Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Lebron Complains he is in Bubble Prison

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@AztecSU

I can post op ed pieces too!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/LeBron-James-comments-on-China-an-14535304.php

LeBron James’ comments on China an embarrassment to himself and NBA

image.png.0fa7deab95e840200c61ef38537f3067.png

Never mind that Steve Kerr and Pop said the same thing as him. But ultimately you're just a hypocrite. It's obvious what he said is trash...it's the over reaction to it and that is telling. Carry on spam boy. 

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

image.png.0fa7deab95e840200c61ef38537f3067.png

Never mind that Steve Kerr and Pop said the same thing as him. But ultimately you're just a hypocrite. It's obvious what he said is trash...it's the over reaction to it and that is telling. Carry on spam boy. 

Oh boo hoo, did somebody insult your bron bron?

That quote is moronic in this context.  I have started dozens of threads about BLM, police brutality and injustice in America.  I notice you are absent from most of them, though.

Start a thread about Pop and Steve Kerr and I will rip on them, too.

Pop not being a Trump supporter is surprising, given that Pop served in the Air Force and Trump is (IMO) military friendly.

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

Pop not being a Trump supporter is surprising, given that Pop served in the Air Force and Trump is (IMO) military friendly.

He panders to the military and its supporters.  It makes a crucial portion of his base.  I can not honestly say if he is more military friendly than other presidents. 

Frankly, I don't even know how we can all agree with what being military friendly means.  Myself, I would deem it as supporting Veteran issues, not engaging in wars we don't need to be in, reducing the influence of the military industrial complex in geopolitics, and allowing military leaders to make decisions to their troops while being the true north of the people in how they want the military to be.  Others may see it as giving them a bunch of money and throwing them a war bone or two.  Bush and Trump may be military friendly in their own ways, but we can easily see where there are differences between the two.

so, to summarize, players who express opinions are either told 'stick to dribbing' or castigated for not weighing in on every subject.

Rock, meet hard place....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

so, to summarize, players who express opinions are either told 'stick to dribbing' or castigated for not weighing in on every subject.

If you’re going to be political don’t be hypocritical. 

7 hours ago, RSF said:

Or, when you choose to weigh in, do not have horrible, trash takes driven by $$$.

19 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Not surprising at all if you know about Pop.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

For the record, I like LeBron, flawed as he may be. But the reactions to things he says are exactly why MJ and Tiger always avoided politics and kept signing checks.

The fact is people watch and go to games for entertainment to try to escape the grind of every day life. When you interject politics into entertainment you are asking for people to tune you out. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The fact is people watch and go to games for entertainment to try to escape the grind of every day life. When you interject politics into entertainment you are asking for people to tune you out. 

Sure. But so what? Most who are turned off hate the message, so they beat up on the messenger. In the end athlete activists, from Robinson to Ali to Tommie Smith/John Carlos, end up doing far more good than any petty criticisms that were thrown their way in the moment. 

And there is the bonus that 30 years from now the shut-up-and-dribble crowd will be celebrating these guys as men of conviction, as they do now with Ali and Robinson. 

11 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Sure. But so what? Most who are turned off hate the message, so they beat up on the messenger. In the end athlete activists, from Robinson to Ali to Tommie Smith/John Carlos, end up doing far more good than any petty criticisms that were thrown their way in the moment. 

And there is the bonus that 30 years from now the shut-up-and-dribble crowd will be celebrating these guys as men of conviction, as they do now with Ali and Robinson. 

Lebron does a great job of standing up for the things China believes him, I will give him that.