Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Election Prediction

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I haven't said a single untruth in this thread.

i'm just trying to add an independent voice to the echo chamber...

If anything, I've opened a few minds---most likely being @ph90702 about the potential "value" his ballot could create for him.  I think he'll have an appointment in Pahrump this November.

I guess if providing legit, factual, sourced news outside of political leanings is your definition of an echo chamber, I would submit you are anything but an "independent" voice and are being disingenuous in portraying yourself as such.  Those minds you believed you opened already live within your echo chamber and needed no convincing that your opinion was theirs as well.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Don't do that. That's his hook. His general goal is to ruin a conversation by wasting your energy on silly nonsense or trivialities or simplicities. If you made a sentient gish gallop bot I would insist you name it #2 Stunner. 

Someone challenges your opinions and you call it "ruining a conversation"?!?!

Don't be a simpleton... I've raised ACTUAL issues (you just are upset that I pointed out the fraud potential). 

Just now, #1Stunner said:

Someone challenges your opinions and you call it "ruining a conversation"?!?!

Don't be a simpleton... I've raised ACTUAL issues (you just are upset that I pointed out the fraud potential). 

You suggested using a notary for every single mail in ballot, when the point of mail in ballots are to avoid people, when there is no notary for in person voting.

Everything you do is a lie. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This is not a gag.

I do believe that the Chinese (maybe not the Russians) have developed the printing press technology to print fake ballots, yes.

Why on earth would you think I am joking about the Chinese having the ability to print fake paper ballots?  

The problem is that you have nailed them down on ways mail-in ballots are subject to fraud.  Once that happens then the only thing left is to call it a gag or say you are trolling.  That is a lot easier than explaining how mail-in ballots keep folks from completing and mailing ballots that are not intended for them.  Maybe it could impact a close election...maybe not.  But the opportunity is there and it would be nearly impossible to detect.  They are stuck with the whole "mail-in ballots are 100% safe" line.

Guest #1Stunner

This could be a disaster if someone fills out the bubble sheet incorrectly.

This is like the AL GORE / W BUSH election all over again.

i5lhac63ufe41.jpg

1 minute ago, PokeTransplant said:

I guess if providing legit, factual, sourced news outside of political leanings is your definition of an echo chamber, I would submit you are anything but an "independent" voice and are being disingenuous in portraying yourself as such.  Those minds you believed you opened already live within your echo chamber and needed no convincing that your opinion was theirs as well.

Are you telling me that the Scan Tron technology has improved over the past 20 years?

I still recall the controversy over counting votes in Florida, because of hanging chads and mistakes on the bubble sheet.

https://www.npr.org/2016/03/10/469843340/voting-machines-could-again-take-center-stage

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

You suggested using a notary for every single mail in ballot, when the point of mail in ballots are to avoid people, when there is no notary for in person voting.

Everything you do is a lie. 

Please don't tell me you are that obtuse, that you think notaries require large groups of people, without social distancing... 

Notaries can wear a mask (I hope).

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

The problem is that you have nailed them down on ways mail-in ballots are subject to fraud.  

Once that happens then the only thing left is to call it a gag or say you are trolling.  

That is a lot easier than explaining how mail-in ballots keep folks from completing and mailing ballots that are not intended for them.  Maybe it could impact a close election...maybe not.  But the opportunity is there and it would be nearly impossible to detect.  They are stuck with the whole "mail-in ballots are 100% safe" line.

Someone comes on here, challenges the orthodoxy (i.e., Mail in Ballots Cannot Experience Fraud), and next you know, I have a Gonzaga Graduate doing exactly what you just said...

It's like it blew his mind.

I still recall the huge push toward electronic machines, and getting away from the "bubble sheets" because of problems.  Also, the potential for fraud.

then I even proposed the Notary Idea (to make this almost fraud proof), and the guys said it would require large crowds to use a notary and wasn't safe (I guess notaries can't use a mask!?!?!)

1 minute ago, BYUcougfan said:

The problem is that you have nailed them down on ways mail-in ballots are subject to fraud.  Once that happens then the only thing left is to call it a gag or say you are trolling.  That is a lot easier than explaining how mail-in ballots keep folks from completing and mailing ballots that are not intended for them.  Maybe it could impact a close election...maybe not.  But the opportunity is there and it would be nearly impossible to detect.  They are stuck with the whole "mail-in ballots are 100% safe" line.

No, he hasn't.

We live in states that are pretty much exclusively mail-in. We told you that they are more secure than previous states that were vote in person. The mechanisms have been explained.

I mean... why do you think in person voting is secure? Voting is secure because there's no benefit to individual fraud. Voting "fraud" is done at the administrative and state level, not the individual level. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Someone comes on here, challenges the orthodoxy (i.e., Mail in Ballots Cannot Experience Fraud), and next you know, I have a Gonzaga Graduate doing exactly what you just said...

It's like it blew his mind.

I still recall the huge push toward electronic machines, and getting away from the "bubble sheets" because of problems.  Also, the potential for fraud.

then I even proposed the Notary Idea (to make this almost fraud proof), and the guys said it would require large crowds to use a notary and wasn't safe (I guess notaries can't use a mask!?!?!)

Regardless of social distancing, there are not enough notaries in the country to make that work.  Your points on the potential for fraud are still valid.  There is no way to be certain the person who the ballot was intended for is the one that actually completes that ballot.

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

No, he hasn't.

We live in states that are pretty much exclusively mail-in. We told you that they are more secure than previous states that were vote in person. The mechanisms have been explained.

I mean... why do you think in person voting is secure? Voting is secure because there's no benefit to individual fraud. Voting "fraud" is done at the administrative and state level, not the individual level. 

"The mechanisms have been explained"!!!

The explanations are subject to be challenged. 

Voting fraud has not been done at the individual level before.....because it has mostly been an in person process, and much harder to commit fraud.   

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Regardless of social distancing, there are not enough notaries in the country to make that work.  Your points on the potential for fraud are still valid.  There is no way to be certain the person who the ballot was intended for is the one that actually completes that ballot.

We have poll worker getting trained to work at the polls.

I see no reason we couldn't have the same folks get trained and certified to be a notary, and fill out a notary book. 

What about banks?  Maybe they'd get new customers by having people get come in and get a free ballot notary?

On 8/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

Jim Webb was my last solid "I want that guy in" candidate.  

Haven't heard that name for a long time. He would have made a great president for a number of reasons.

One is that Trump would have hated him. Cuz Trump likes his war heroes not to have been injured in the line of duty.

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

No, he hasn't.

If working for votes at the individual level was not worth it, you would not see the kinds of things candidates do to get out the vote.  If it is worth providing transportation to get someone to the poll, it is just as worthwhile to "help" them fill out the ballot.  I don't think we have an alternative to mail-in voting.  I don't think it is going to be any more fraudulent than it may have been in the past.  It does not mean that it is secure.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Haven't heard that name for a long time. He would have made a great president for a number of reasons.

One is that Trump would have hated him. Cuz Trump likes his war heroes not to have been injured in the line of duty.

Jim Webb.

He wrote sex books.  I remember that being a thing.

Just now, BYUcougfan said:

If working for votes at the individual level was not worth it, you would not see the kinds of things candidates do to get out the vote.  

Literally not what I said at all

Just now, BYUcougfan said:

If it is worth providing transportation to get someone to the poll, it is just as worthwhile to "help" them fill out the ballot.  I don't think we have an alternative to mail-in voting.  I don't think it is going to be any more fraudulent than it may have been in the past.  It does not mean that it is secure.

I mean, it's as or more secure as in-person voting. A limited number of names in your registered area, your name is on the ballot, they cross your name off and check signatures. Absent national ID that's pretty much all you can do. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

If working for votes at the individual level was not worth it, you would not see the kinds of things candidates do to get out the vote.  If it is worth providing transportation to get someone to the poll, it is just as worthwhile to "help" them fill out the ballot.  I don't think we have an alternative to mail-in voting.  I don't think it is going to be any more fraudulent than it may have been in the past.  It does not mean that it is secure.

Here grandma....

Let me help you fill out that mail in ballot.  Don't worry, I'll take care of mailing it in...

.(secretly votes for mandatory euthanasia ballot initiative on the ballot for senior citizens over 75).

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I mean, it's as or more secure as in-person voting. A limited number of names in your registered area, your name is on the ballot, they cross your name off and check signatures. Absent national ID that's pretty much all you can do. 

There is an easy fix for in-person voting.  Require identification.  I know....black people aren't capable of getting I.D.s so it is racist.

Guest #1Stunner
33 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Mormonism meets postmodernism is an interesting thing. It's impossible to tell what he means when he posts anything. But even then, he and I have had a few actual decent conversations on issues even if he was doing a bit. So I try to presume there's a kernel of truth in what he says he believes on here. 

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Not living in a cave. Stunner has simply been getting all his info from the Deseret News again.

If you don't like the argument, you can always bring up a person's religion, or make references to it.

Yikes!

@BYUcougfan

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

8 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

If working for votes at the individual level was not worth it, you would not see the kinds of things candidates do to get out the vote.  If it is worth providing transportation to get someone to the poll, it is just as worthwhile to "help" them fill out the ballot.  

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Then I am at a loss for what you meant.  I took what you said to mean that fraud would not happen because it basically is not efficient to try and commit fraud ballot by ballot.