Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Football God

The MWAC Board's BYU Obsession

The Cougars haven't been members of the Mountain WAC in nearly 10 years yet their program is more talked about on this board than any current members. Why this school so polarizing around here? I think it's jealously, but maybe it's deeper than that.

15 minutes ago, Football God said:

The Cougars haven't been members of the Mountain WAC in nearly 10 years yet their program is more talked about on this board than any current members. Why this school so polarizing around here? I think it's jealously, but maybe it's deeper than that.

It is a relevant topic right now. BYU needs games. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

At least right know there is not much to talk about MW wise. Zero big-5 games for the MW this year, zero shot (other than a undefeated Boise) at the access bowl bid, heck will will probably lose I one solid bowl vs the Pac-12 cause I am guessing they will scale bowls back this year. 

So that pretty much leaves when/if we are going to have a season and who will be the champion. 

Talking about adding BYU for a year adds something to that mix and is really one of the only realistic things the MW can do. Or just talking about how bad this is for BYU (obviously a conference only season hurts indys the most) at least give us something to talk abt lol. 

1 minute ago, thedude15 said:

At least right know there is not much to talk about MW wise. Zero big-5 games for the MW this year, zero shot (other than a undefeated Boise) at the access bowl bid, heck will will probably lose I one solid bowl vs the Pac-12 cause I am guessing they will scale bowls back this year. 

So that pretty much leaves when/if we are going to have a season and who will be the champion. 

Talking about adding BYU for a year adds something to that mix and is really one of the only realistic things the MW can do. Or just talking about how bad this is for BYU (obviously a conference only season hurts indys the most) at least give us something to talk abt lol. 

I understand what's you're saying, but my post isn't about what's going on today. For the past 5 or so years I been a member here its been a reliable source for BYU updates. I come to see what SDSU fans are talking about, but I guess all the BYU content ran them away.

38 minutes ago, Football God said:

nah... most BYU threads are started by BYU fans..or converted to byu threads by byu fans, lol.

We have BYU posters that have been a part of this community for 15+ years.

Also, I have not in several years seen more than 3 BYU threads and rarely more than 2 and more often 1 or 0 on the first page.  The same can not be said for Boise, UNLV and Wyoming.  Even SDSU during last years BB run at one point had like 5 threads on the first page.

1 minute ago, Football God said:

That would be still more than what we're hearing about Boise State. 

Anyways, I'm sure they can agree to a one-year deal for football. If you hate this team you should be pumped for a chance to get a dub against them.

Uhm Boise had a 200+ page thread dedicated to them this offseason.  There is one BYU titled thread on the first page, same as SJSU.  In all these conference oriented threads, like team awards, BB ranking etc...BYU is not mentioned.  Boise and other teams are.

You are kind of out of touch.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Uhm Boise had a 200+ page thread dedicated to them this offseason.  There is one BYU titled thread on the first page, same as SJSU.  In all these conference oriented threads, like team awards, BB ranking etc...BYU is not mentioned.  Boise and other teams are.

You are kind of out of touch.

You're out of touch if you think BSU is still relevant. It's not 2009 anymore.

College Sports Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, Football God said:

The Cougars haven't been members of the Mountain WAC in nearly 10 years yet their program is more talked about on this board than any current members. Why this school so polarizing around here?

I think it's jealously, but maybe it's deeper than that.

@Rev McQuervo

image.png.4ca2355086c5217057f3fe5d10a73d19.png

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, Football God said:

BYU is the most popular, most discussed, most followed, most watched, most analyzed, and most cheered on team in the Mountain West Conference.

A VILLAIN is more popular than a HERO.   

BYU is the ORIGINAL VILLAIN of the MWC / WAC.

2nycvq.jpg

18 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Now you're just mad because you had your small hissy fit for no reason. Take 24 hours and come back and join the conversation. I've been ran out of here several times and had to regroup.

Whose mad? I asked a simple question about BYU and you brought up your irrelevant trucking school. 

This is you Mountain West champions? :lol:

646902382_ScreenShot2020-08-02at1_42_19PM.png.b39d6b98bcd02caf37f4ce9f682c4785.png