Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Election Prediction

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

Yep, which leads to....

and then he'll sulk off and start TrumpTV and spend the rest of his life holding rallies and talking about how he was "robbed". Hell, I wouldn't even put it past him to run again in 2024 if he loses and is still capable of it.

If he loses this fall, no chance he runs in 2024.  If he is not in jail, the amount of books and documentaries about these past four years will sink him.  Republicans will act like they never knew him.

10 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's BS.  The USPS handles 472 million pieces of mail each day.  There are roughly 250 million pieces of mail that need mailed out in the weeks before the election.  Spread that over a few days and it would be a 10% increase in daily volume - similar to what would be seen around the holiday season or on Tax Day.  Then about 150 million return pieces of mail two weeks before the election.  There is no way that causes significant delays for USPS.

Counting the ballots is no different than before - and could actually proceed faster if they start counting the ballots returned before election day.

You are not a Postal Service expert. Sorry, your opinion is like an a-hole that everyone has. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, nirv117 said:

USPS seemed to be able to handle sending out all the census stuff this year, which would go to more households than would get election ballots.  I don't think the USPS will be the hang up.  I think it will be states slow counting and some people not mailing back in time and complaining their vote didn't count, etc. then a fight over if they should count the ballots that arrived late.

If there is no winner by inauguration does that mean the president pro tempore of the Senate would sit as president until it is decided?

Nancy Pelosi will think that’s her. 😂👍

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, gold-n-brown said:

If he loses this fall, no chance he runs in 2024.  If he is not in jail, the amount of books and documentaries about these past four years will sink him.  Republicans will act like they never knew him.

Junior may try, but I don't think he has the charisma. 

Ivanka could make a splash in the future, seems the most likable of the bunch.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

13 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You are not a Postal Service expert. Sorry, your opinion is like an a-hole that everyone has. 

Says the guy giving medical advice from the 2nd shift at the Tilt-A-Whirl.

People, not a fan.

5 minutes ago, Mano said:

No issues with Ivanka.  Seems very bright and reasonable.  The men are parroting the President (typically not a bad thing to want to emulate), and her husband is likely the worst.

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The electoral college is going to vote on December 14th. We’ll have a winner. The state governments will have to certify the vote before that day, or else they won’t have any electors to send and the state will remain silent. 270 or more than half is the winning number. The certification process in the weeks between Election Day and December 14th is going to be a nightmare.

Edit: And that’s to say nothing of the shitstorm if congress rejects that winner.

Here’s the problem. If a state isn’t decided yet in the courts (which could go to the Supreme Court), the state isn’t supposed to assign it’s electoral college votes. Maybe good news for Dems: if neither candidate gets enough electoral votes to win, the election goes to the House to decide, and 1 vote is given to each state. So do the math, it should still be a Dem win, but as an example you have a bunch of Dem reps in CA, but they only count as 1 vote, so that makes it interesting in the big states.
BUT, there can still be lawsuits on various grounds that might take a ruling or two or three to make those results final.

So you won’t have a winner on December 14 if there aren’t enough electoral college votes for either to win. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

Here’s the problem. If a state isn’t decided yet in the courts (which could go to the Supreme Court), the state isn’t supposed to assign it’s electoral college votes. Good news for Dems: if neither candidate gets enough electoral votes to win, the election goes to the House to decide, and 1 vote is given to each state. So essentially, whoever controls the House picks the president. BUT, there can still be lawsuits on various grounds that might take a ruling or two or three to make those results final.

So you won’t have a winner on December 14 if there aren’t enough electoral college votes for either to win. 

It goes to the house in the event of a tie. Somebody is more than likely going to be ahead in the EC vote. All it requires is a majority of votes, there is no not enough once the electoral college votes.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It goes to the house in the event of a tie. Somebody is more than likely going to be ahead in the EC vote. All it requires is a majority of votes, there is no not enough once the electoral college votes.

Supposedly you can have a scenario where there aren’t enough EC votes if certain states have their results caught up in court up to the Supreme Court. In that case they can elect to not assign their EC votes, and that could possibly lead to no winner, and then it would be decided in the House. Then each state is assigned 1 vote, and the votes are counted to determine the winner which would be the President. They don’t explain exactly how a state votes if there’s an equal number of reps of each party, or what happens if the final House vote is 25-25.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, gold-n-brown said:

Jail? Now that’s funny. He won’t run because he’ll be too old and the party will be ready to move on to (my prediction): Niki Haley. Trump junior will run, but he has no charisma and isn’t qualified by a mile. Ivanka running wouldn’t work because she’s not conservative enough to win the primaries. But if she fools enough people she is, she might make it interesting. If she got to the general, she’d probably have a decent shot of winning. But Niki Haley will smoke anyone in being qualified, she’s one of the few people that Trump really really likes and respects. When she rips him on a bad tweet, he takes the criticism and never barks back at her. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Supposedly you can have a scenario where there aren’t enough EC votes if certain states have their results caught up in court up to the Supreme Court. In that case they can elect to not assign their EC votes, and that could possibly lead to no winner, and then it would be decided in the House. Then each state is assigned 1 vote, and the votes are counted to determine the winner which would be the President. They don’t explain exactly how a state votes if there’s an equal number of reps of each party, or what happens if the final House vote is 25-25.

If you have even one state or the District of Columbia, that certifies it’s election results, there is enough electoral college votes. Only in the event of a tie does congress choose the president like that.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, Mano said:

She’d have to divorce Jared and completely disavow her father. Even then, the trump stink is going to last forever on everyone associated with this admin. They’re all done.

I’ve been using mail in ballots for a a few years and put them in the drop box at the city hall each time rather than mailing them and I always see others doing the same. I think you can also drop them off at the polling sites on Election Day too.

2 hours ago, RamSack said:

I’ve been using mail in ballots for a a few years and put them in the drop box at the city hall each time rather than mailing them and I always see others doing the same. I think you can also drop them off at the polling sites on Election Day too.

This is what I always do. Not because I’m afraid of the mail, but because I procrastinate, leaving no choice but the drop box.