Ibanez

Bad news BYU..... MWC sticking with 10

19 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What's your take on Fort Worth?

@RSF and the other Texas Christian fans claim it's a lot nicer than Dallas.  They said the SMU campus is in a crappy area.

I'd also be curious to hear your take on North Texas State University.

Actually, SMU is in a damn good area.  Aint no poor people in the Park Cities (not actually Dallas).  Both schools have good locations.

And yes, FW is nicer than Dallas in general.  Which is not to say there aren't areas of concern in either town - Dallas just has more of them.  Rare is the big city that isnt a mixed bag.

Few have an opinion of North Texas.  its in Denton, and nobody thinks about it.  They have that erector set of a stadium - there are nicer HS stadiums in the area - but thats about it.

12 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What's your take on Fort Worth?

@RSF and the other Texas Christian fans claim it's a lot nicer than Dallas.  They said the SMU campus is in a crappy area.

I'd also be curious to hear your take on North Texas State University.

No way in hell is Fort Worth nicer than Dallas.  Fort Worth is a dump.    

SMU is a gorgeous campus in an upper class neighborhood.    

I don't know too much on UNT other than they built a nice, fairly new stadium that can be viewed from the highway.  The campus overall isn't much to look at but I hear it is a  party school with a large enrollment.

Just now, MWC Tex said:

I wonder if the AF accommodation will be moot if Army doesn’t have a schedule.  However, Army only cares about one game and that is Navy.  

Navy would be the bigger concern schedule wise.  They basically need 3 OOC slots, and AFA is 3rd.  Interesting to see how much the AAC accomodates them.

9 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

We'd need New Mexico, New Mexico State and UTEP in that marriage.

You had me... until you mentioned lil sis to the south... That's a hard NO for me, and alot of UNM fans.

• Like 1

One thing to consider is if the OOC games have to be the first games.

Because after that it allows flexibility to reschedule conference games if needed. Would be hard to do with a OOC games scattered about.  I think the other G5 conference are having the OOC games up front also.  The P5 conferences are.

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Navy would be the bigger concern schedule wise.  They basically need 3 OOC slots, and AFA is 3rd.  Interesting to see how much the AAC accomodates them.

The talk is AAC will go 9+2 and have almost all the games sorted to be vs p5. Navy is working on the Notre Dame game. Anyone who doesn't have a p5 game set up will look at Army first.

11 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Thanks for sharing and I don't disagree.

I think CSU, UNLV, Hawaii, and New Mexico are the most likely to schedule BYU.  We'll see!

I think Hawaii is an obvious choice but they technically have two OOC games already with NMSU and Robert Morris. New Mexico still has three teams on the schedule but chances are UMass is dropping out this season. I heard that last week if you remember. But they are not dropping New Mexico State and Idaho State is probably a better game for them. They are trying to build. Getting ass plucked by BYU won't do the players any favors.

The only other options are UNLV and Colorado State. They will take a Big 12 game before BYU most likely of giving the option.

So I think you lock up one of those. However, if NMSU drops the season then BYU could get as many as seven games against MWC teams. But NMSU and Mario have both said they will play the games on their schedule. 

I don't understand why BYU is +++++ing around with the Big 12. They should of had every AAC team on the line.

Just now, JoeBlo said:

The talk is AAC will go 9+2 and have almost all the games sorted to be vs p5. Navy is working on the Notre Dame game. Anyone who doesn't have a p5 game set up will look at Army first.

Agreed. C-USA and Sunbelt will also go to a more conservative scheduling model. And Army will get a phone call from everyone. But unlike Navy and Air Force, Army likes to have a bunch of cupcakes on their schedule. They won't play many P5 teams.

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I think Hawaii is an obvious choice but they technically have two OOC games already with NMSU and Robert Morris. New Mexico still has three teams on the schedule but chances are UMass is dropping out this season. I heard that last week if you remember. But they are not dropping New Mexico State and Idaho State is probably a better game for them. They are trying to build. Getting ass plucked by BYU won't do the players any favors.

The only other options are UNLV and Colorado State. They will take a Big 12 game before BYU most likely of giving the option.

So I think you lock up one of those. However, if NMSU drops the season then BYU could get as many as seven games against MWC teams. But NMSU and Mario have both said they will play the games on their schedule. 

I don't understand why BYU is +++++ing around with the Big 12. They should of had every AAC team on the line.

Last option isn't really available, apparently no interest for BYU to join the big XII and no interest from the AAC to take/save BYU for one year. They could join or try and make their own arrangements with AAC schools individually. I doubt any of them will be signing anything with BYU. Game of hardball there. The couple AAC games they do have are in danger. ESPN is working with the ACC and AAC since they control rights to both and there are games already scheduled and in state schools for each other.

13 minutes ago, RSF said:

Actually, SMU is in a damn good area.  Aint no poor people in the Park Cities (not actually Dallas).  Both schools have good locations.

And yes, FW is nicer than Dallas in general.  Which is not to say there aren't areas of concern in either town - Dallas just has more of them.  Rare is the big city that isnt a mixed bag.

Few have an opinion of North Texas.  its in Denton, and nobody thinks about it.  They have that erector set of a stadium - there are nicer HS stadiums in the area - but thats about it.

How can you mention Denton and not mention the women there? What's wrong with you? Also, Mallrats and My Name Is Earl actor Jason Lee lives in Denton.

Just now, JoeBlo said:

Last option isn't really available, apparently no interest for BYU to join the big Xii and no interest from the AAC to take save BYU for one year. They could join or try and make their own arrangements with AAC. I doubt any of them will be signing anything with BYU. Game of hardball there. The couple AAC games they do have are in danger. ESPN is working with the ACC and AAC since they control rights to both and their are games already scheduled and in state schools for each other.

Sorry, I didn't mean to join as a conference, just to get games to fill out a schedule. I should of been more specific.

• Like 1
Just now, Ibanez said:

How can you mention Denton and not mention the women there? What's wrong with you? Also, Mallrats and My Name Is Earl actor Jason Lee lives in Denton.

Because the women at TCU and SMU are 10x hotter.

Except my wife...who went to TWU in Denton....

Just now, RSF said:

Because the women at TCU and SMU are 10x hotter.

Except my wife...who went to TWU in Denton....

Fair enough. I've only passed through Dallas and I'm not sure I've even been to Fort Worth. I've always heard Fort Worth is a dump. Dallas is a little too big for me as well. Americans are always in a hurry it seems like and for someone like me, Dallas is stressful.

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Fair enough. I've only passed through Dallas and I'm not sure I've even been to Fort Worth. I've always heard Fort Worth is a dump. Dallas is a little too big for me as well. Americans are always in a hurry it seems like and for someone like me, Dallas is stressful.

The one or two bad parts of FW are right on major freeways (north and southeast).  And a lot of the industry in FW is along the freeways, too.  But downtown is a destination (thanks in no small part to the billionaire Bass family), and the areas around TCU and points south and west are great.  Dallas' are much more....expansive.  Like I said, every big city has its issues.

6 minutes ago, Football God said:

A thread about the MWC announcing their schedule format stars BYU in the title and replies, but no one's obsessed? 

Here you go bringing up BYU again. You really got a stiffy for the cult down in Provo.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Thanks for sharing and I don't disagree.

I think CSU, UNLV, Hawaii, and New Mexico are the most likely to schedule BYU.  We'll see!

It’s going to be a cold day in Hell before the Lobos play BYU. Go do a home and home x2 with NMSU and call it a day.

• Haha 1