Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Make Inheritance Illegal

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is an interesting point, actually.

My grandmother was raised on (at the time) the largest farm on the Camas Prairie.  When the brothers went off to fight the war, she and her two sisters with one farm hand ran the entire farm, for years.  The 3 brothers inherited the entire estate.  My grandmother got $50, a suitcase and a train ticket.  Even the Nez Perce jewelry that was custom made for her and her sisters and mother, was kept by the males.

When my grandfather died in the mid-1960s, Mom's only brother inherited the family potato farm outside Pocatello. Mom got a Seth Thomas mantel clock. It was a nice clock but the farm was a bit more valuable. I'm sure he didn't love Mom any less than her brother but Grandpa was a very traditional guy and that's how things were done in the little Ukrainian village where he was born.

22 hours ago, sean327 said:

I like roads, I like driving on roads. Still not gonna give everything I worked for to the govt for those roads. When I kick the bucket my stuff goes to my kids and grandkids. 

Your kids and grandkids will be able to drive on the new roads.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

29 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Your kids and grandkids will be able to drive on the new roads.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

These roads are gunna be lit AF.  As sec of "Roads and Shit" I can guarantee @sean327 when your kids see the mf'ing roads (not to mention shit) they will be happy you were forced to not leave them college money and they never got to take that vacation to Europe. 

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve got a novel idea. Why not do that and reduce government spending at the same time. Plus require a balanced budget. 

You haven't learned by now that government spending will never be reduced because "we the people" don't really want it to be reduced?

So, if actually paying for our spending, versus "charging it", is important (I'm not sure that it is)  we need to increase revenue.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

You haven't learned by now that government spending will never be reduced because "we the people" don't really want it to be reduced?

So, if actually paying for our spending, versus "charging it", is important (I'm not sure that it is)  we need to increase revenue.

Not all of us. I would be in favor of a 10% tax increase and 10% across the board spending reduction every year until we balanced the budget. 

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Not all of us. I would be in favor of a 10% tax increase and 10% across the board spending reduction every year until we balanced the budget. 

Almost all of us...when you get into specifics about what's actually going to be cut.

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

796765E6-329A-41AC-90B7-13A7DEFB1E87.jpeg

Equal access to message boards may be my next major campaign issue. Look out for the next thread.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

20 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Fixed

I could fit every kind of tinfoil hat, flat earther art bell stereotype out there and yet I'm in control of my emotions, unlike halfmanhalftaters

Radio Host Art Bell's Vault Now Online

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/07/758578026/radio-host-art-bells-vault-now-online

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

So, i invest in rental properties instead of buying campers, boats, expensive cars, and other stupid things to build wealth instead of squandering it, and you think confiscating that is a good idea?

Bruh.... roads..... AND shit. 

9 hours ago, CPslograd said:

So, i invest in rental properties instead of buying campers, boats, expensive cars, and other stupid things to build wealth instead of squandering it, and you think confiscating that is a good idea?

Your kids (and all kids) deserve the same opportunity you did to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and live the American Dream!

America is a meritocracy, so there shouldn't be any problem!

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.