Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

MWC paranormal poll.

What do you believe in?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Ghosts?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you believe in Big Foot/Yetti?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you believe in ETI?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you believe ETI is among us on earth?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Do you believe in Lake Monsters?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Votr!

Votrd 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

While I enjoy watching paranormal shows (be it Supernatural or more stuff caught on camera), the one thing to truly convince me has yet to happen; for myself to experience a ghostly phenomenon.

Big Foot? Eh, not so much. Guy came out a few years back to claim it was him in a costume for the original photo. Yeti? That, there is something to it. Perhaps not in modern times, but during a time when ancient man was around in Asia, a giant ape known as Gigantopithacus roamed Asia. Which isn't all that far off from legends of the creature itself.

ETs? Aliens? Considering how vast the galaxy, let along the universe is, its more than possible that there's life out there. Whether or not they would come here for more than curiosity and dark entertainment though, can't say. On Earth? Does Trump count? If not, than no.

Lake monsters? Well, if you mean Nessie, eh, probably not. However, there's plenty of creatures, even in freshwater systems, that could fit the bill. Bullsharks, Alligator Gar, gators, crocs, and a lot more. And yes, I watch River Monsters. Good show.

Using the MWC Board is a paranormal experience 

Do you MW Board ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1. Ghosts. Have had three very personal experiences. Can give two more from family.

2. Bigfoot. I would love to think there are bipedal forms that we haven't discovered. But, it's unlikely. 

3. ETI...absolutely.  Plenty of evidence from religious and non religious texts.

4. ETI on earth now? Why not,  if they were here in the past why not now? This ones a stretch, I admit, but we still haven't explained the origins of all the aircraft we see in the skies. 

5.lake monsters? No way. Not enough food sources for breeding opportunities.  

Now ocean 'monsters' there's ALOT we don't know about the deep. 

Unleash the Kraken.....

Wtf is a ghost anyway?

It's dumb as shit to assume something coincidental, like finding an object in a place you thought it shouldn't be, or a noise you can't figure out (probably the refrigerator, seriously they sound weird AF in a quiet house when your half asleep), is your dead uncle trying to tell you something.

But I know, you want to have special powers to make up for your otherwise unfulfilling, middling mediocre existence so you tell people you've had encounters with the supernatural.

200.gif

22 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Wtf is a ghost anyway?

It's dumb as shit to assume something coincidental, like finding an object in a place you thought it shouldn't be, or a noise you can't figure out (probably the refrigerator, seriously they sound weird AF in a quiet house when your half asleep), is your dead uncle trying to tell you something.

But I know, you want to have special powers to make up for your otherwise unfulfilling, middling mediocre existence so you tell people you've had encounters with the supernatural.

200.gif

The way in which your consciousness becomes quantumly entangled with the space outside your body.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-consciousness/

Pretty overwhelming one way or the other for everything except ghosts. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Pretty overwhelming one way or the other for everything except ghosts. 

It's hard to completely discount something when people that I know and trust are utterly convinced they have had supernatural experiences.

5 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

It's hard to completely discount something when people that I know and trust are utterly convinced they have had supernatural experiences.

I’ve had one 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The way in which your consciousness becomes quantumly entangled with the space outside your body.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qt-consciousness/

"Consciousness" is not a thing. It's a magical gap filling concept.

But, let's say you're right. What's more probable? Uncle Bob's entangled consciousness fing with you or the fridge defrosting?

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

"Consciousness" is not a thing. It's a magical gap filling concept.

But, let's say you're right. What's more probable? Uncle Bob's entangled consciousness fing with you or the fridge defrosting?

Yes.

I want Bigfoot to exist, but the evidence is overwhelming that they don’t. Still fun to watch the shows though.

I saw a coffee cup move by itself about four inches across our table in a restaurant. Then it moved back to its original spot. My brother saw it too.

I don't know if it was telekinesis or what.