Ibanez

Bad news BYU..... MWC sticking with 10

Too bad teams that play @Hawaii can't get an 11th game. Boise playing BYU, Marshall, or GA Southern doesn't really interest me. I'd rather play anyone from the Big 12 or ACC and drop any of these games. 

Just a guess..Nevada keeps home games against Davis and UTEP.  South Florida seems like a long shot.  I do think NV would give up UTEP for a game in Provo if the pay payout dollars are close to 1.5 million..

• Like 1
My guess is that BYU will try to get 4 additional games, and settle on a 10-game schedule.
I'd like to see the Northern Illinois game postponed to a different year.

Here is who is currently on deck:

2020 BYU Football Schedule

Date   Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 5
  TBA    
Saturday
Sep. 19
  TBA    
Saturday
Sep. 26
  TBA    
Friday
Oct. 2
Utah State Football Schedule Utah State AggiesLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 10

Friday
Oct. 16
Houston Football Schedule Houston CougarsLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETESPN or ESPN2 Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 24
Northern Illinois Football Schedule at NIU HuskiesHuskie Stadium, DeKalb, IL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31
  OFF    
Friday
Nov. 6
Boise State Football Schedule at Boise State BroncosAlbertsons Stadium, Boise, ID Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 14
San Diego State Football Schedule San Diego State AztecsLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21
North Alabama Football Schedule North Alabama LionsLaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28
  TBA    

BYU Football Schedule

10 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Colorado State and UNLV are in talks with Big 12 schools. No other team in the conference needs games....yet. and if New Mexico loses a few which is the only other team likely, UTEP would slide in since Nevada may drop them.

LOL I guess they're f*****'d. SDSU may need to go hunt for another out of conference game! :D

Greg Wrubell (BYU's radio guy):

He's hearing that BYU won't have any trouble filling the schedule. 

He said the biggest challenge will be that everyone starts the season, plays 1 or 2 games, there is a virus break out, and teams decide to cancel the season.

BYU should be going all in on the State of Texas, and trying to get games with these schools:

SMU

North Texas

Texas Tech

Texas Christian @RSF

Rice

Texas State

UTSA

The good news is that BYU has a point of contact (BYU fan) that works for the Dallas Cowboys Organization, who can maybe help grease the Texas wheels, and get this all going.

@Jeffkills

TCU is signed to play Tennessee Tech.  Just hasnt been announced publically.  It was signed before the B12 made its final decision, and it has a big buyout, which is why it stays and SMU goes (SMU was willing to move the game).  A straight money decision.

So SMU IS looking for a home game....

15 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The good news is that BYU has a point of contact (BYU fan) that works for the Dallas Cowboys Organization, who can maybe help grease the Texas wheels, and get this all going.

Will you quit horsing around....

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU should also entertain calls from Wyoming.

Why the hell not?

@robe

I know you're just being irritating but Wyoming is set. Louisiana is probably better than BYU anyway.

• Cheers 1
9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU should also entertain calls from Wyoming.

Why the hell not?

@robe

Because they won’t call. 

Never play them, watch them rot, they deserve it more than ANY TEAM in the country.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Koji Vu said:

Good to hear. I guess BYU isn't out of the woods quite yet.

Hope we keep our game. I'm one of the few that likes playing BYU. How many other teams do we play that that SDSU fans feel so passionate about?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Never play them, watch them rot, they deserve it more than ANY TEAM in the country.

If Rocky Long was still the head coach at San Diego State, I'd agree with you.... Rocky Long has consistently given BYU trouble.

But since SDSU fired Rocky, I want the two schools to play.   BYU actually has a chance this year, with Rocky gone.

Schedule finished. Kicking off on the 26th as I reported Friday. I'm glad this is over with. Next up, sorting out the OOC schedule and I ain't heard shit.

SDSU is keeping BYU on the schedule.  So it will be Sac State at home or away at Toledo.  Sac State already has a game vs Idaho State on the 26th, but Toledo's game on the 26th is canceled so they are free, but I don't think SDSU wants two away games for OOC.  Should be interesting to see what happens.

I can tell you Boise State was looking at moving a game with UTEP up to this year and going to Marshall that year and paying a fee but it apparently didn't happen.  So apparently Marshall was dropped completely and Boise was playing GA Southern and BYU. But GA Southern cancelled because of the MWC late start. 

12 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Are schools required to play 10 or can they just play 8 ?

There isn't a limit. Some teams were discussing playing conference teams that count as OOC because of travel. I think you just have to play the conference games to be eligible for the championship game. But I can't imagine a 6-2 or 4-1 Nevada team getting left out of a bowl game because of Covid-19.

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

There isn't a limit. Some teams were discussing playing conference teams that count as OOC because of travel. I think you just have to play the conference games to be eligible for the championship game. But I can't imagine a 6-2 or 4-1 Nevada team getting left out of a bowl game because of Covid-19.

I am not convinced the various governors around the country are going to allow any football games, let alone bowls..