Ibanez

Bad news BYU..... MWC sticking with 10

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

https://themw.com/news/2020/8/5/general-mountain-west-announces-revised-plan-for-2020-fall-sports.aspx

Official announcement.  You don’t have to play the OOC games, it is optional for each school.

So BSU could cancel the cross country trip to Marshall and SDSU may cancel on BYU for a home game or a Big 12 school.

Did you hear that on Stadium?

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I was told it was because of restrictions set by the ACC. That's all I know. 

Fair enough. Sneaking suspicion the ACC has an unspoken 'body bag' mandate.

Just now, RSF said:

Fair enough. Sneaking suspicion the ACC has an unspoken 'body bag' mandate.

Plus the AAC schools are right there. I'm sure UCF or Cincy would have good TV ratings as well. But FSU will probably keep the Samford game and then play some other lamb.

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:
My guess is that BYU will try to get 4 additional games, and settle on a 10-game schedule.
I'd like to see the Northern Illinois game postponed to a different year.

Here is who is currently on deck:

2020 BYU Football Schedule

Date   Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 5
  TBA    
Saturday
Sep. 19
  TBA    
Saturday
Sep. 26
  TBA    
Friday
Oct. 2
Utah State Football Schedule Utah State AggiesLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 10

Friday
Oct. 16
Houston Football Schedule Houston CougarsLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETESPN or ESPN2 Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 24
Northern Illinois Football Schedule at NIU HuskiesHuskie Stadium, DeKalb, IL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31
  OFF    
Friday
Nov. 6
Boise State Football Schedule at Boise State BroncosAlbertsons Stadium, Boise, ID Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 14
San Diego State Football Schedule San Diego State AztecsLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21
North Alabama Football Schedule North Alabama LionsLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28
  TBA    

BYU Football Schedule

Looks like BYU and CSU both have openings on 9/26. It’d be fun to watch them play again. I recently rewatched the 2008 game...

https://www.byutv.org/player/860a15c3-3aab-4a71-a948-d714bc63ded2/byu-football-byu-csu-11108?listid=59423a04-e7e3-4ea7-8753-720127650553&listindex=69

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

Looks like BYU and CSU both have openings on 9/26. It’d be fun to watch them play again. I recently rewatched the 2008 game...

https://www.byutv.org/player/860a15c3-3aab-4a71-a948-d714bc63ded2/byu-football-byu-csu-11108?listid=59423a04-e7e3-4ea7-8753-720127650553&listindex=69

Hope it happens.   And in Fort Collins.

This is my take. Which I already said. I hope you guys stick it to us. I think it would be hilarious to watch the insane celebrations around here. I’m a BYU fan and I’m fine with who ever the hell we play in this once in a lifetime pandemic. I would have no hard feelings towards the MWC either.

But sadly you and I both know there is zero chance BYU is getting shutout of playing MWC. BYU will probably play 10 games. We pick up Liberty a B12 team or 2 and one more MWC or AAC team. A decent schedule for Covid 19. 

Tom is just trying to keep current MWC games. Beside Hawaii or maybe UNLV the MWC is still option 3 for me for games. A one year membership would be fun. But since that isn’t happening ACC/B12 road game/AAC games is much more appealing than playing 8 MWC teams and not be in the MWC for a year. Again Option one would be to join MWC  for a year. I doubt Tom even pursued that. 

Even in Covid 19 the MWC couldn’t screw BYU over. Ha ha ha. I’m sure it is extremely heart breaking to many of you. 

BYU is taking applications for home games. Hurry up before you miss out. 500k for AAC teams 300k for a MWC team. Supply and demand is hurting the MWC this year. You have no where else to go. Ha Ha Ha. 

we will take the lowest bidding MWC team. 

12 hours ago, RSF said:

Bet its vanilla...

Nope, Spumoni.  At first it is alarming to hear they want something more than Vanilla, but if you think about it these guys love to mix it up a little, if you know what I mean.  Spumoni is a little strange but also all flavors we love.  I totally get it now.

6 hours ago, robe said:

BYU is taking applications for home games. Hurry up before you miss out. 500k for AAC teams 300k for a MWC team. Supply and demand is hurting the MWC this year. You have no where else to go. Ha Ha Ha. 

we will take the lowest bidding MWC team. 

Yeah, I doubt the MW schools are lining up for a game at BYU. 

If anything, having the conference season start so late actually puts BYU in a bind for games with any other MW team.  They don’t need to have an OOC game and can just play conference only in a compressed season schedule.

8 hours ago, robe said:

I think Tom and ESPN gets 3 road B12/ACC games...

The over/under is 1.

Edit: make that 0.5...

ACC Releases Schedule.  These are the OOC games.  The huge surprise is no Navy/ND (reportedly ND's call).  Thats good for Air Force.

UAB at Miami

VMI at Virginia

Ohio at Boston College

Western Kentucky at Louisville

Miami (Ohio) at Pitt

Non-conference (TBA) at Clemson (9/19)
Samford at Florida State
UCF at Georgia Tech

Non-Conference (TBA) at North Carolina (9/19)

Western Michigan at Notre Dame

Old Dominion at Wake Forest

Liberty at Syracuse

Charlotte at Duke

Liberty at Virginia Tech

Liberty at NC State

15 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

SDSU is keeping BYU on the schedule.  So it will be Sac State at home or away at Toledo.  Sac State already has a game vs Idaho State on the 26th, but Toledo's game on the 26th is canceled so they are free, but I don't think SDSU wants two away games for OOC.  Should be interesting to see what happens.

JD just said that both of those games are uncertain and that they may be looking for another nonconference game. I'd love a home and home vs BYU, but I'd love a game against an AAC team even more (we can dream, right?).

3 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

Yeah, I doubt the MW schools are lining up for a game at BYU. 

If anything, having the conference season start so late actually puts BYU in a bind for games with any other MW team.  They don’t need to have an OOC game and can just play conference only in a compressed season schedule.

Definitely hurts BYU scheduling (currently lots of pukas “holes”)

I get the reasoning behind going Conference only (now) for scheduling flexibility 

I expect at least one game cancelled or postponed per team 

Well F. Sign up Wyoming. I was hoping to only have 3 MWC games. Probably 6 or more MWC teams now. It’s better than no football. 

• Like 1

A MWC game without being in the conference has little excitement except for Hawaii, SDSU, USU and BSU.  Tom needs to bid out some home games. Take whatever MWC team does a one and done for 300k or less (sorry no more than 3) add road B12 games if possible then AAC, North Texas, Texas San Antonio and Liberty. MWC teams are desperate for money and games. 

BYU should just offer 2 or 3 million for a one year membership. Make an offer to both the AAC and MWC. If they decline join conference USA for a year. Play BSU and USU and Conf USA.

This is my order of preference. BYU needs to show a little bit of dough no more than 3 million.

1. AAC/BSU,SDSU,USU

2. MWC/Houston,liberty

3. conf USA/ BSU,SDSU,USU

4. 3 road B12 teams/AAC teams/ 3 MWC teams/liberty

5. Sunbelt/ 3 MWC teams

6 double round robin independent 

7. Skip the season 

8. Debate ending football

9. MWC heavy schedule not in conference 

14 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

https://themw.com/news/2020/8/5/general-mountain-west-announces-revised-plan-for-2020-fall-sports.aspx

Official announcement.  You don’t have to play the OOC games, it is optional for each school.

So BSU could cancel the cross country trip to Marshall and SDSU may cancel on BYU for a home game or a Big 12 school.

stadium-logo-640.jpeg