Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Hurry up MWC BYU only has 3 games left

BYU is accepting applications for one and done game in Provo. 

with BYU probably only playing 10 games and San Jose already signing up only 2 spots left. 
who needs another 150k to your budget. Wyoming we might even let you come to Provo. You would probably need to pay to play. Pony up some oil money. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, robe said:

with BYU probably only playing 10 games and San Jose already signing up only 2 spots left. 
who needs another 150k to your budget. Wyoming we might even let you come to Provo. You would probably need to pay to play. Pony up some oil money. 

Tom is probably getting bombarded with phone calls from MWC schools right now.  

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Tom is probably getting bombarded with phone calls from MWC schools right now.  

No doubt. They are calling him now. It’s like crickets in this place now. 

Just now, AztecSU said:

Considering BYU is under .500 against the MW over the last 3 seasons MW should sign up now they may not find an easier opponent. 

BYU owes a debt to our huge ally in San Diego.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

Considering BYU is under .500 against the MW over the last 3 seasons MW teams should sign up now, they may not find an easier opponent! 

It's fun playing the 3 semi-decent MWC schools most years:

SDSU

Boise

USU

I have said here before..If the cash guarantee is large enough, Nevada would be delighted to come to Provo..I don't share the animosity towards BYU for leaving the MW.  That happened before Nevada got here..However, though BYU has a lot of value to MW schools due to proximity, they are at this point, a nice mid major independent so they don't carry the prestige as a match up that they used to. 

Covid makes for adjustments so BYU has a role in that.  If the Covid ever goes away and there is some sense of normalcy again, BYU  can go back to their regular scheduling.  It is just weird times..

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

I have said here before..If the cash guarantee is large enough, Nevada would be delighted to come to Provo..I don't share the animosity towards BYU for leaving the MW.  That happened before Nevada got here..However, though BYU has a lot of value to MW schools due to proximity, they are at this point, a nice mid major independent so they don't carry the prestige as a match up that they used to. 

Covid makes for adjustments so BYU has a role in that.  If the Covid ever goes away and there is some sense of normalcy again, BYU  can go back to their regular scheduling.  It is just weird times..

Nevada is BYU’s kryptonite. I never want to see Nevada on the schedule again.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, robe said:

Nevada is BYU’s kryptonite. I never want to see Nevada on the schedule again.

Nevada is a BYU Killer.

They are deadly.   

14 minutes ago, robe said:

The five games against local high schools don’t count. 

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Nevada is a BYU Killer.

They are deadly.   

The Renoites are harmless.  If you can play them, do it.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

The Renoites are harmless.  If you can play them, do it.

Reno is deadly for BYU. 

25 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Reno is deadly for BYU. 

There are lots of LDS folks in Reno and the general populace is quite open and friendly to visitors due to their long time model of being a tourist town.  The University of Nevada, Reno is a different entity altogether.  The football team, and for that matter almost all their sports teams, is made up primarily of kids from California.

So to be clear, Reno is not deadly to BYU but the mercenary Californians on the Nevada football team have won 3 of the last 5 against the Cougars..Two of those wins came in Provo.  

Everything is California's fault..  

Guest #1Stunner
22 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You guys aren't gonna try to fill out a 12 game schedule?

I haven't read anything official, but my guess is that BYU will try and fill out a 10 game schedule, same as the PAC12 and MWC.