Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Lebron Complains he is in Bubble Prison

22 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lebron does a great job of standing up for the things China believes him, I will give him that.

Eh. I’m not doing shit about Hong Kong either, other than complaining To the five people who give a shit what I say. I’m not one to throw stones.

17 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Eh. I’m not doing shit about Hong Kong either, other than complaining To the five people who give a shit what I say. I’m not one to throw stones.

If Lebron would have been silent, he would be better off.  He decided to carry CCP water. I think that is what people are annoyed at.  He did it for clearly selfish reasons. Then claimed anybody criticizing China is causing damage because they are not educated.

Lebron has deep and lucrative ties to China through his deal with Nike.  So what he meant when he said " there are ramifications for the negative that can happen when you’re not thinking about others and you’re only thinking about yourself." when criticizing those criticizing China was "some NBA players sell a whole bunch of shoes in China, shut up".

So when he wants to be woke about issues in America, one must understand he is likely doing it because it is valuable to his brand and thus ultimately his bottom line.  

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If Lebron would have been silent, he would be better off.  He decided to carry CCP water. I think that is what people are annoyed at.  He did it for clearly selfish reasons. Then claimed anybody criticizing China is causing damage because they are not educated.

Lebron has deep and lucrative ties to China through his deal with Nike.  So what he meant when he said " there are ramifications for the negative that can happen when you’re not thinking about others and you’re only thinking about yourself." when criticizing those criticizing China was "some NBA players sell a whole bunch of shoes in China, shut up".

So when he wants to be woke about issues in America, one must understand he is likely doing it because it is valuable to his brand and thus ultimately his bottom line.  

Agree he shouldn’t have said anything. I’m just not sure it casts a shadow on other things he has done. What have you sacrificed to help Hong Kong? Maybe a lot. I don’t know. But I bet most who are annoyed at LeBron are like me and aren’t sacrifing shit either. 

31 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Agree he shouldn’t have said anything. I’m just not sure it casts a shadow on other things he has done. What have you sacrificed to help Hong Kong? Maybe a lot. I don’t know. But I bet most who are annoyed at LeBron are like me and aren’t sacrifing shit either. 

Well, I did not try and silence people speaking about the issue using a massive platform to protect my financial interests.  He only does what helps his brand.  In China, that means standing up for the CCP.  In America that means being woke.  At least being woke serves some sort of good, let's just not confuse the motivation.

There is a difference between not sacrificing for Hong Kong and being actively harmful.  

10 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Not surprising at all if you know about Pop.

Pop can be an asshole to reporters with his short answers, usually no more than one sentence.  But he can also be one of the best interviews.  He's made it no secret he is not a fan of Trump, considering him an embarrassment to The Presidency.  I disagree with Pop's opinion there, but it does carry some weight.

I don't know what he has said RE: LeBron and China, if anything at all.  

2 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

I wonder how the unwashed half feels?

Lebron was always kind of a bitch.

It still feels kinda wrong he signed with the Lakers.  But I'm glad he brought a title back home to Akron/Cleveland first.

He's being paid tens if millions of dollars to play in the bubble. My achy break heart hurts for him.

This time I agree.

Shut up and dribble or quit the game.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor