Jump to content
Mano

Axios interview with Trump

Recommended Posts

So remember when it was " oh we don't have enough ventilators"  - Trump got ventilators

Oh we don't have enough hospital beds - Trump got hospital beds

Oh we don't have enough testing - Trump got more companies involved in making more tests, and now we have huge testing

As far as the total deaths, the US is exaggerating deaths by Covid.  But the number is still way high.  The deaths cannot be controlled as much as the number of new cases I don't think. Still doesn't really make sense that the death rate would be so high.  
But Trump shouldn't bother talking about number of tests anyway,  sounds dumb to say it like that.  
Most of the things you guys have said on here about what Trump needed to do he did or had a influence on getting them done.  

And the whole Russia bounty thing is bunk and most of you know that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Biden and Jo Jorgensen should do an interview with this same guy for an hour.

I want to see how they all do.   We need to vet these geriatric clowns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

Good God. What a narcissist. 

So you would much rather have Trump give a false answer there and praise John Lewis?  Trump said that Lewis didn't want to go to the inauguration or his State of Union's and basically Lewis didn't want to have anything to do with Trump from the beginning.  
John Lewis could have likely gone into Trump's office and helped his constituents much more than turning his back and pouting.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pokerider said:

So you would much rather have Trump give a false answer there and praise John Lewis?  Trump said that Lewis didn't want to go to the inauguration or his State of Union's and basically Lewis didn't want to have anything to do with Trump from the beginning.  
John Lewis could have likely gone into Trump's office and helped his constituents much more than turning his back and pouting.  

Or you know, recognize that even if they didn’t agree or like each other, John Lewis led an incredible life. The civil rights kid that got his skull cracked while being militantly non-violent didn’t come to my party line doesn’t cut it.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Or you know, recognize that even if they didn’t agree or like each other, John Lewis led an incredible life. The civil rights kid that got his skull cracked while being militantly non-violent didn’t come to my party line doesn’t cut it.

Get out of here with your TDS, bruh. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aztecmg said:

This is CLEARLY Trump just playing 6D chess with the lamestream media, guys. You guys don't seriously believe he could be THAT dumb, right?:rolleyes:

I get that you're joking... but I don't know if there's a better example of Trump's lack of intellectual abilities than the part of the interview where he fumbles around with, and is unable to even explain, what are very, very simple charts. It's honestly shocking. If this was a debate in a class of mine, I would feel a responsibility to kindly intervene on behalf of Trump and help him out to basically prevent a total humiliation in front of his peers. His supporters won't accept this, but it was just objectively brutal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Or you know, recognize that even if they didn’t agree or like each other, John Lewis led an incredible life. The civil rights kid that got his skull cracked while being militantly non-violent didn’t come to my party line doesn’t cut it.

I think he did several great things.  But I also think he was in office way to long, and he stopped working for his constituents and became a standard Wash. DC Politician.   Again though , Trump gave an honest answer.  He didnt' say anything negative but that he didn't know him. 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pokerider said:

So remember when it was " oh we don't have enough ventilators"  - Trump got ventilators

Oh we don't have enough hospital beds - Trump got hospital beds

Oh we don't have enough testing - Trump got more companies involved in making more tests, and now we have huge testing

As far as the total deaths, the US is exaggerating deaths by Covid.  But the number is still way high.  The deaths cannot be controlled as much as the number of new cases I don't think. Still doesn't really make sense that the death rate would be so high.  
But Trump shouldn't bother talking about number of tests anyway,  sounds dumb to say it like that.  
Most of the things you guys have said on here about what Trump needed to do he did or had a influence on getting them done.  

And the whole Russia bounty thing is bunk and most of you know that. 

Thanks for your insight, Rudy.  Any evidence that "Trump got ventilators", "Trump got hospital beds", or "Trump got more companies involved in making more tests"?  I thought it was the responsibility of the states to make this happen....

image.jpeg.e4be911be48a8584710dc3843672bfd9.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Akkula said:

I can totally see why the Republicans want this guy to debate Biden.  The stable genius totally shines and would run circles around Biden with his mental sharpness!

I don't think I want to see that debate. One guy would make yo stupid shit while bragging about his ratings while the other is confused because he had to leave his basement.

This is the best our two major political parties can do ?

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

I haven’t watched it yet—just not fortified with enough sleep last night or enough coffee this morning to submit myself to his kind of crazy stupidity. I have, however, read a couple of articles about the interview and came across perhaps the single best sentence I’ve seen a journalist pen in the past year. From an article on the website Mashable, of all places:

News site Axios' weekly HBO show aired an interview with the president on Monday night that made the Chris Wallace shitshow look like a successfully muffled fart.

@NVGiant How would you have handled this editorially?

 

+++++. Man, I don’t know how you cover Trump as president. My belief is that anything the president says is news. But this guy tests that rule with every word. 

Nothing he says is grounded in reality. If he was just a guy on the street, and a reporter asked him a question, that reporter would kindly say thank you when the rant was over and then burn his notes.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pokerider said:

As far as the total deaths, the US is exaggerating deaths by Covid.  But the number is still way high.  The deaths cannot be controlled as much as the number of new cases I don't think. Still doesn't really make sense that the death rate would be so high.  
But Trump shouldn't bother talking about number of tests anyway,  sounds dumb to say it like that.  
 

 

Individuals may be exaggerating--deaths by Covid and counting is inaccurate--it's not like anyone is auditing these numbers.  But subtract the number of COVID Deaths from the population and the number of expected deaths based on population and the number if still higher by the thousands.  Occam's Razor (to me anyway), says we are likely undercounting as a nation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pokerider said:

So you would much rather have Trump give a false answer there and praise John Lewis?  Trump said that Lewis didn't want to go to the inauguration or his State of Union's and basically Lewis didn't want to have anything to do with Trump from the beginning.  
John Lewis could have likely gone into Trump's office and helped his constituents much more than turning his back and pouting.  

i have no idea what to say to you.  there's too much to unpack.  but here's my best shot:

john lewis was worthy of praise.  for the love of God, trump should have just given it instead of being a petulant child.  "he did great things and i regret that we couldn't work together."  couldn't even say that.

trump made john lewis' life and death about trump -- the very definition of narcissism.  john lewis had been involved in politics since the 60s -- helping his constituents, i might add -- for 60 fricking years.  trump entered the political arena barely 6 years ago.  there is more to the us govt, policy, politics, and the republican party than donald trump.  not wanting to walk into trump's office to get things done does not cut you off from doing anything at all -- as though the road MUST go through trump to be effective at all.  but you make it sound like trump is justified in saying what he said because it was john lewis' fault for not wanting to work with trump and therefore he must have been guilty of impeding his own constituents' well being and interest as a result.  as though john lewis was the petulant whiner.  as though john lewis was the one who was at fault for refusing to work.

how do you not see it?  how do you not see the ego on trump?  i am mystified.  he is not like other politicians.  he is not like other rich and powerful men.  he is singularly, hands down, the worst president we have ever had.  all he does is sow discord, rancor, disagreement, distrust, and malcontent.  criticizing him is not criticizing the american govt, the republican party, conservativism, small government, and business friendly policies.  all of which have their rightful and reasonable place in american politics, i might add.  criticizing him is criticizing the damage he does to basic trust in civic institutions, to trust in journalism, to a neighborly sense of well wishing, and to critical thinking.

the man is a shocking embarrassment and disgrace.  the sooner we get someone at least MARGINALLY interested in governing in the white house, the better.

  • Cheers 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I get that you're joking... but I don't know if there's a better example of Trump's lack of intellectual abilities than the part of the interview where he fumbles around with, and is unable to even explain, what are very, very simple charts. It's honestly shocking. If this was a debate in a class of mine, I would feel a responsibility to kindly intervene on behalf of Trump and help him out to basically prevent a total humiliation in front of his peers. His supporters won't accept this, but it was just objectively brutal.

but how are you shocked though?

When someone shows who they are, believe them the first 9 bajillion times.

- Toonkee Angelou

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

If you can watch this and not think holy shit what an idiot, you’re an idiot.

butt sleepie Bydun no talk gud.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...