year and had a 10 minute conversation with President McConnell. I don't remember the exact contents of the conversation, but I do remember her bringing up a former colleague of her's at West Virginia. It was totally unsolicited, but she was gushing over her... I'm pretty sure it was WVU Deputy AD Keli Zinn, but I'm not 100% sure. 

Anyway, that's my totally uninformed prediction: Joe Parker gets the ax and is replaced by Keli Zinn from WVU. Coach Addazio's future is TBD based on the findings of  the Husch Blackwell investigation. If he gets fired, he's either immediately replaced by Tony Alford or CSU hires an actual search firm instead of just hiring another one of Urban Meyer's buddies. 

During the last decade I've made a conscientious effort to distance myself from SDSU sports. Things have been going quite well so I haven't felt motivated to do so but a lot of it has to do with how annoying it was to hear from true insiders about how mismanaged the athletics department was for many years.

Several people in the know told me that although Steve Weber had been doing a great job of upgrading academics, having been from ND, he apparently felt that university presidents didn't need to put any personal effort into sports for them to be successful. However, after SDSU's AD fired Jim Brandenburg as BB coach and then floundered around for about three months trying to get Rick Majerus before lucking out and hiring Steve Fisher, things changed. Word is Fish told Weber in no uncertain terms that simply having a new arena wouldn't guarantee straightening out a dying hoops program, that the administration had to realize that FBS university sports are a business and must be treated as such. To his credit, Weber came around and during the second half of his tenure he began demanding accountability from the entire athletics staff.

Could it be that CSU's president is as naive as Weber once was? IOW, she thinks a floundering football program needs nothing more than a new stadium in order to be successful and she's been putting complete trust in an AD who appears to be over his head?

7 hours ago, WasatchAggie said:

^^^^^^

How can they afford to drop football or go down a level with their new stadium?  The debt alone will require they keep FB IMO.

Ya.  If you would of told me about 2020 in 2015 I would of laughed.  Football will become a money pit for them.  

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Any kid that can play a lick will leave.   For some reason none of this surprises me.  Csu will need to back fill with kids that are not getting much interest from others.  Really a cimplete melt down.   Closing the prigram down was a good call.