Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Texas Christian Racism Charge - "N Word?"

Guest #1Stunner

This seems odd.

Coach Patterson does not seem like a racist.   I'm not sure I believe this player.

@RSF  What is the truth on this.  Is Gary Patterson really at risk of getting fired?

Bunch of players (including LT's nephew, and all of them AA) have already tweeted saying it didnt go down that way.  That GP was calling out player in front of the team for using said word in meetings.

BTW...Niko Small is a former player who frequently got cross ways with patterson.  He wasnt there at all.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Said tweet has also been deleted...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

This was posted on another board:

Executive Summary:

Gary used the slur in telling a player to stop using the slur.

16 minutes ago, RSF said:

Bunch of players (including LT's nephew, and all of them AA) have already tweeted saying it didnt go down that way.  That GP was calling out player in front of the team for using said word in meetings.

BTW...Niko Small is a former player who frequently got cross ways with patterson.  He wasnt there at all.

stuff like that will cripple the Black Lives Matter movement. If that's what happened I hope Small gets some punishment someway, somehow.

From the sounds of it, the team is dealing with it better than the Internet is.   And even the target wasnt intending to make the accusation in quite the same way it was taken.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

8️⃣

8️⃣
ThaGreat

Yes but we discussed as a team it was unacceptable period we all told him what is what on the whole situation which why we took action to not practice & think of way to move forward

Guest #1Stunner
24 minutes ago, RSF said:

Thanks for clarifying. 

That's messed up if this disgruntled player (and a former player) are trying to get Patterson fired, by playing a FALSE racism card.

Patterson is old school, but has generally been a class act. 

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Thanks for clarifying. 

That's messed up if this disgruntled player (and a former player) are trying to get Patterson fired, by playing a FALSE racism card.

Patterson is old school, but has generally been a class act. 

we should all pony up a few bucks and send these to GP and show our support

rBVaWF3WbfaAEKKhAADcKBiXVOE79.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Football God said:

Random White Former TCU Players: I stand with Coach Patterson! I played for him 4 years and have never experienced racism from him or the staff. This is character assassination!

As opposed to the multiple not-so-random Black current Football players were in the room.  Multiple former black players as well...including Josh Carraway, who called out Niko Small for starting all this when it appears the most of the current players were cool handling this internally.

GP is absolutely a public curmudgeon, and God knows he's not perfect.  But he's the one getting the support, so he must have some locker room cred built up.  He'll own this (probably), and they'll all move on.

WR Derius Davis

DB Tre Tomlinson (LT's nephew)

TE Artayvious Lynn

OL Andrew Coker

6 minutes ago, RSF said:

As opposed to the multiple not-so-random Black current Football players were in the room.  Multiple former black players as well...including Josh Carraway, who called out Niko Small for starting all this when it appears the most of the current players were cool handling this internally.

GP is absolutely a public curmudgeon, and God knows he's not perfect.  But he's the one getting the support, so he must have some locker room cred built up.  He'll own this (probably), and they'll all move on.

WR Derius Davis

DB Tre Tomlinson (LT's nephew)

TE Artayvious Lynn

OL Andrew Coker

You went all out putting on a Superman Cape when I never said whether I believed dude or not. 

1 minute ago, Football God said:

You went all out putting on a Superman Cape when I never said whether I believed dude or not. 

You should use the sarcasm font next time then....

2 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Isn't this the same thing that got the guy from Papa John's fired?

Negative.  If the FW NAACP gets involved, well....

On the May call, Schnatter reportedly said the N-word while complaining that a legendary fast-food chain founder had used the word in the past without being subjected to public backlash. He also reflected on his childhood in Indiana, saying people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died, according to Forbes.

The Forbes report prompted protest from the Louisville NAACP, which said Schnatter should either step down or be removed from the University of Louisville's board of trustees by the city's NAACP. 

It’s all about context and Patterson wasn’t out of line in how he used the term. He told the player the term wasn’t acceptable. The player obviously felt slighted for being called out and tried to make Patterson out to be the bad guy.