Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Election Prediction

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This is what I always do. Not because I’m afraid of the mail, but because I procrastinate, leaving no choice but the drop box.

FRAUD!!!! They're mail-in ballots, not drop in ballots....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

FRAUD!!!! They're mail-in ballots, not drop in ballots....

But, but, but the post office can’t handle it. No way is it possible for the Post Office to handle an extra piece of mail, or even two pieces of mail, at each home. ... Says me in December when my wife asks me to once again address the 50 or 60 Christmas cards we send out every year.

Out of curiosity, if ballots are mailed out to everyone , what’s to keep someone from voting in person and by mail. I can’t imagine there is enough manpower to cross check voter registration numbers on both considering we can’t even track much fewer corona virus patients.

7 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Out of curiosity, if ballots are mailed out to everyone , what’s to keep someone from voting in person and by mail. I can’t imagine there is enough manpower to cross check voter registration numbers on both considering we can’t even track much fewer corona virus patients.

I don't know about other states do it but here in Arizona you have the option of voting at a polling place or vote by mail when you register. When you go to a polling place they scan the bar code on your ID. If you are on the vote by mail list you can't cast a regular ballot at the polling place. They will let you fill out a provisional ballot though and if the election is close enough they will count it after checking to see if you sent in your mail in ballot.

People, not a fan.

8 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

How do they prevent people from voting twice in any election? This won’t fully answer your question, because Oregon doesn’t have in-person balloting. But in Oregon, every ballot is scanned with a unique bar code. You can actually track online whether or not you ballot has been received and when it gets counted. If anything is flagged, they match signatures. 

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If you have even one state or the District of Columbia, that certifies it’s election results, there is enough electoral college votes. Only in the event of a tie does congress choose the president like that.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-could-lose-election-still-remain-president-opinion-1513975

This article written by a former Colorado senator claims otherwise. To me it seems like it would be majority not 270 but this person says otherwise. 

1. Biden wins the popular vote, and carries the key swing states of Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania by decent but not overwhelming margins.
  2. Trump immediately declares that the voting was rigged, that there was mail-in ballot fraud and that the Chinese were behind a plan to provide fraudulent mail-in ballots and other "election hacking" throughout the four key swing states that gave Biden his victory.
  3. Having railed against the Chinese throughout the campaign, calling Biden "soft on China," Trump delivers his narrative claiming the Chinese have interfered in the U.S. election.
  4. Trump indicates this is a major national security issue, and he invokes emergency powers, directing the Justice Department to investigate the alleged activity in the swing states. The legal justification for the presidential powers he invokes has already been developed and issued by Barr.
  5. The investigation is intended to tick down the clock toward December 14, the deadline when each state's Electoral College electors must be appointed. This is the very issue that the Supreme Court harped on in Bush v. Gore in ruling that the election process had to be brought to a close, thus forbidding the further counting of Florida ballots.
  6. All four swing states have Republican control of both their upper and lower houses of their state legislatures. Those state legislatures refuse to allow any Electoral College slate to be certified until the "national security" investigation is complete.
  7. The Democrats will have begun a legal action to certify the results in those four states, and the appointment of the Biden slate of electors, arguing that Trump has manufactured a national security emergency in order to create the ensuing chaos.
  8. The issue goes up to the Supreme Court, which unlike the 2000 election does not decide the election in favor of the Republicans. However, it indicates again that the December 14 Electoral College deadline must be met; that the president's national security powers legally authorize him to investigate potential foreign country intrusion into the national election; and if no Electoral College slate can be certified by any state by December 14, the Electoral College must meet anyway and cast its votes.
  9. The Electoral College meets, and without the electors from those four states being represented, neither Biden nor Trump has sufficient votes to get an Electoral College majority.
  10. The election is thrown into the House of Representatives, pursuant to the Constitution. Under the relevant constitutional process, the vote in the House is by state delegation, where each delegation casts one vote, which is determined by the majority of the representatives in that state.
  11. Currently, there are 26 states that have a majority Republican House delegation. 23 states have a majority Democratic delegation. There is one state, Pennsylvania, that has an evenly split delegation. Even if the Democrats were to pick up seats in Pennsylvania and hold all their 2018 House gains, the Republicans would have a 26 to 24 delegation majority.
  12. This vote would enable Trump to retain the presidency.

49 minutes ago, tspoke said:

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-could-lose-election-still-remain-president-opinion-1513975

This article written by a former Colorado senator claims otherwise. To me it seems like it would be majority not 270 but this person says otherwise. 

and then @SDSUfan gets his civil war I suppose.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

How do they prevent people from voting twice in any election? This won’t fully answer your question, because Oregon doesn’t have in-person balloting. But in Oregon, every ballot is scanned with a unique bar code. You can actually track online whether or not you ballot has been received and when it gets counted. If anything is flagged, they match signatures. 

I was thinking that if you were so inclined, you could vote by mail a couple of days before the election (before mail arrives on Election Day) then go vote at the ballot. Maybe you’re right that you could do it any year. It just seems more likely to happen this year.

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

You read the constitution better than he does. Although he has a creative imagination.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

52 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I was thinking that if you were so inclined, you could vote by mail a couple of days before the election (before mail arrives on Election Day) then go vote at the ballot. Maybe you’re right that you could do it any year. It just seems more likely to happen this year.

My understanding is that they check absentee ballots against in-person ballots to prevent double votes. It's one of the reasons why it takes a while to certify elections. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

You can actually track online whether or not you ballot has been received and when it gets counted. If anything is flagged, they match signatures. 

Same in Washington.  Just looked up my primary ballot and it was accepted.  One bar code = one vote.  Not that hard but I'm sure some states will screw it up this fall.

image.png.b6dfc699efd6206b11b2c09c201a3399.png

38 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Same in Washington.  Just looked up my primary ballot and it was accepted.  One bar code = one vote.  Not that hard but I'm sure some states will screw it up this fall.

image.png.b6dfc699efd6206b11b2c09c201a3399.png

They will and lots of voters will screw it up this fall as well, just like they do every time. But there is going to be a lot more of it this year. 

https://sweep.thedispatch.com/p/the-sweep-how-trump-can-win

Let’s peek at New York’s primary from June 23. Several of the races have yet to be called because of the enormous delay in counting tens of thousands of absentee ballots. By way of comparison, in 2016, 23,000 absentee ballots were returned and validated in New York. This year, there were more than 400,000 absentee ballots returned. Again, everyone I’ve seen is using these numbers to predict that the November election won’t be called for days or weeks. Sure, that may be a problem but they are missing a much, much larger one staring them in the face.

Of those ballots that make it back to their voting precinct, “tens of thousands of mail-in ballots were invalidated for technicalities like a missing signature or a missing postmark on the envelope.” And that’s not even counting the people who requested an absentee ballot that never arrived or arrived after the election.

To make this abundantly clear: Nearly everyone who votes in person has their vote counted but far fewer of those who try to vote absentee have their vote counted. In one study out of Georgia in 2018, the rejection rate for absentee ballots was as high as 17 percent—and that’s of voters who were able to receive their ballots and return them. Currently in New York, they are reportingthat 20-25 percent of absentee ballots that were returned have been disqualified.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

If he loses this fall, no chance he runs in 2024.  If he is not in jail, the amount of books and documentaries about these past four years will sink him.  Republicans will act like they never knew him.

If trump loses he won't run as republican again, as he will balme that party for his loss.............he has a following of Cult45 that could compel trump to run as 3rd party (lunatic party :blink:)  just to spite the republicans in 2024 

On the other hand, I'm guessing there will be a flood of "TELL ALL" books coming out from White House insiders on the circus that was trumps term in office - They will all be wanting to cash in on the most idiotic administration is US history 

And is what is the impact of trumpism on the republican party going forward......does the GOP fully embrace crazy & try to become the party of trump or do they try to deny they even knew trump and attempt to wash the stain of trump as soon as possible to save the party ?!?!

I watched this earlier today .......about Bush 41 & the world events of 1988-1992 (was quite the refresher!).....and how his administration handled it - Can't imagine having a full on clown like trump trying to negotiate anything close to what Bush 41 had to on the world stage - Another thing to as I watched this, is how far the republican party has fallen into the crazy train since 1988 

https://www.pbs.org/show/statecraft-bush-41-team/

PREVIEW  LINK      https://www.pbs.org/video/preview-oo7cld/ 

Statecraft: The Bush 41 Team

Examine George H.W. Bush's foreign policy team's expertise as they navigated world crises.

46 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

When can you request an absentee or vote by mail ballot? 

Depends what state your in. Here in Arizona you can ask to be on the permanent vote by mail list at any time.

People, not a fan.

I predict, whichever candidate wins, it will be the worst Presidency this country has ever seen.

The divisions will grow deeper, the rhetoric harsher, and the decline into a hapless nation state will deepen.

All because we have allowed our two political parties to divide us into extremist political positions.

There is no middle ground left in the political arena.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor