Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

Report: Biden may not debate due to cognitive decline

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He's actually held up better than I thought he would.  And he's never been my "hero."  He's just been the best, or least worst choice.  Just like in this election. 

So. Biden is in cognitive decline, but Donald "look at this graph" Trump is perfectly cognizant of what's going on around him?

Jesus Christ.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So. Biden is in cognitive decline, but Donald "look at this graph" Trump is perfectly cognizant of what's going on around him?

Jesus Christ.

The graph with 4 bars that looked like it was made for kindergarten to be clear.  Which just proves my point.  No matter how slow Trump looks, there is literally nothing he can do to lower his own bar and cause his followers to question his mental capacity.  A debate will come down to some dumb line like how small someone's hands are.  And he is very good at the entertainment aspect, as the crazy chants in the rallies showed.  Biden should limit the debates for strategy.  Don't give Trump a platform where lying doesn't matter and showmanship and one liners are.  Focus on message and stay ahead in the polls.  

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Since Biden refuses to do any difficult, unscripted / non-softball media interviews (which Trump just did, and got roasted and embarrassed), these rumors persist.

Not sure why Biden can't sit down with the same HBO guy, for a hard hitting interview.  

You have not been able to show any non-scripted or fluff interviews that Joe Biden has done in the last 3 months. 

The hbo interview wasn't a hard hitting interview, it just seemed like it because trump shit all over himself at a follow up question of "what books". 

Guest #1Stunner
14 minutes ago, tspoke said:

The hbo interview wasn't a hard hitting interview, it just seemed like it because trump shit all over himself at a follow up question of "what books". 

If it isn't hard hitting, the same interviewer should do an interview with Joe Biden, and ask similar questions.

Why protect these guys.... they should be under the spotlight.

Oddly, some Democrats keep arguing that Joe Biden should not be doing real media interviews right now, and that he should be protected and sheltered... Why?

I'd also like to see the Libertarian candidate do more high profile interviews. 

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think it's more likely that people will tune in to see if Joe can hold up.  If he can, he'll be fine.  If he has a "senior moment" or two, he's toast.

My guess is the debates won’t matter. They’re both old.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

That's such depressing commentary on the state of our leadership.

It is indeed. But you have to find the humor in it all. The notion that Trump, who once bragged about the size of his dick during a live debate, is some great debater is pretty funny. 

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

If this thread is any indication, Trump could be in trouble. His only saving grace in the Hillary debates was that the expectations were basement-level low. Looks like Biden will get the benefit of low expectations this time around.

I thought Biden did fine in the primary debates.  Nothing spectacular be he did fine.  Especially that one debate where he was enemy #1 and had to fight off the entire stage.  I would say that was even mildly impressive.  Likewise I thought Trump did an alright job in 2016.  Really good in the primaries and then ok against Hillary.

However I have zero doubt Trump's mental health and stability has declined more since that point in time than Biden's has since the primaries.  The guy just gave the single worst interview in modern history of any POTUS and it is not even close.  That was so bad, I felt bad.  

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I thought Biden did fine in the primary debates.  Nothing spectacular be he did fine.  Especially that one debate where he was enemy #1 and had to fight off the entire stage.  I would say that was even mildly impressive.  Likewise I thought Trump did an alright job in 2016.  Really good in the primaries and then ok against Hillary.

However I have zero doubt Trump's mental health and stability has declined more since that point in time than Biden's has since the primaries.  The guy just gave the single worst interview in modern history of any POTUS and it is not even close.  That was so bad, I felt bad.  

Agree 100%. As much as I wanted him to embarrass himself, he didn’t. He did fine during the huge early debates, did fine in the ones with 6-7 people, and did fine 1 on 1 with Sanders; I don’t think he will implode against Trump. Trump probably drags him in to the mud with Hunter Biden stuff, but in the midst of COVID I don’t think that is going to land well with anybody other then the MAGA crowd. 

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

Agree 100%. As much as I wanted him to embarrass himself, he didn’t. He did fine during the huge early debates, did fine in the ones with 6-7 people, and did fine 1 on 1 with Sanders; I don’t think he will implode against Trump. Trump probably drags him in to the mud with Hunter Biden stuff, but in the midst of COVID I don’t think that is going to land well with anybody other then the MAGA crowd. 

Trump needs to paint him as pro China, hit on the 1994 crime bill, and somehow get Biden to wallow in the mud with him to the point Biden goes on rambling attacks.  This may lower vote turnout which is the only way Trump wins.

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

.  That was so bad, I felt bad.  

This.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

If it isn't hard hitting, the same interviewer should do an interview with Joe Biden, and ask similar questions.

Why protect these guys.... they should be under the spotlight.

Oddly, some Democrats keep arguing that Joe Biden should not be doing real media interviews right now, and that he should be protected and sheltered... Why?

I'd also like to see the Libertarian candidate do more high profile interviews. 

If the same interviewer did an interview with biden(which I'm sure he will) you'll say he's being nice to him, giving him softballs. 

I would say Biden has had just as hard of interviews by now(not exactly hard) but hasn't made news here because Biden didn't shit himself. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, that interview was something else. Like watching a Buddhist monk set himself on fire.

9 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's not a game.  Biden's symptoms of advanced cognitive apear to be very real.  Particularly the blank stare that dementia patients frequently exhibit, especially when fatigued.   And let's face it, even in his best days, no one has ever accused Joe Biden of being smart.  He wasn't smart in college either.  He couldn't even plagiarize a report without getting caught.  He's even plagiarized speeches. 

Did Biden pay someone to take his SAT? 

By the way, tonight Jim Cuomo said your hero didn't even know how to pronounce Thailand, origin or Yosemite the other day. He pronounced them, Thay'll land, orange in and YO say-might.  I remember when he went to see the fire damage at Paradise, CA last year, he called it Pleasure.  Like Rex Tillerson said, he's a f*cking moron!  LOL

8 hours ago, aztech said:

Did Biden pay someone to take his SAT? 

By the way, tonight Jim Cuomo said your hero didn't even know how to pronounce Thailand, origin or Yosemite the other day. He pronounced them, Thay'll land, orange in and YO say-might.  I remember when he went to see the fire damage at Paradise, CA last year, he called it Pleasure.  Like Rex Tillerson said, he's a f*cking moron!  LOL

Mispronouncing words isn't a great litmus test for intelligence. However bringing simple graphs to an interview and not being able to understand them or what they are measuring is a pretty good indication that he's not very bright.

18 hours ago, alum93 said:

And if Trump's cognitive issues become apparent,  just like the HBO interview,  his followers won't blink an eye.  Biden is leading in the polls.  He should minimize debating Trump and focus on getting his message out, not because he is scared but because it makes sense.  Trump will lie at will and suffer no consequences.  We've seen that happen for 5 years now since he entered the race.  Why play his game?  

Because it will admit he’s afraid to debate and show his dementia. It’s why he’s hiding now. When he does come out he stumbles in almost everything he says. It’s a joke and sad he’s even running for president. The DNC should stop this nonsense and select someone else that have all their faculties.