Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Fauci to teachers "You will be part of the experiment" Reopen schools.

Kind of like the 30,000 that will be taking the vaccine in a clinical trial. However, at least those people are volunteers. Regarding the schools haven’t some European schools already have been part of the experiment? Can’t we learn from them? 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Kind of like the 30,000 that will be taking the vaccine in a clinical trial. However, at least those people are volunteers. Regarding the schools haven’t some European schools already have been part of the experiment? Can’t we learn from them? 

Europe was able to get out of their first wave.  We are still in ours.

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Arguing technicalities.  Point remains they bent their curve.  We have not.  Apple to oranges.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Arguing technicalities.  Point remains they bent their curve.  We have not.  Apple to oranges.

We bent our curve way down from the early peak and several weeks ago it started ascending again when people stopped sheltering. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

What do you mean? We bent our curve way down from the early peak and several weeks ago it started ascending again.

No, we did not.  We flattened it, we did not bend it.

image.png.0e018c221acce55a097d93d759ebe94e.png

This is what bending it looks like

image.png.25b1bdfecf563c3b26ab2b796614c9b2.png

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, we did not.  We flattened it, we did not bend it.

image.png.0e018c221acce55a097d93d759ebe94e.png

This is what bending it looks like

image.png.25b1bdfecf563c3b26ab2b796614c9b2.png

You can’t compare a small country like Italy to the US.  New York and New Jersey looks like Italy right now. The rest of our states are seeing a delayed reaction and will eventually mirror New York. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

You can’t compare a small country like Italy to the US.  New York and New Jersey looks like Italy right now. The rest of our states are seeing a delayed reaction and will eventually mirror New York. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Who was it that said something about apples and oranges? 

That would be me.

Let's spell it out.  I can even do it slowly for ya.

You, made a comparison with Europe.

I said that was dumb because they bent their curve, we never did.

You claimed "we" did.  I showed you we did not.

You then said we can't compare ourselves to small countries.  Them being small has nothing to do with the original argument that YOU made.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That would be me.

Let's spell it out.  I can even do it slowly for ya.

Poster A, made a comparison with Europe.

I said that was dumb because they bent their curve, we never did.

You claimed "we" did.  I showed you we did not.

You then said we can't compare ourselves to small countries.  Them being small has nothing to do with the original argument that YOU made.

I made the argument we could learn something from European schools which you said was apples and oranges. Then you used a European country like Italy to make your point about infections. Who is being contradictory? 

I made the argument we could learn something from European schools which you said was apples and oranges. Then you used a European country like Italy to make your point about infections. Who is being contradictory? 

How can we learn something from an area that has bent their curve?  It is apples and oranges.  We have yet to bend ours.  My point remains the same.  

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Need something that mimics the smolt and par, those are all garbage for ocean connecting ecosystems in Idaho.  

Or are you going with the "my post was kind of bad so let's call it bait" routine?  

Please don't turn into convert.  He is a blessing to this board but we only need one.

A lot of teachers are near retirement age. If forced to chose, I suspect many will reluctantly opt to retire. They love the kids but if it risks your health?

And some may opt to strike

Teachers are not paid what they are worth for the most part. Like so many 3xpendable, er, essential workers.

One of the Final Five..........

I'm relieved our school district went online to start the year. I'm fully aware of the challenges and downside to this, but I was loathing the decision of whether or not to send my kids into an indoor setting with 20-30 other kids for 8 hrs a day to almost certainly get a virus that may not be likely to cause great harm to themselves, but that they would likely transmit to their teachers, admins, me, my wife or my parents, where the likelihood of bigger problems increase.  It's the right thing to do from a public health perspective, at this time, and Fauci is right, this will be an experiment.