Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Poll: Hydroxychloroquine

HCQ  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the most appropriate statement regarding HCQ

• HCQ is dangerous, and has no business being a treatment option for C19, especially since Trump pimps it. CNN & MSNBC have it right.
    • HCQ at the proper dosages is reasonably safe, but the mixed results in studies make it a nothing burger. Next..
    • HCQ is a victim of BS politics. It has a 65 yr clean safety record, all studies show it gets positive results in early stages, mixed in late. Definitely a no-brainer option for the right patient.
    • HCQ was blessed by our beloved President Trump, and anything he supports, it’s my pleasure to follow him, Jesus II.

It is a safe effective immunomodulator used mostly for Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. It can cause heart arrythmias so patients need to be monitored regularly for heart rhythm changes. 

The data is pretty clear that there is no benefit in it for prophylaxis or treatment in Covid19 novel coronovirus, however, if a patient is near death's door, there really isn't any harm in trying any therapy.

How about we add another option.  This drug was touted as a miracle cure and recklessly promoted and politicized by Trump and his cult.  The cult believes that that they can just warp reality and control the minds of people by giving them this placebo the power of personality and belief can cure the disease.  If you have enough belief Trump can cure Covid-19 with it just like Jesus can cure blindness...it just takes faith.  

The truth is that hydoxychloroquine will never be the miracle cure that Trump mad it out to be.  It may or may not have some benefit at the margins...but so may aspirin, chicken soup, zinc, vitamin C and all types of similar remedies.  If at some point in time the scientists find that it does have some marginal benefit, everyone will certainly take it, once it has been fully vetted.  At that point Trump and his cult will completely ignore that they oversold this as a "snake oil" MIRACLE CURE and claim victory and vindication if it has ANY positive benefit higher than a placebo.  

I hope that it or some mixture of drugs can help improve outcomes but Trump and the cult's involvement with it has done incalculable damage to scientists studying it or other effective treatments.  Think about all the time an energy scientists have been forced to study this and opportunity cost.  Very disappointing.

Posted Image

I’m erring on the side that it’s victim of politics, that it’s been used safely for 70 years and isn’t going to kill everyone that takes it like @Akkula and others want to believe because Trump....  Is it a viable treatment for Covid?  There seems to be some evidence if given early in combo with Azithromycin and Zinc but I’m not so sure, want more confirmation and evidence.  It certainly isn’t some miracle cure.  I just wish folks would let the studies conclude whatever they conclude without all the premeditated partisan groupthink.  It’s stupid that BOTH sides have politicized a medication in the middle of a pandemic. The fact that a partisan hack like @Akkula can’t even make a semi-rational post or conclusion without throwing out the words “Trump” or “cult” 30 times is a perfect example of what I’m talking about.

v0icAvfW.jpg

55 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m erring on the side that it’s victim of politics, that it’s been used safely for 70 years and isn’t going to kill everyone that takes it like @Akkula and others want to believe because Trump....  Is it a viable treatment for Covid?  There seems to be some evidence if given early in combo with Azithromycin and Zinc but I’m not so sure, want more confirmation and evidence.  It certainly isn’t some miracle cure.  I just wish folks would let the studies conclude whatever they conclude without all the premeditated partisan groupthink.  It’s stupid that BOTH sides have politicized a medication in the middle of a pandemic. The fact that a partisan hack like @Akkula can’t even make a semi-rational post or conclusion without throwing out the words “Trump” or “cult” 30 times is a perfect example of what I’m talking about.

Is this what Fauci basically said? 

I know how this guy votes

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535

The Key to Defeating COVID-19 Already Exists. We Need to Start Using It | Opinion

Harvey A. Risch, MD, PhD , Professor of Epidemiology, Yale School of Public Health
On 7/23/20 at 7:00 AM EDT

As professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health, I have authored over 300 peer-reviewed publications and currently hold senior positions on the editorial boards of several leading journals. I am usually accustomed to advocating for positions within the mainstream of medicine, so have been flummoxed to find that, in the midst of a crisis, I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily. Fortunately, the situation can be reversed easily and quickly.

I am referring, of course, to the medication hydroxychloroquine. When this inexpensive oral medication is given very early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control, it has shown to be highly effective, especially when given in combination with the antibiotics azithromycin or doxycycline and the nutritional supplement zinc.

On May 27, I published an article in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) entitled, "Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk COVID-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis." That article, published in the world's leading epidemiology journal, analyzed five studies, demonstrating clear-cut and significant benefits to treated patients, plus other very large studies that showed the medication safety.

Physicians who have been using these medications in the face of widespread skepticism have been truly heroic. They have done what the science shows is best for their patients, often at great personal risk. I myself know of two doctors who have saved the lives of hundreds of patients with these medications, but are now fighting state medical boards to save their licenses and reputations. The cases against them are completely without scientific merit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an aside, I have a dear friend, a Neo-natal nurse in upstate NY  who tested positive for COVID. She was immediately put on Z-pak by the attending and recovered within a week.  This was back in April

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

From this morning's talk shows:

White House testing czar: 'I can't recommend' hydroxychloroquine

White House coronavirus testing czar Adm. Brett Giroir said Sunday that he “can't recommend” hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 in an apparent contradiction of President Trump’s support of the drug. 

Giroir, a Health and Human Services (HHS) assistant secretary, told NBC’s “Meet the Press” that hydroxychloroquine “looked very promising” at first, but five studies have now found that the anti-malarial drug does not help COVID-19 patients. 

“At this point in time, there's been five randomized-controlled, placebo-controlled trials that do not show any benefit to hydroxychloroquine, so at this point in time, we don't recommend that as a treatment,” he said.  

“Right now, hydroxychloroquine, I can't recommend that,” he added. 

The testing czar also highlighted that steroids have shown a reduction in mortality by 30 percent and said research on immune plasma and vaccines is “promising.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/510184-white-house-testing-czar-i-cant-recommend-hydroxychloroquine

9 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I was not aware that being a SUCKER and easy MARK is part of a core political persuasion but you and your compatriots are obviously swept up by this political ideology of suckerhood.  Trump has thousands of documented lies but you guys buy this one "hook line and sinker" and believe the dear leader over the combined scientific community who are actually credible.  Not to invoke Godwin's law but if Hitler was to tell me hydroxychloroquine was miracle cure, I would probably believe him more quickly than Trump.  For all Hitler's flaws, I hear he was a pretty straight shooter.

allen west politics GIF

Posted Image

14 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I was not aware that being a SUCKER and easy MARK is part of a core political persuasion but you and your compatriots are obviously swept up by this political ideology of suckerhood.  Trump has thousands of documented lies but you guys buy this one "hook line and sinker" and believe the dear leader over the combined scientific community who are actually credible.  Not to invoke Godwin's law but if Hitler was to tell me hydroxychloroquine was miracle cure, I would probably believe him more quickly than Trump.  For all Hitler's flaws, I hear he was a pretty straight shooter.

allen west politics GIF

Try reading my post with your good eye next time.  You won’t look like such an idiot.  But, but, but...  TRUMP!!!

tenor.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 minutes ago, Akkula said:

allen west politics GIF

Uhhhh wtf.  

Hitler was nothing but falsehoods and deceptions.

JFC.

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

Stop comparing Trump to Hitler.   There is no comparison!

I'm not.  You said Hitler was a strait shooter.  That is a pretty disturbing comment when you think about it for half a second and would indicate some very troubling belief systems.

There’s two things going on. The left gives it Satan status because they don’t want Trump being able to say, “See, I told you it worked, and your demonization of the drug purely on politics has cost thousands, maybe tens of thousands of lives”. Big Pharma also very badly wants this drug sidelined because there’s no money to be made on it. It’s easy to make in big numbers and very cheap. They want a new fancy drug they can make billions on as they’ve already invested big bucks on, as well as vaccines.

When it comes to drugs, if you want to know who’s biased and  benefiting from something you follow the money. If you want to know the truth, you follow the science. So here’s a site that lists every single HCQ study related to covid ever done worldwide to date. It doesn’t take but a few minutes to realize this has to be the biggest propaganda hit job on a drug in human history. 

Below the graph at the top, there’s some boxes that represent the time frame stage of the Infection. Starting at the left very early to far right the end stage. When you click on each stage, the studies that were done at that stage will show up below. As you can see, every single study in the first several stages at 100% positive outcome results. Not one study negative. It isn’t until you get to the end stage where it becomes mixed. HCQ has one of the best safety records of any drug ever made for 65 years when taken at the dosage of treatment for Malaria, Lupus, etc., and the dosage used in the positive studies used the same dosage as it’s always been used at. For some reason, especially in European studies, they used much higher doses which became toxic, and used them at the end stage. It’s almost like they were trying to fail. HCQ lowers the viral load very early, the end stage of the disease is inflammation, not viral load issues, so those two stages are apples and oranges.

https://c19study.com

https://c19study.com/countries.html

https://c19study.com/boulware.html

Here’s a statement from the recently published Henry Ford Study that I 100% agree with. By the way, in 2500 patients, it cut the death rate in half when used very early in the disease.

kat.jpg

43 minutes ago, Akkula said:

allen west politics GIF

If you know any WWII history at all, you’d know that Hitler was moody, unstable, unpredictable, delusional and it was especially bad in the last 2 years with all the drugs his doc had him on. He thought that he still had divisions on his war map that had actually already been obliterated. He couldn’t shoot a pistol straight, either. 

kat.jpg

14 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

Whether or not it was effective seems largely irrelevant right now, most hospitals have pivoted to other drugs and as they are more experienced treating patients, the death rate has fallen noticeably.

WTF?  It's not irrellevant. There is no drug to date that works all that great or for everyone, and far from a cure. The more options you have to fight this, the better. If someone isn't responding to the others, they shouldn't have the option to try it? It's also important to set the record straight and call out those that put politics over lives. This is a no brainer to give a majority of patients immediately upon infected. 

kat.jpg

I’m going to defer to the FDA, CDC, fauci and other medical experts. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater