Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Example of why I appreciate this place.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Don't know where you're shopping but that shouldn't be more than $40-45. The rest of the stuff for 6 should be no more than $10.

I kind of live on the outskirts of San Diego, so it is a little more expensive I give you that.

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

I was just wondering why you got so angry and insulting when I stated that it wasn't a working class lunch. Now we know why ;)

MEAT BREAD CHEESE AND PICKLES!!!  Who could possibly afford that on a "working class" salary.  Every good poor person eats gruel!

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

MEAT BREAD CHEESE AND PICKLES!!!  Who could possibly afford that on a "working class" salary.  Every good poor person eats gruel!

I only eat gruel when they serve it in the soup line.

I only eat gruel when they serve it in the soup line.

the guillotines come for you first

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Los_Aztecas said:

I kind of live on the outskirts of San Diego, so it is a little more expensive I give you that.

Costco is all over the SD area. great rib eye for $10.99/lb

Personally, I like the New Yorks, they're only $7.99/lb right now.

Just now, happycamper said:

the guillotines come for you first

I have a short neck, firing squads a better option I think.

I have a short neck, firing squads a better option I think.

typical bourgeoisie attitude, expecting more expensive accommodation for them alone

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

typical bourgeoisie attitude, expecting more expensive accommodation for them alone

Only the best for me sir. I want them to use silver bullets just in case I'm a werewolf.

What do you expect from somebody with the audacity to eat steak and then lecture us on the price of cheese and bread!

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

What do you expect from somebody with the audacity to eat steak and then lecture us on the price of cheese and bread!

Hopefully you lay off the salami, it's terrible for your colon!

Hopefully you lay off the salami, it's terrible for your colon!

who are you to intrude on consensual acts I perform in my bedroom?

who are you to intrude on consensual acts I perform in my bedroom?

Now who is behaving like a member of the privileged class!

Now who is behaving like a member of the privileged class!

Who is assuming that the working class is entirely prudish!?

Who is assuming that the working class is entirely prudish!?

Maybe I'm assuming that they're just more open to intrusion?

57 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Don't know where you're shopping but that shouldn't be more than $40-45. The rest of the stuff for 6 should be no more than $10.

Well, if I do the twice baked sweet potatoes I'll need some fontina cheese and some fresh herbs. If I do the brussel sprouts I'll need some good balsamic so I can make a reduction and some thick cut bacon. My perspective is that if you are going to eat well you may as well spend a little more and eat really well.

This is one of the best corners of the internet. No fooling. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, happycamper said:

brie

Pffff....

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

12 hours ago, renoskier said:

Costco is all over the SD area. great rib eye for $10.99/lb

Personally, I like the New Yorks, they're only $7.99/lb right now.

Can't wait to get back to California and buy some meat from Costco. My wife went to the supermarket here in Wisconsin, they wanted $45 for two New York steaks. I barbecued chicken and bratwurst instead.

110926run_defense710.jpg