27 - Boise

30 - Memphis

35 - Appalachian State

36 - Navy

38 - Air Force

42 - Tulane

44 - UL - Lafayette

45 - SMU

Wait, no Wyoming?  I was told they were going to bend everyone over this year...

• Haha 1

I wonder how many of the NON P5 teams will actually play at least 10 games this year.  I would not be surprised if it is very few.  These polls seldom mean much, this year they mean almost nothing. However I am glad to see that Navy and Air Force made the list. By the way can no one on this site correctly spell CINCINNATI? Or is it Zinzinnati?

37 minutes ago, 1066 said:

I wonder how many of the NON P5 teams will actually play at least 10 games this year.  I would not be surprised if it is very few.  These polls seldom mean much, this year they mean almost nothing. However I am glad to see that Navy and Air Force made the list. By the way can no one on this site correctly spell CINCINNATI? Or is it Zinzinnati?

Rankings mean nothing til week 6 or so. The problem with preseason rankings is it creates bias. We see it every year. There is always an SEC or B1G team that is 5-2 or 7-3 in the Top 10. Then they finish the season 8-4 or 9-3 and get thrashed in a bowl game. Then teams like Boise, UCF, and App State who were ranked no higher than 18 or 19 regardless of the resume somehow finish just behind them or a spot in front of them after going 12-2 and winning their conference.

Take Michigan or Minnesota. Are you telling me the top 2-3 G5 teams last year couldn't beat them on a neutral field? Fresno almost beat Minnesota. And Fresno was so bad @TheTedfordTrain took a vacation. 

7 minutes ago, RSF said:

In the CFP era, the rankings mean nothing, full stop.

Not true they set the table and the final AP/Coaches poll hold the same relevance they always have

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

Not true they set the table and the final AP/Coaches poll hold the same relevance they always have

Whatever makes you feel better..

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Whatever makes you feel better..

Well considering the amount of overlap between the ap/coaches top 25 and the CFP's first rankings I'm good with that statement.

Considering everyone keeps track of your final ap rankings for bragging and comparing, I'm good with that. Not sure there is any emotion in either of those.

6 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

G5:

21 - UCF

22 - Cincinatti

27 - Boise

30 - Memphis

35 - Appalachian State

36 - Navy

38 - Air Force

42 - Tulane

44 - UL - Lafayette

45 - SMU

Am I the only one surprised CSU-Diego didn't receive any votes?

What's going on at QB on Montezuma Mesa?

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Autocorrect's fault, not mine.

What's going w/Apple autocorrect lately?  When did the Google search window become a much better spell chk that auto correct?

4 hours ago, RSF said:

In the CFP era, the rankings mean nothing, full stop.

You couldn’t possibly be more full of shit. They have a tremendous influence on cfb, even with recruiting. As long as human beings are involved in FB decision making, perception is everything. For most of the season, the AP ranking numbers next to the schools name define who is who, and who has value. That affects recruiting and coach/writer perception of a program. Only a micro mental dude would think it has no importance. 

Wins have a similar affect on program perception. If you had a schedule with 12 of the best 12 schools in cfb and lost every single game by 1 point, you’d be 0-12 and be considered one of the worst teams in cfb despite having the ability to go to the wire with the best 12. If you had beaten all of the 12 by 1 point, you’d be in the National Championship Game. 

8 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Where is New Mexico? This is bullshit!

It's obvious that no one told those pollsters that we have Rocky back now... this is outrageous! :police: Heads WILL roll.

9 hours ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Wait, no Wyoming?  I was told they were going to bend everyone over this year...

We’ll split with you guys and Air Force...at the worst.