Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The People vs. the NRA

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Of course not. I was putting in kind horseshit into your mouth for the statement you put into my mouth directly preceding that which was something about not wanting poor people to defend themselves and now Sean called me racist and told me I hate brown people. Thanks, asshole. 

Ahh yes, my response to your straw man argument about car insurance where you called me classicist... 

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ahh yes, my response to your straw man argument about car insurance where you called me classicist... 

I called car insurance classist based on your logic that requiring an additional cost to gun ownership was classist.

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I called car insurance classist based on your logic that requiring an additional cost to gun ownership was classist.

Yes, you created a straw man to call me classicist.  I am aware.

Let's get past your hurt feelings.  I said that creating an extra cost to own guns was classicist.  In this case, a law that is not enforceable.  No cop can do the equivalent of pulling you over on a road to check your insurance, with a gun safe law.  This should be common sense.  The only thing creating a safe law would do is encourage the buying of Walmart special safes that one man can carry out, making them a target.  The people who feel they need to sleep with their pistol under the bed or keep in in the dresser will still do so.  Nobody can enforce them not to.  

The only things a mandatory safe law would accomplish is creating a lot more criminals with no victim, and discourage would be law abiding citizens from purchasing a gun.  The ones discouraged would be the poor.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, you created a straw man to call me classicist.  I am aware.

Let's get past your hurt feelings.  I said that creating an extra cost to own guns was classicist.  In this case, a law that is not enforceable.  No cop can do the equivalent of pulling you over on a road to check your insurance, with a gun safe law.  This should be common sense.  The only thing creating a safe law would do is encourage the buying of Walmart special safes that one man can carry out, making them a target.  The people who feel they need to sleep with their pistol under the bed or keep in in the dresser will still do so.  Nobody can enforce them not to.  

The only things a mandatory safe law would accomplish is creating a lot more criminals with no victim, and discourage would be law abiding citizens from purchasing a gun.  The ones discouraged would be the poor.

I think you're more of a modernist.