Ibanez

Bad news BYU..... MWC sticking with 10

29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Thompson's bluff was called and he wisely backed down.

SDSU, BOISE, and USU all breath sighs of relief.  The BYU games will be maintained.

I now expect CSU and BYU to work out a deal.  It makes too much sense.

@robe.  Any possible games in Kansas?

• Facepalm 1
11 minutes ago, WasatchAggie said:

That will help save BYU's season, assuming we have one.

That's called a "BYU Bounce".  It was inevitable.

Just sit back.  Enjoy the show.

@hickaggie You attending the BYU vs USU game this year?

11 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

SDSU, BOISE, and USU all breath sighs of relief.  The BYU games will be maintained.

KU and KSU both have their OOC game currently on the schedule.  In the B12 only Tech doesnt have something at least unofficially lined up.  Enjoy Lubbock...

22 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What bluff? Nothing changed. And Thompson was a mouthpiece in all of this. Actually no one has spoken from the MWC yet. We knew the three options. Sure, they went from conference only to two non-con games but they are still sticking with ten games. So, as Brett says, they had to consider Air Force. ( Amazingly I never thought of this and has not been brought up on conversation. This was a no-brainer.) And if they are only going with two OOC games, they are obviously still concerned about other conferences protocol methods.

And the teams that still have two non-con games scheduled will keep those agreements.

Instead of thinking everything this conference does is about BYU maybe you should give them respect for not jumping the gun to early and taking the time to explore every option. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
10 minutes ago, RSF said:

KU and KSU both have their OOC game currently on the schedule.  In the B12 only Tech doesnt have something at least unofficially lined up.  Enjoy Lubbock...

Dream scenario:

BYU playing Texas Christian, SMU, and North Texas...in the same season.  We'd get the tour of Dallas / Fort Worth.

One of the games could be played at Honda Stadium.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Dream scenario:

BYU playing Texas Christian, SMU, and North Texas...in the same season.  We'd get the tour of Dallas / Fort Worth.

One of the games could be played at Honda Stadium.

You want to play football in the Anaheim Ducks arena?

Just now, Ibanez said:

What bluff? Nothing changed. We knew the three options. Sure, they went from conference only to two non-con games but they are still sticking with ten games. So, as Brett says, they had to consider Air Force. ( Amazingly I never thought of this and has not been brought up on conversation. This was a no-brainer.) And if they are only going with two OOC games, they are obviously still concerned about other conferences protocol methods.

And the teams that still have two non-con games scheduled will keep those agreements.

Instead of thinking everything this conference does is about BYU maybe you should give them respect for not jumping the gun to early and taking the time to explore every option. 

OK, the Air Force accommodation makes sense. 

But I think there was an equal accommodation for Boise and USU keeping BYU.  Aren't both games on the road for BYU?  No way Boise turns that down.  Not with the pending lawsuit against the MWC.  And...donations to Bronco Athletics from Meridian would evaporate overnight.... @BroncoOrange

I also have to wonder if Boise secretly had BYU listening in on the Zoom meeting and if the two strategized together.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

You want to play football in the Anaheim Ducks arena?

My bad!!! 

I mixed up the Accord with the Camry!!

I meant Toyota Stadium!

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

My bad!!! 

I mixed up the Accord with the Camry!!

I meant Toyota Stadium!

They play about 2 or 3 games each weekend there already.  Plus the soccer team.

Just now, RSF said:

They play about 2 or 3 games each weekend there already.  Plus the soccer team.

It looks like a beautiful venue.

19 minutes ago, RSF said:

Fort Worth:  The jewel of West Texas LOL

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

OK, the Air Force accommodation makes sense. 

But I think there was an equal accommodation for Boise and USU keeping BYU.  Aren't both games on the road for BYU?  No way Boise turns that down.  Not with the pending lawsuit against the MWC.  And...donations to Bronco Athletics from Meridian would evaporate overnight.... @BroncoOrange

I also have to wonder if Boise secretly had BYU listening in on the Zoom meeting and if the two strategized together.

I can't tell if you're being serious. I'm done. You're giving me a headache.

But remember, every teams has a full schedule they can still play in the MWC except two or three teams. They aren't gonna cancel games when the opponents are available. How many of those teams will choose BYU over an AAC team, Army, or another team from another conference? Yeah, I'm sure you might get an extra game or two in the MWC but I'm also sure you will be last up by one or two as well. Or maybe, all of them will tell you to piss off. We don't know. The meeting is in progress and it's probably gonna take a few days before those schedules are filled.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I can't tell if you're being serious. I'm done. You're giving me a headache.

But remember, every teams has a full schedule they can still play in the MWC except two or three teams. They aren't gonna cancel games when the opponents are available. How many of those teams will choose BYU over an AAC team, Army, or another team from another conference? Yeah, I'm sure you might get an extra game or two in the MWC but I'm also sure you will be last up by one or two as well. Or maybe, all of them will tell you to piss off. We don't know. The meeting is in progress and it's probably gonna take a few days before those schedules are filled.

Thanks for sharing and I don't disagree.

I think CSU, UNLV, Hawaii, and New Mexico are the most likely to schedule BYU.  We'll see!

• Facepalm 1
3 minutes ago, RamDFW said:

I live in Plano I am very familiar with BEAUTIFUL :lol: Fort Worth.  

Just apparently not where the hell it is.  

Plano - the black tar heroin capital of Texas.

5 minutes ago, RamDFW said:

I live in Plano I am very familiar with BEAUTIFUL :lol: Fort Worth.  

What's your take on Fort Worth?

@RSF and the other Texas Christian fans claim it's a lot nicer than Dallas.  They said the SMU campus is in a crappy area.

I'd also be curious to hear your take on North Texas State University.