Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Not a good look, CSU

13 minutes ago, RambleOn said:

Honestly, finding truth in "news" is hard to do... Everyone has a spin to sell on every story and "truth" typically lies in between.. I'm sure you'll say that's a cop out, but if you tell me that's there's any one source that can be trusted, I'll tell you that your FOS.. they all lie to varying degrees..

That being said, in this case, there were many verifiable players and players parents that refuted these claims. That's about as legitimate as it gets in terms of sources..

So just because 10 people told a journalist their version of the situation that doesn’t mean the journalist is lying. It just means that you don’t like him telling that story. For the record I don’t like how certain journalists write. Some just aren’t very good.

I tell you what, I’m freaked out by people who bought this fake news/ fake science bull chit hook line and sinker. But I appreciate you sharing that info about how you gather your news.

And I also don’t think you use your name on Twitter. 

7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

So, if I’m understanding this thread correctly, the business plan of The Coloradan, with their devastating chokehold on the newspaper business in northern Colorado, is as follows:

1. Make up stories about the local public university 

2. ????

3. profit

This makes a lot of sense. Everyone knows the best way to sell newspapers - especially local ones without the digital resources to compete with national media outlets - is to just make shit up. Definitely don’t save it for that screenplay you’re working on, intrepid local journalist, slip it into a news story! That’s the only way to make the world aware of your genius. I fully expect this to be the cover story for the Coloradan this weekend: 

3B8B48B5-178F-490B-9B9C-2B9F36F7A4AA.jpeg

If you understood the generally liberal POVs that dominate both Boulder and Ft. Collins it would make more sense. People in both of those communities generally hate college athletics and anything that gives them a black eye is welcomed.  They especially hate CSU football b because the school invested in the new stadium.  The faculty would love nothing more than to see CSU football fold up and go away 

5 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

So just because 10 people told a journalist their version of the situation that doesn’t mean the journalist is lying. It just means that you don’t like him telling that story. For the record I don’t like how certain journalists write. Some just aren’t very good.

I tell you what, I’m freaked out by people who bought this fake news/ fake science bull chit hook line and sinker. But I appreciate you sharing that info about how you gather your news.

And I also don’t think you use your name on Twitter. 

No, it's not that he's telling a story I don't like, its that it's pure speculation with unnamed sources when do many verified players and parents and said exactly opposite on Twitter. Where was the homework to try to understand both sides when opposing POVs were readily available. If csu did something wrong, I can live with that, but there are clearly differing opinions that weren't recognized.. it's lazy/misleading "reporting" and now national beats have picked it up because it fits the popular Narrative of shutting down football.

7 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

This has nothing to do with the mainstream media. If you haven’t noticed, EVERYONE has a platform from which to spread “news.” The problem in America is that it’s citizens are too lazy to recognize or care who is writing the information they consume, OR they just keep reading until they find a version that supports their own narrative. 

Cutting edge analysis right there. 🤮 First of all, you don’t seem to realize that ‘media coverage’ isn’t a commodity. There’s the New York Times, and then there’s a CSU coaches little podcast. A podcast can’t even begin to compete with a New York Times. And spare us the lecture that some people aren’t careful with their news sources and looking for news they like. Try looking in the mirrors for once. 🙄🙄😳😳🙄

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, RambleOn said:

Honestly, finding truth in "news" is hard to do... Everyone has a spin to sell on every story and "truth" typically lies in between.. I'm sure you'll say that's a cop out, but if you tell me that's there's any one source that can be trusted, I'll tell you that your FOS.. they all lie to varying degrees..

That being said, in this case, there were many verifiable players and players parents that refuted these claims. That's about as legitimate as it gets in terms of sources..

As far as cable news, I watch MSLSD, CNN and Fox News. After doing this for a long time, it’s not hard to see why Fox cleans up in ratings. They may have a lot of opinion shows that are run by people that lean to the right, but they do a good job of bringing in credible people on the left to get their viewpoint included. You have a GOP host that moderates, then a GOP guest to make their case, and then a Dem guest to make their viewpoint heard.

I get the full range of views of an issue on Fox, but the other 2 networks rarely bring on GOP. If they do, it’s a Never-Trumper, and usually the dumb NT’s. If the GOP viewpoint is ever mentioned, it’s by a lefty host that doesn’t have it correct on purpose. You get so much less info. from CNN and MSDNC. If the DNC had their own cable channel, both would be perfect. 

kat.jpg

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

Shut it down already.  Theses guys are so clueless they make other athletic departments look really good.  Every bit of news from this place keeps damaging our reputation.  Horrible leadership.   This is what you get with a bunch of pot smoking hippis.  

9 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

So, if I’m understanding this thread correctly, the business plan of The Coloradan, with their devastating chokehold on the newspaper business in northern Colorado, is as follows:

1. Make up stories about the local public university 

2. ????

3. profit

This makes a lot of sense. Everyone knows the best way to sell newspapers - especially local ones without the digital resources to compete with national media outlets - is to just make shit up. Definitely don’t save it for that screenplay you’re working on, intrepid local journalist, slip it into a news story! That’s the only way to make the world aware of your genius. I fully expect this to be the cover story for the Coloradan this weekend: 

3B8B48B5-178F-490B-9B9C-2B9F36F7A4AA.jpeg

Underpants Gnomes" Political Economy

23 hours ago, RambleOn said:

Wait... On the one hand, you’re wanting the names of the players that are making these accusations, or else it’s just crap... then on the other, you're saying “there were many “verifiable players and parents” that refuted the claims... verifiable by whom?

if that is the case, why don't we know the  verifiable names of the players/parents who are saying this is crap? If i knew the truth, i wouldn't care if my name was used, I’d have guys like you calling me a hero. Is the Coloradan withholding that information to smear CSU? 
you’d think those truth telling players would be rewarded for speaking the truth in defense of the coaches and CSU!

Sounds like the Coloradoan Treats CSU, like the Albuquerque Journal treats UNM, they hate my Lobos!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

In the past 6 months of my active lifestyle the one thing is accusations equal truth. When you combine Covid-19 and students/youth then truth and science goes out the window.  Like Pandora’s box once it’s open the damage is done. Good luck CSU. At least you’ll have a year to find a new coach and how to pay for yet another buyout or multiple lawsuits.

19 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Wait... On the one hand, you’re wanting the names of the players that are making these accusations, or else it’s just crap... then on the other, you're saying “there were many “verifiable players and parents” that refuted the claims... verifiable by whom?

if that is the case, why don't we know the  verifiable names of the players/parents who are saying this is crap? If i knew the truth, i wouldn't care if my name was used, I’d have guys like you calling me a hero. Is the Coloradan withholding that information to smear CSU? 
you’d think those truth telling players would be rewarded for speaking the truth in defense of the coaches and CSU!

Sounds like the Coloradoan Treats CSU, like the Albuquerque Journal treats UNM, they hate my Lobos!

By "verifiable" he means that they gave their names.  A number of players and parents have gone public refuting these allegations, as opposed to the rumor printed by the Coloradoan.  The Coloradoan gave no verifiable sources, therefore it is at best a rumor.  Who knows how this will turn out, but for now I'll go with the players who offered their names when calling it BS as opposed to those who made allegations (some already proven false) anonymously, or at least according to the Coloradoan.

And yes, the Coloradoan has a long standing agenda against CSU athletics.  I'm shocked that the AD even agreed to the half hour interview with the reporter, in which the issue was barely brought up.  The AD was asked once if they were covering up Covid tests, he said no, then a hit job newspaper article appeared.  Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

By "verifiable" he means that they gave their names.  A number of players and parents have gone public refuting these allegations, as opposed to the rumor printed by the Coloradoan.  The Coloradoan gave no verifiable sources, therefore it is at best a rumor.  Who knows how this will turn out, but for now I'll go with the players who offered their names when calling it BS as opposed to those who made allegations (some already proven false) anonymously, or at least according to the Coloradoan.

And yes, the Coloradoan has a long standing agenda against CSU athletics.  I'm shocked that the AD even agreed to the half hour interview with the reporter, in which the issue was barely brought up.  The AD was asked once if they were covering up Covid tests, he said no, then a hit job newspaper article appeared.  Go figure.

Since I don't live in or follow the Coloradan...is the newspaper favorable to CU?

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

Since I don't live in or follow the Coloradan...is the newspaper favorable to CU?

No.  It's favorable to restaurant reviews, sustainable lifestyles, and social justice.  They're not just adversarial to CSU sports, they are adversarial to collegiate sports in general.  It started with, and stems from, their very active opposition to CSU building the new stadium.

23 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Verified on twitter... with player and parent accounts.  Non some anonymous bullshit.

https://footballscoop.com/news/breaking-update-colorado-state/

I have consulted with President McConnell about these new allegations, which obviously deeply concern her as well.  Effective immediately, and for the best interests of our student-athletes, I am pausing all football-related activities indefinitely.  This includes practices, workouts, and team meetings.  I have also asked President McConnell to expand the independent investigation she announced on Tuesday to include a comprehensive review of our athletic department and football program specifically related to allegations of racism and verbal abuse. While we have been working hard towards playing football this fall, the holistic well-being of our student-athletes is our unequivocal top priority.  We must and will address these allegations before we focus on playing football.”

All is not well at CSU.

People, not a fan.