robe

BYU down to 6 games

8 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Why do you keep saying this? You know that’s not true, right?

How can you claim the AAC is a P6 when their fan support is so bad, though? 

What is the AAC average attendance?  It looks bad.

On 8/22/2020 at 3:49 AM, #1Stunner said:

Average home attendance for conference members in 2019:

SEC   73K

Big Ten   65K

Big 12   57K

ACC   48K

Pac 12   46K

AAC   29K

MWC   23K

CUSA   19K

Sun Belt   18K

MAC   15K

The largest gap by far is between the worst P5 and the AAC.   

27 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Average home attendance for conference members in 2019:

SEC   73K

Big Ten   65K

BYU 59K

Big 12   57K

ACC   48K

Pac 12   46K

AAC   29K

MWC   23K

CUSA   19K

Sun Belt   18K

MAC   15K

The largest gap by far is between the worst P5 and the AAC.   

• Facepalm 1
On 8/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, #1Stunner said:

It’s not bad though, the conference as a whole averaged 30k last season....with UCONN.  More importantly, the aac is the only conference to increase their attendance over the last couple years.  Trends are more important than where you started.  By the way, I’ve never once claimed that the P6 was an actual thing.  If I were to do it, I would use performance as the barometer, not announced attendance.  For example, the aac was the 5th best conference overall by performance last season, and would’ve solidly been in 4th place if UCONN didn’t count into the equation-thankfully they’re gone.  This year they’ll likely be 4th again.

BTW BYU @ UCF 11/7 is looking good.

• Haha 1
On 8/22/2020 at 6:43 AM, robe said:

LOL we are the only ones with games. Most fans in the west are envious of BYU right now. Troy, Army, Navy, Western Kentucky, Texas St, Houston, N Alabama, UTSA are as good as a MWC schedule would have been at least competition wise. It is far better than what the MWC is doing.

With a schedule like that, you should join the Sun Belt !

9 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

With a schedule like that, you should join the Sun Belt !

Ha ha poor attempt.

Only team west of Texas still playing. You guys are going broke not BYU. 

I always admit this. I’m forever grateful to be a BYU fan. We are spoiled rotten to be able to cheer on a program like BYU. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Last time BYU played a schedule that bad it won a national title. 

Yep all MWC teams. We only allow 3 of them on our schedule now. In fact when approached this year to help save the MWC Holmoe chuckled and said no. Come on Craig are you serious. 

10 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s not bad though, the conference as a whole averaged 30k last season....with UCONN.  More importantly, the aac is the only conference to increase their attendance over the last couple years.  Trends are more important than where you started.  By the way, I’ve never once claimed that the P6 was an actual thing.  If I were to do it, I would use performance as the barometer, not announced attendance.  For example, the aac was the 5th best conference overall by performance last season, and would’ve solidly been in 4th place if UCONN didn’t count into the equation-thankfully they’re gone.  This year they’ll likely be 4th again.

Time to take SDSU and BSU with us and join.

19 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Fingers crossed. Hopefully it adds additional games to the current '23/'24 series, rather than moving one of those games to '20. 

The AAC has a few teams that have and can get P-like numbers, ie 40-45K+ attendance - UCF, Memphis, Temple, ECU, USF, Cincinnati.  

SDSU, UNLV, Fresno State, and Hawaii (and Colorado State now?) can grab those kinds of numbers too. I think Navy, Houston, SMU, Tulane, and Tulsa stadiums max out less than 40K, like the rest of the MWC.

On 8/24/2020 at 6:18 PM, YNot said:

The AAC has a few teams that have and can get P-like numbers, ie 40-45K+ attendance - UCF, Memphis, Temple, ECU, USF, Cincinnati.  

Only UCF has done above 40K in the last 4 years.  Temple doesnt even do 30K - they did 40K once, in 2015, thanks to sell out home games with Penn State and ND.  And SMU, Tulane and Tulsa dont come close to filling the oversized HS stadiums they call home.  Houston's crowds depend of the team, and of course when their fan base gets their 7-11 work schedules.

12 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

Could BYU also play in the spring? 

Probably not.  

They have 8 games scheduled, and are reportedly working on getting 2 additional games. 

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Say what you will about the Y-ners, but at least they are playing! Never thought I'd say this, but mad respeck to BYU.

Yup, they did not cave to the political machinations of others, based on science that has now been disproven. Good for them.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
On 8/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, fanhood said:

Yup, they did not cave to the political machinations of others, based on science that has now been disproven. Good for them.

CDC now says that 94% of deaths as it related to COVID19, had two or three other comorbidities. Astounding statistic, when you compare that to shutting down college football as a result of the virus.

• Like 1