Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mysfit

Hurricane Season

so we got one headed to Fla/Carolinas.

Looks like it could drop to tropical storm heading out of Fla but could still cause flooding.

I know we have some members in the area. Maybe too soon to do prep but not too soon to be thinking about it?

One of the Final Five..........

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Not uncommon, I believe Jeane or Francis in ‘05/‘06 did a loop and hit the Bahamas twice before hitting the Space Coast.  

there was one that did a loop before hitting land a few years back. It's more rare for them to hit through the gulf, come out of the Carolinas, re-form, do a U-Turn, and hit another part of the country. I think there was another one a few years ago that hit Central America and then came out in the Pacific and re-formed. 

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

there was one that did a loop before hitting land a few years back. It's more rare for them to hit through the gulf, come out of the Carolinas, re-form, do a U-Turn, and hit another part of the country. I think there was another one a few years ago that hit Central America and then came out in the Pacific and re-formed. 

We got 20+ inches of rain from Sally, had fish in the driveway...

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

We got 20+ inches of rain from Sally, had fish in the driveway...

Sally isn’t unlike Harvey for us a couple years ago. Winds weren’t the strongest, but it just sat over us for four days and dumped 53 inches. I’m not sure which I’d rather have, the wind or the rain.