Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

TicTok extortion.

9 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Besides this being true in reverse, you're not relaxed about it or anything else concerning Trump. You're triggered.....perpetually. 

Nah I pretty much condemned Obama’s organization for the FBI think and continuing with the Patriot Act.   The difference is Obama didn’t actually say shit like that.....

it’s only you hard right people that excuse virtually anything Trump does or says.  

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

Nah I pretty much condemned Obama’s organization for the FBI think and continuing with the Patriot Act.   The difference is Obama didn’t actually say shit like that.....

it’s only you hard right people that excuse virtually anything Trump does or says.  

Well he should not have suggested the treasury get a cut.

But he is 100% right about this app.

This is not a free market or big daddy government thing.  This is the CCP spying on American Citizens.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is not a free market or big daddy government thing.  This is the CCP spying on American Citizens.

I wonder how our government is spying on us?! 

36 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It goes beyond that. It’s malware that doesn’t just take the info you put into it, it accesses the hardware of your device and can hijack all the data. And like halfman said, they give it to the commies.

Biden has banned it for his campaign.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/28/politics/biden-campaign-tiktok/index.html

India banned it last month.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/world/asia/tik-tok-banned-india-china.amp.html

Japan will probably be next.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24U0UA

Correct, I have no problem banning it or forcing a sale on privacy concerns.  But by the way I doubt this is the only risk.  Chinese based companies are heavy into the SSD market.   

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I agree and pretty much said so in my original post.  BTW,  you are wrong about using US apps if you have access to a VPN which almost every well to do Chinese citizen does.   That allows you to use What’s App and other banned apps.   

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I wonder how our government is spying on us?! 

So because our Government spies on us they should allow every hostile nation to spy on us, too?  So as not to be hypocrites?  Not sure where you are going with this.

Also, Snowden and Assange should have 40 foot tall Gilded statues in D.C.

28 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

True. I used credit cards in China (America Express company card) and never had any issues. But the three times I’ve been to Las Vegas in the last 10 years I’ve had to replace my Visa. 😂 

yeah, Vegas is the worst for that.  Using Amex etc. - isn't bad because they are basically your financial agent and they assume the risks.  Credit card is one thing, but bank info etc. is much more worrisome.  

For those that use debit cards - don't use debit cards.  

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

First of all, I'm not hard right. I just don't lose my mind with every stupid thing Trump says (and there are plenty). Second, I'm not excusing it, I very plainly said that it isn't 1) won't happen and 2) was a stupid thing to say.   

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I agree and pretty much said so in my original post.  BTW,  you are wrong about using US apps if you have access to a VPN which almost every well to do Chinese citizen does.   That allows you to use What’s App and other banned apps.   

I was explaining why he could not use that app, not saying it was not possible.  I was 100% correct.

Also, the CCP has banned most VPN's unless they have a license from the CCP.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I was explaining why he could not use that app, not saying it was not possible.  I was 100% correct.

Also, the CCP has banned most VPN's unless they have a license from the CCP.

Everyone still has them as of October.  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Everyone still has what?  VPN's?  Or are you saying China has not banned VPN's that operate without a license?

I’m saying VPN use is highly common.   The Chinese people are pretty ingenious finding ways to work around their government.