Jump to content
Nevada Convert

Election Prediction

Recommended Posts

The US Postal service just changed its mind and stated that they won’t be able to handle the influx of mail voting without delays. There are STILL Dem primaries that aren’t decided yet closing in on 2 months. These people couldn’t handle the number of mail in ballots. Most states don’t have the resources to deal with massive mail in ballots, and some admit it. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

They won’t be able to just count them in time, let alone, do investigations of fraud and re-counts. We’re going back to the Stone Age on counting votes in a timely manner. Not only will we not know who wins on Election Day, we might not know on Inauguration Day which would put us into a constitutional crisis. Lawyers on both sides will be challenging votes in the battleground states. 

Worst of all, Protestors and Rioters are used to getting what they want as of recent times, and they’re going to hits the streets demanding that Biden be declared the winner regardless if the count looks good or bad for Biden. This is going to make Floyd look like child’s play. China, Russia etc. will be helping rioters and chaos to make our form of democracy look like a 3rd world country joke. But we have too many thugs in this country that don’t care about our system and law/order. 

So my prediction is massive protesting/rioting in an attempt to influence whatever legal avenues are being pursued by both sides on the counts. Imagine 30 states with the equivalent of hanging chads, and massive rioting over it. And I predict the legal challenges won’t be resolved by Inauguration Day. I’m going out on a limb a bit on that one, but if it’s close, I think it could happen. 
 

What’s your Election Prediction?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The US Postal service just changed its mind and stated that they won’t be able to handle the influx of mail voting without delays. There are STILL Dem primaries that aren’t decided yet closing in on 2 months. These people couldn’t handle the number of mail in ballots. Most states don’t have the resources to deal with massive mail in ballots, and some admit it. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

They won’t be able to just count them in time, let alone, do investigations of fraud and re-counts. We’re going back to the Stone Age on counting votes in a timely manner. Not only will we not know who wins on Election Day, we might not know on Inauguration Day which would put us into a constitutional crisis. Lawyers on both sides will be challenging votes in the battleground states. 

Worst of all, Protestors and Rioters are used to getting what they want as of recent times, and they’re going to hits the streets demanding that Biden be declared the winner regardless if the count looks good or bad for Biden. This is going to make Floyd look like child’s play. China, Russia etc. will be helping rioters and chaos to make our form of democracy look like a 3rd world country joke. But we have too many thugs in this country that don’t care about our system and law/order. 

So my prediction is massive protesting/rioting in an attempt to influence whatever legal avenues are being pursued by both sides on the counts. Imagine 30 states with the equivalent of hanging chads, and massive rioting over it. And I predict the legal challenges won’t be resolved by Inauguration Day. I’m going out on a limb a bit on that one, but if it’s close, I think it could happen. 
 

What’s your Election Prediction?

The loser will try to drag it out, but I doubt it will be anything close to resembling the picture you paint above. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RamSack said:

The loser will try to drag it out, but I doubt it will be anything close to resembling the picture you paint above. 

Yep, which leads to....

4 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Trump loses and will be a little bitch about it.

and then he'll sulk off and start TrumpTV and spend the rest of his life holding rallies and talking about how he was "robbed". Hell, I wouldn't even put it past him to run again in 2024 if he loses and is still capable of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The US Postal service just changed its mind and stated that they won’t be able to handle the influx of mail voting without delays. There are STILL Dem primaries that aren’t decided yet closing in on 2 months. These people couldn’t handle the number of mail in ballots. Most states don’t have the resources to deal with massive mail in ballots, and some admit it.

That's BS.  The USPS handles 472 million pieces of mail each day.  There are roughly 250 million pieces of mail that need mailed out in the weeks before the election.  Spread that over a few days and it would be a 10% increase in daily volume - similar to what would be seen around the holiday season or on Tax Day.  Then about 150 million return pieces of mail two weeks before the election.  There is no way that causes significant delays for USPS.

Counting the ballots is no different than before - and could actually proceed faster if they start counting the ballots returned before election day.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's BS.  The USPS handles 472 million pieces of mail each day.  There are roughly 250 million pieces of mail that need mailed out in the weeks before the election.  Spread that over a few days and it would be a 10% increase in daily volume - similar to what would be seen around the holiday season or on Tax Day.  Then about 150 million return pieces of mail two weeks before the election.  There is no way that causes significant delays for USPS.

Counting the ballots is no different than before - and could actually proceed faster if they start counting the ballots returned before election day.

Yeah it could be interesting in I think very few people are undecided at this point and 90-95% of the electorate know exactly for whom they are going to vote.   I think a lot of ballots come in earlier than expected.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's BS.  The USPS handles 472 million pieces of mail each day.  There are roughly 250 million pieces of mail that need mailed out in the weeks before the election.  Spread that over a few days and it would be a 10% increase in daily volume - similar to what would be seen around the holiday season or on Tax Day.  Then about 150 million return pieces of mail two weeks before the election.  There is no way that causes significant delays for USPS.

Counting the ballots is no different than before - and could actually proceed faster if they start counting the ballots returned before election day.

They could quit picking up the +++++ing junk mail my mailbox is deluged in for a couple weeks and be fine. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump and his coconspirators are trying to engineer this exact outcome, but they’re not competent enough to pull it off.

  • Like 2
  • Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

They could quit picking up the +++++ing junk mail my mailbox is deluged in for a couple weeks and be fine. 

Congratulations!  You've been pre-qualified for a $25,000 personal loan with 0% interest*!

*for 3 months, then the rate increases to 24.99% APR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Trump and his coconspirators are trying to engineer this exact outcome, but they’re not competent enough to pull it off.

This.  USPS is reportedly running low on cash with less mail due to Covid.  But if they start layoffs and closing post offices - rural communities would most likely be the first to go due to them being unprofitable.  That would hurt Trump voters more than Biden ones.

If they start huge layoffs in urban areas and purposefully try to rig the election in that manner - then maybe @Nevada Convert has a point about the riots happening.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

USPS seemed to be able to handle sending out all the census stuff this year, which would go to more households than would get election ballots.  I don't think the USPS will be the hang up.  I think it will be states slow counting and some people not mailing back in time and complaining their vote didn't count, etc. then a fight over if they should count the ballots that arrived late.

If there is no winner by inauguration does that mean the president pro tempore of the Senate would sit as president until it is decided?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nirv117 said:

USPS seemed to be able to handle sending out all the census stuff this year, which would go to more households than would get election ballots.  I don't think the USPS will be the hang up.  I think it will be states slow counting and some people not mailing back in time and complaining their vote didn't count, etc. then a fight over if they should count the ballots that arrived late.

If there is no winner by inauguration does that mean the president pro tempore of the Senate would sit as president until it is decided?

The electoral college is going to vote on December 14th. We’ll have a winner. The state governments will have to certify the vote before that day, or else they won’t have any electors to send and the state will remain silent. 270 or more than half is the winning number. The certification process in the weeks between Election Day and December 14th is going to be a nightmare.

Edit: And that’s to say nothing of the shitstorm if congress rejects that winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

They could quit picking up the +++++ing junk mail my mailbox is deluged in for a couple weeks and be fine. 

God, I'm already sick of the obscene amounts of election junk mail I'm getting. 

I cataloged all of it that I got in 2010, and it was insane between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown. Every day that I went to get my mail, it'd be full of election stuff promoting one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

The US Postal service just changed its mind and stated that they won’t be able to handle the influx of mail voting without delays. There are STILL Dem primaries that aren’t decided yet closing in on 2 months. These people couldn’t handle the number of mail in ballots. Most states don’t have the resources to deal with massive mail in ballots, and some admit it. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

They won’t be able to just count them in time, let alone, do investigations of fraud and re-counts. We’re going back to the Stone Age on counting votes in a timely manner. Not only will we not know who wins on Election Day, we might not know on Inauguration Day which would put us into a constitutional crisis. Lawyers on both sides will be challenging votes in the battleground states. 

Worst of all, Protestors and Rioters are used to getting what they want as of recent times, and they’re going to hits the streets demanding that Biden be declared the winner regardless if the count looks good or bad for Biden. This is going to make Floyd look like child’s play. China, Russia etc. will be helping rioters and chaos to make our form of democracy look like a 3rd world country joke. But we have too many thugs in this country that don’t care about our system and law/order. 

So my prediction is massive protesting/rioting in an attempt to influence whatever legal avenues are being pursued by both sides on the counts. Imagine 30 states with the equivalent of hanging chads, and massive rioting over it. And I predict the legal challenges won’t be resolved by Inauguration Day. I’m going out on a limb a bit on that one, but if it’s close, I think it could happen. 
 

What’s your Election Prediction?

image.jpeg.b36324506b112ddb42dd2755a60deee9.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

...What’s your Election Prediction?

Trump wins in a nail biter and the dems spend the next 4 years in denial and perpetual whining.  Pretty much a repeat of 2016.

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Creeper wins in a nail biter and the Trumpers spend the next 4 years in denial and perpetual whining.  Pretty much a repeat of 2008.

Just as plausible.  Either way, I am not going to like either garbage individuals and their divisive BS they spew on this great nation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, "Race to 270" has it:

Senate: 47-47, with 6 tossups (MT, CO, IA, GA, NC, ME - all of these have Republican incumbents).  My prediction is a Republican close win, 51-49.

House: 224-191 democrat lead, with 20 tossups.  Democrats will almost certainly remain in control here.  Looking at the tossups, the democrats will probably gain a couple of seats from what they have now...so my prediction is 236-199.

President: Right now it's at 278-169, with 91 tossup electoral votes.  The only tossup states they are showing are FL, AZ, GA, NC, and OH.  My prediction is Biden wining the electoral college 315-223.

But we are still 88 days out, so lots could happen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...