Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

PAC-12 football players on strike...

Just now, fearthefumanchu said:

The same as for everyone else?

Lol, so live a life of crime and go to jail?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, fearthefumanchu said:

So everyone who doesn't get paid to play sports lives a life of crime and goes to jail?

For many inner city kids that is their next option.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 minutes ago, fearthefumanchu said:

If thats true, which it isnt, then playing football to avoid that seems like a pretty good deal.

For many, sports is the only way to get off the streets. Watch last chance U and you get a reality slap in the face. 

Okay thanks for proving my point about modern day slavery.

1 minute ago, fearthefumanchu said:

How racist is it to say that inner city kids can only play pro sports or live a life of crime? No other options?

Don’t put words in my mouth. I said “for many”. Black or white. 

Just now, fearthefumanchu said:

Neither did I. I said "inner city" just like you did. But its easy to see what's in your mind to jump to that conclusion.

So now you can read minds now? I guess you already can tell now that I’m thinking you are a part of this systematic racism problem we have in this country. Guys like you won’t ever understand this problem because you haven’t lived it. You’re happy living in your Lilly white suburban neighbor turning a blind eye to it because it doesn’t effect you. Put yourself in their shoes, you just might understand them.

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

Nothing says honor like a guy with a bunch of prison tattoos.

Really?? Prison tattoos? Stereotype much Bob? That one has to be, by far one of the most phucked up comments you’ve ever made. And you’ve made a ton the last 6 months. 

18 minutes ago, Warbow said:

For many inner city kids that is their next option.

Is this a university's fault?

At least the current system is allowing them a choice; you might not think it's a very good choice but who else is stepping up to offer anything?

2 minutes ago, Warbow said:

So now you can read minds now? I guess you already can tell now that I’m thinking you are a part of this systematic racism problem we have in this country. Guys like you won’t ever understand this problem because you haven’t lived it. You’re happy living in your Lilly white suburban neighbor turning a blind eye to it because it doesn’t effect you. Put yourself in their shoes, you just might understand them.

No. I cant read minds. You said "inner city" I said "inner city" then you replied as if I had said "black" meaning that was in your head.

Second, you don't +++++ing know me or anything about my life or what I have experienced or overcome. So don't +++++ing pretend you do just because you were caught assigning reduced expectations to people based upon race. 

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Is this a university's fault?

At least the current system is allowing them a choice; you might not think it's a very good choice but who else is stepping up to offer anything?

Yes, they are certainly taking advantage of this situation. Sure it’s a choice but a choice between what? We all don’t have the same choice options. The system is build that way. 

15 minutes ago, fearthefumanchu said:

No. I cant read minds. You said "inner city" I said "inner city" then you replied as if I had said "black" meaning that was in your head.

Second, you don't +++++ing know me or anything about my life or what I have experienced or overcome. So don't +++++ing pretend you do just because you were caught assigning reduced expectations to people based upon race. 

Dude I never mentioned race, you just did. 

How do you know I don’t know much about you, maybe I can read minds like you do. 

Look I was brought up in this type of environment, it’s not only restricted to minorities. I seen it for all races. It just so happen that the majority effects young black men.

Sorry I riled up up, get mad much? Do you have an angry management problem?

37 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

In the real world, people try and renegotiate their contracts all the time.  Circumstances change--a lot of people are doing it because of the pandemic.  Sometimes they are able to get away with it, a lot of the times they aren't.  That's also how capitalism works.

We shouldn't blame them for trying.

Sure, they are free to attempt to renegotiate...just as the boss is free to say no or get lost.  As I stated, nothing precludes them from going somewhere or getting a different job if they don't feel appropriately compensated.  As a taxpayer funded arm of the state, I certainly don't want nor support the University of Wyoming getting into the business of paying players.  

3 hours ago, sean327 said:

My path also, except I stayed in to retirement. No regrets here either.

I did my three years and got out. I thank Ft Bragg for that. If I had to do it all over again I would join the Army right out of high school (instead of +++++ around for a year like I did) and get my degree while in the service. Use that degree to get to Warrant Officer School and retire a CW4. 38 years old with a degree and retirement at the same rate as a Major then use my GI bill to get a masters. 40 year old with all that can write his own ticket.

People, not a fan.

The reality is this wil go on only if the conferences back down.  Outside of maybe 1-10 players a team depending on the school who have NFL potential the rest of the team has little negotiating power.  Other than for a few select CFL and Arena players there is no market for football player pay anywhere in the world that is much different than the player's scholarship values.  There are a ton of marginal D-1 players that have eligibility and/or qualify under NCAA guidelines who will be playing Division III, JC, or recreational semi pro this year for nothing and in the latters case paying to play.

Let the prima donna stars sit out and prepare for the NFL or give them their sponsorships and pay and tell the rest they can play football or not.  Pretty simple.  If they love football or have designs to prove they are NFL talent they will play.  If not, the sport is better off without them.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Bob said:

Nothing says honor like a guy with a bunch of prison tattoos.

Those are Polynesian Tattoos

Ross is Tongan. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, hickaggie said:

The reality is this wil go on only if the conferences back down.  Outside of maybe 1-10 players a team depending on the school who have NFL potential the rest of the team has little negotiating power.  Other than for a few select CFL and Arena players there is no market for football player pay anywhere in the world that is much different than the player's scholarship values.  There are a ton of marginal D-1 players that have eligibility and/or qualify under NCAA guidelines who will be playing Division III, JC, or recreational semi pro this year for nothing and in the latters case paying to play.

Let the prima donna stars sit out and prepare for the NFL or give them their sponsorships and pay and tell the rest they can play football or not.  Pretty simple.  If they love football or have designs to prove they are NFL talent they will play.  If not, the sport is better off without them.

@hickaggie

Glad to have you back!!!

You are the best USU fan on here.

#Mantua