Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Preseason Coaches Poll is UP

32 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

G5:

21 - UCF

22 - Cincinatti

27 - Boise

30 - Memphis

35 - Appalachian State

36 - Navy

38 - Air Force

42 - Tulane

44 - UL - Lafayette

45 - SMU

Wait, no Wyoming?  I was told they were going to bend everyone over this year...

I wonder how many of the NON P5 teams will actually play at least 10 games this year.  I would not be surprised if it is very few.  These polls seldom mean much, this year they mean almost nothing. However I am glad to see that Navy and Air Force made the list. By the way can no one on this site correctly spell CINCINNATI? Or is it Zinzinnati?

In the CFP era, the rankings mean nothing, full stop.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 minutes ago, JoeBlo said:

Not true they set the table and the final AP/Coaches poll hold the same relevance they always have

Whatever makes you feel better..

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Whatever makes you feel better..

Well considering the amount of overlap between the ap/coaches top 25 and the CFP's first rankings I'm good with that statement.

Considering everyone keeps track of your final ap rankings for bragging and comparing, I'm good with that. Not sure there is any emotion in either of those.

6 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

G5:

21 - UCF

22 - Cincinatti

27 - Boise

30 - Memphis

35 - Appalachian State

36 - Navy

38 - Air Force

42 - Tulane

44 - UL - Lafayette

45 - SMU

Am I the only one surprised CSU-Diego didn't receive any votes?

What's going on at QB on Montezuma Mesa?

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Autocorrect's fault, not mine.

What's going w/Apple autocorrect lately?  When did the Google search window become a much better spell chk that auto correct?

4 hours ago, RSF said:

In the CFP era, the rankings mean nothing, full stop.

You couldn’t possibly be more full of shit. They have a tremendous influence on cfb, even with recruiting. As long as human beings are involved in FB decision making, perception is everything. For most of the season, the AP ranking numbers next to the schools name define who is who, and who has value. That affects recruiting and coach/writer perception of a program. Only a micro mental dude would think it has no importance. 

Wins have a similar affect on program perception. If you had a schedule with 12 of the best 12 schools in cfb and lost every single game by 1 point, you’d be 0-12 and be considered one of the worst teams in cfb despite having the ability to go to the wire with the best 12. If you had beaten all of the 12 by 1 point, you’d be in the National Championship Game. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Where is New Mexico? This is bullshit!

It's obvious that no one told those pollsters that we have Rocky back now... this is outrageous! :police: Heads WILL roll.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

SDSU not being there is a direct result of Rocky leaving and his inability to create an offensive scheme.  Hoke started our defensive trend and managed our offense very well in his brief stint as HC.  Can only hope he brings enough O to balance the loss of D, which theoretically should be minimal.

But the rankings essentially mean SDSU wont be ranked this year unless we don't lose a game.