Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Election Prediction

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

China and Russia want election chaos.

Sure they do. But they probably know that the best way to do it is sowing idsinformation and making us trust our government process less or hacking electronic voting machines than trying to figure out which ballots to send in where and have them match the 100,000s different ballots out there.

Can you imagine the chaos and illegitimacy of the election if they get like 10 mail in ballots from the "same" person????  Or 10 ballots from one household?!?!

They will contact you to identify your ballot. Or they compare signitures. Or both. 

Or a mail ballot from 10,000 Yao Mings???

If yao Ming isn't registered in the district they throw it out.

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I compared signing a document fraudulently to singing a document fraudulently.

What's so funny?

You never heard of tax return fraud and identity theft?

Producing the fraudulent document in the first place is where they are incomparable. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

13 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

It reminds me of people going to file their taxes, and finding out that someone already posed as them, and filed a tax return under their identity.

Or people fraudulently signing someone else's name to a petition to get Kanye on the ballot.

It's outrageous!!!  China and Russia can't be trusted.

This Wyoming grad's article is spot on:

https://www.propublica.org/article/voting-by-mail-would-reduce-coronavirus-transmission-but-it-has-other-risks

7 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

China and Russia want election chaos.

I could see them plausibly printing duplicate ballots, and filling them out in a legit citizen's name.

Can you imagine the chaos and illegitimacy of the election if they get like 10 mail in ballots from the "same" person????  Or 10 ballots from one household?!?!

Or a mail ballot from 10,000 Yao Mings???

Your bits are getting a little better on this side of the board. Cheers. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, tspoke said:

There are many safeguards regarding that. From bar codes identifying the ballot to an individual voter. To matching signatures. If there are issues such as signature not matching or multiple ballots from one person they will contact you to make sure you voted and to clear up any issues. It has been done for a long time and they have gotten good at it. Some states are farther along and better at it than other and other states need some catch up but I don't think any state is just going to mail balltos out willy nilly without a process in place to catch fraud.

Fair point...but there are other means of fraud, that are a lot easier to carry out with mail ballots.

What about the liberal, millennial University of Wyoming graduate, who fills out his elderly parents ballots for them, and mails them in?   What about that fraud???? Much easier to carry out that fraud, than do it in person.

What about Jill Biden, filling out Joe Biden's ballot (Joe has dementia and doesn't have capacity to vote).   I doubt Jill would dare do that in person at the voting booth...

What about poor people, or college kids, "selling" their ballots"   You don't think a guy like @ph90702 would readily exchange his ballot for a "free one" out in Pahrump?  (I doubt he'd do this exchange at the polling booth).

Beyond the obvious actions of China and Russia, so much potential for fraud. 

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Producing the fraudulent document in the first place is where they are incomparable. 

Completely disagree.  

"Producing a fraudulent document"?   What?!?!?   Not sure I follow. 

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

Completely disagree.  

"Producing a fraudulent document"?   What?!?!?   Not sure I follow. 

It is easier to create fraudulent tax, title and credit documents that look legitimate than it is to create ballots that look legitimate. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

It is easier to create fraudulent tax, title and credit documents that look legitimate than it is to create ballots that look legitimate. 

OK, I don't disagree with you there at all.

But China is very sophisticated (Russia, not so much, except when it comes to making Vodka and Fur Hats).

Amazon has thousands of counterfeit items for sale on their market, because of the Chinese.    I'm still ticked off I got counterfeit spark plugs off amazon (Damn Chinese!!!!)

Hell.... I wouldn't be surprised if our official election ballots are printed in China.

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Fair point...but there are other means of fraud, that are a lot easier to carry out with mail ballots.

What about the liberal, millennial University of Wyoming graduate, who fills out his elderly parents ballots for them, and mails them in?   What about that fraud???? Much easier to carry out that fraud, than do it in person.

What about Jill Biden, filling out Joe Biden's ballot (Joe has dementia and doesn't have capacity to vote).   I doubt Jill would dare do that in person at the voting booth...

What about poor people, or college kids, "selling" their ballots"   You don't think a guy like @ph90702 would readily exchange his ballot for a "free one" out in Pahrump?  (I doubt he'd do this exchange at the polling booth).

Beyond the obvious actions of China and Russia, so much potential for fraud. 

Come on man....your Q is showing.  I know it is nice and cozy inside your echo chamber, but you really should get take a look at the facts that have been provided in this thread by legit, factual sources.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, PokeTransplant said:

Come on man....your Q is showing.  I know it is nice and cozy inside your echo chamber, but you really should get take a look at the facts that have been provided in this thread by legit, factual sources.

My IQ is showing???

I've never claimed to be a smart person... But seriously, you gotta throw that out there and rub it in my face?!!

I'm raising real questions for fraud---I'm surprised how Democrats keep saying the mail ballots are fool proof and cannot be spoofed.  You have more confidence than I do in our system. 

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

My IQ is showing???

I've never claimed to be a smart person... But seriously, you gotta throw that out there and rub it in my face?!!

I'm raising real questions for fraud---I'm surprised how Democrats keep saying the mail ballots are fool proof and cannot be spoofed.  You have more confidence than I do in our system. 

49 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

LOL. OK, I get it. This is a bit.

You called it @smltwnrckr

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

OK, I don't disagree with you there at all.

But China is very sophisticated (Russia, not so much, except when it comes to making Vodka and Fur Hats).

Amazon has thousands of counterfeit items for sale on their market, because of the Chinese.    I'm still ticked off I got counterfeit spark plugs off amazon (Damn Chinese!!!!)

Hell.... I wouldn't be surprised if our official election ballots are printed in China.

That's funny. I get this is a gag, but I just want to point out for people who actually think that you're speaking truth here that in my city alone there are like 5 or 6 different ballots depending on the neighborhood. My county? Who knows? My state? It keeps getting bigger. The idea that the Chinese or Russians could somehow produce real-looking ballots that match the local races to the individuals living in those districts who are registered to vote (and have the correct scanner, signature and postmarks) is batshit insane. Like I said, it would literally be easier to just invade a-la Red Dawn. 

And there are people who claim to believe what you're saying here. 

49 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

LOL. OK, I get it. This is a bit.

It is stunner. it is never not a bit

39 minutes ago, tspoke said:

You haven't explained how this supposed fake ballot and mail fraud will work. Maybe I don't understand and you can explain it.

FWIW the protections for mail-in in Washington are more stringent than they were for in person in Wyoming.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

FWIW the protections for mail-in in Washington are more stringent than they were for in person in Wyoming.

Had a thought...

What about having to get a mail in ballot notarized by the voter and a notary, after which, the ballot is immediately sealed with a non-tamper sticker and mailed in.

That might work. 

Would promote social distancing, virtually eliminate fraud, and would satisfy Democrats who are concerned about the COVID-19 spread and dislike having to drive to a polling location.

@Akkula  would a Notary be fair?

Just now, happycamper said:

Mormonism meets postmodernism is an interesting thing. It's impossible to tell what he means when he posts anything. But even then, he and I have had a few actual decent conversations on issues even if he was doing a bit. So I try to presume there's a kernel of truth in what he says he believes on here. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Mormonism meets postmodernism is an interesting thing. It's impossible to tell what he means when he posts anything. But even then, he and I have had a few actual decent conversations on issues even if he was doing a bit. So I try to presume there's a kernel of truth in what he says he believes on here. 

Ummmm... I'm right here (I can hear you talking about me, friend).

I haven't said a single untruth in this thread.

i'm just trying to add an independent voice to the echo chamber...  You all are dear friends,

If anything, I've opened a few minds---most likely being @ph90702 about the potential "value" his mail-in ballot could create for him.  I think he'll have an appointment in Pahrump this November.

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

That's funny. I get this is a gag, but I just want to point out for people who actually think that you're speaking truth here that in my city alone there are like 5 or 6 different ballots depending on the neighborhood. My county? Who knows? My state? It keeps getting bigger. The idea that the Chinese or Russians could somehow produce real-looking ballots that match the local races to the individuals living in those districts who are registered to vote (and have the correct scanner, signature and postmarks) is batshit insane. Like I said, it would literally be easier to just invade a-la Red Dawn. 

And there are people who claim to believe what you're saying here. 

This is not a gag.

I do believe that the Chinese (maybe not the Russians) have developed the printing press technology to print fake ballots, yes.

Why on earth would you think I am joking about the Chinese having the ability to print fake paper ballots?  

they could print 100 ballots with all the same bar code and send them in, fake signed....which one would be real!?!?!?!  It would create CHAOS!!!!

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Don't do that. That's his hook. His general goal is to ruin a conversation by wasting your energy on silly nonsense or trivialities or simplicities. If you made a sentient gish gallop bot I would insist you name it #2 Stunner. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner

This could be a disaster if someone fills out the bubble sheet incorrectly.

This is like the AL GORE / W BUSH election all over again.

i5lhac63ufe41.jpg