Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

MWC paranormal poll.

What do you believe in?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Ghosts?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you believe in Big Foot/Yetti?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you believe in ETI?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you believe ETI is among us on earth?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Do you believe in Lake Monsters?

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Wonder how much religion plays in to that category - obviously religion leans to an afterlife of some type which could means ghosts, spirits etc 

Although most Christians I know don’t believe in ghosts.  They believe you’re in another plane of existence and can’t communicate with us anymore.  Not saying it’s universal for all of them just my anecdotal evidence. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I believe in nothing. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:03 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

I guess I'm kind of surprised at the skepticism about the existence of cryptids. Consider that 70% of our planet's surface is covered by oceans, and according to NOAA, more than 80% of our ocean's depths remain unexplored. When we've only explored less than half our planet's surface, is it not possible there are many creatures yet to be discovered?

A buddy of mine is an anthropologist, and he has long been convinced in the existence of Bigfoot sim[y because he thinks it highly unlikely we're the only extant species of "advanced"/sentient hominids - IIRC, he said homo sapiens would be unique in the animal kingdom in this regard.

Second, there is plenty of allegorical evidence and documented sightings to support the existence of multiple species of cryptids, including Bigfoot-type creatures and "lake monsters."

Lastly, one might argue that the absence of "hard proof" makes it a big ask, but cannot the same be said about UFOs? Scarcity may account for the absence of such hard evidence, but again, as with UFOs, the absence of evidence does not equate to the evidence of absence.

480fea31-f2ab-4fb8-904b-3f47ee5a1743-jpe

49 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

No, Bill from ghost adventures.

Not familiar with him, so I'll give him a pass. :D Aaron seems like a good dude....Zak I'm no fan of. 

16 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Not familiar with him, so I'll give him a pass. :D Aaron seems like a good dude....Zak I'm no fan of. 

I don't like their approach.  If Ghosts are real, he is pretty disrespectful.  I much preferred the Ghost Hunters series.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:55 PM, sean327 said:

I want Bigfoot to exist, but the evidence is overwhelming that they don’t. Still fun to watch the shows though.

This happened in your current state.

https://abc13.com/sasquatch-bigfoot-arizona/463645/

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't like their approach.  If Ghosts are real, he is pretty disrespectful.  I much preferred the Ghost Hunters series.

Tried an episode of Ghost Hunters... Let's just say I try to give shows like it the benefit of the doubt, but man I had turn the channel because of how bad it was.

8 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

This happened in your current state.

https://abc13.com/sasquatch-bigfoot-arizona/463645/

I remember that, but I cannot get around the fact that we’ve never found any dead ones. Even if they are like us and bury their dead, we should’ve found something by now.

1 minute ago, sean327 said:

I remember that, but I cannot get around the fact that we’ve never found any dead ones. Even if they are like us and bury their dead, we should’ve found something by now.

Gigantopithecus lived and breed for two million years.  All we have is a Jaw bone and some teeth.

Lots of parts of the West that humans have never stepped foot in/ can not step foot in.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Gigantopithecus lived and breed for two million years.  All we have is a Jaw bone and some teeth.

Lots of parts of the West that humans have never stepped foot in/ can not step foot in.

Good point.

23 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Zak Bagans? I can't stand that guy. 

Dude comes off as a douchebag with ADHD. Nothing against people with ADHD. Or douchebags for that matter. But I don't really care for him much either.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The only show of that genre I give any credence to is Paranormal Caught on Camera. IMO the Ghost Adventures guys come off too much like dudes cosplaying their Ghostbuster fantasies and make me question Post Malone's taste in friends.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

The only show of that genre I give any credence to is Paranormal Caught on Camera. IMO the Ghost Adventures guys come off too much like dudes cosplaying their Ghostbuster fantasies and make me question Post Malone's taste in friends.

Destination Truth, hosted by Josh Gates, was pretty interesting. Caught some very interesting stuff on camera. Even a Yeti footprint, and interesting photos involving haunted areas.

Plus, the show itself is entertaining for the cultures, food, and awful vehicles the cast got stuck with during its run. And a lot of the episodes can be found on youtube.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

2 hours ago, sean327 said:

Good point.

Googled it. There are several jaw bones and over a thousand teeth, and it's been extinct for 12 years. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

Googled it. There are several jaw bones and over a thousand teeth, and it's been extinct for 12 years. 

So a few partial jaw bones and teeth, nothing else, for a species that thrived for 6-9 million years and it went extinct only 100,000 years ago.