Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

MWC paranormal poll.

What do you believe in?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Ghosts?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you believe in Big Foot/Yetti?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you believe in ETI?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you believe ETI is among us on earth?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Do you believe in Lake Monsters?

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve been familiar with Meldrum long before you discovered him in National Geographic. Sorry, the existence of a new species requires discovering that species. We haven’t done that yet. The prospects seem very unlikely. 

If your criterion for accepting the possibility that something exists is that it must first be discovered, then radio waves must not have existed prior to the late 19th century. And damn that Louis Pasteur! If only that filthy French pigf*cker hadn't discovered germs, we wouldn't have this wretched disease today!

Can you imagine the great expanse of ocean that existed before the Vikings discovered North America, thereby blinking into existence the millions of peoples in the Americas, who had not existed just a day before Leif Erikson "discovered" them?

And as a footnote, by the exact same logic, you obviously must not believe in aliens either. Which is, of course, your prerogative as well.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

24 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I have a little, thank you. Would make a good tv series for discovery. But alas, monster quest is what we got.

Then you should note it would simply not be possible with this DNA evidence/sequence. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK21116/

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’ve been familiar with Meldrum long before you discovered him in National Geographic. Sorry, the existence of a new species requires discovering that species. We haven’t done that yet. The prospects seem very unlikely. 

53 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Dude, you literally cited the absence of fruit as evidence of a frugivore's hypothetical inability to exist in the wild in the Pacific Northwest.

And to continue to great ape comparisons... A gorilla can weigh more than 400 lbs. And the diet of the mountain gorilla - who lives in, you know... mountains, like where Bigfoot is purported to live - is approx. 96% leaves, flowers, shoots, roots, and bark, and only 2% fruit

Thus, a large frugivorous hominid could subsist and eat well on a similar diet in the Pacific Northwest.

Lastly, your citation of the Quarternary Extinction only serves to support the hypothesis of an intelligent hominid that has largely survived by avoiding contact with us.

A lot of it is ego, anything in the woods must be dumb and clumsy.  We are the PINNACLE of creation, damnit!

10 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

If your criterion for accepting the possibility that something exists is that it must first be discovered, then radio waves must not have existed prior to the late 19th century. And damn that Louis Pasteur! If only that filthy French pigf*cker hadn't discovered germs, we wouldn't have this wretched disease today!

Can you imagine the great expanse of ocean that existed before the Vikings discovered North America, thereby blinking into existence the millions of peoples in the Americas, who had not existed just a day before Leif Erikson "discovered" them?

And as a footnote, by the exact same logic, you obviously must not believe in aliens either. Which is, of course, your prerogative as well.

I don’t live in a world where germs are still miasma, radio waves haven’t been discovered, the Colombian exchange did not occur. I live in a world where here there be dragons isn’t drawn on maps. Here there be Bigfoot, ok where?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t live in a world where germs are still miasma, radio waves haven’t been discovered, the Colombian exchange did not occur. I live in a world where here there be dragons isn’t drawn on maps. Here there be Bigfoot, ok where?

Well we can start with where there has been DNA evidence and hair collected and move on to eyewitness sighting and encounters.  

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Again people do not realize how little of the northern hemisphere humans are even able to access, let alone live.

We only need 750,000 more Starbucks to fulfill my dream of having one every 5 square miles in the US.

23 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A lot of it is ego, anything in the woods must be dumb and clumsy.  We are the PINNACLE of creation, damnit!

Well, we are, until either dolphins decide enough is enough. :ph34r: That's why I minored in dolphin.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

He exists. Loads of sightings on the slopes of Utah.

https://www.skiutah.com/gearstore/products/giftshopproduct21

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

“What I Believe.”

I believe in rainbows and puppy dogs and fairy tales.

And I believe in the family – Mom and Dad and Grandma.. and Uncle Tom,who waves his penis.

And I believe 8 of the 10 Commandments.

And I believe in going to church every Sunday, unless there’s a game on.

And I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, wholesome and natural things.. that money can buy.

And I believe it’s derogatory to refer to a woman’s breasts as “boobs”, “jugs”, “winnebagos” or “golden bozos”.. and that you should only refer to them as “hooters”.

And I believe you should put a woman on a pedestal.. high enough so you can look up her dress.

And I believe in equality, equality for everyone.. no matter how stupid they are, or how much better I am than they are.

And, people say I’m crazy for believing this, but I believe that robots are stealing my luggage.

And I believe I made a mistake when I bought a 30-story 1-bedroom apartment.

And I believe the Battle of the Network Stars should be fought with guns.

And I believe that Ronald Reagan can make this country what it once was – an arctic region covered with ice.

And, lastly, I believe that of all the evils on this earth, there is nothing worse than the music you’re listening to right now. That’s what I believe.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'm sure there are some big hairy white chicks in Utah that might confuse a few people upon first, second, or third sight.

Sexy Big Hair GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 8/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, 4UNLV said:

My daughter's inlaws live next door to the guy from ghost adventures (or ghost hunters?) he said they exist. :P

Zak Bagans? I can't stand that guy. 

On 8/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, mugtang said:

Pretty overwhelming one way or the other for everything except ghosts. 

Wonder how much religion plays in to that category - obviously religion leans to an afterlife of some type which could means ghosts, spirits etc