Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

BYU down to 6 games

19 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s not bad though, the conference as a whole averaged 30k last season....with UCONN.  More importantly, the aac is the only conference to increase their attendance over the last couple years.  Trends are more important than where you started.  By the way, I’ve never once claimed that the P6 was an actual thing.  If I were to do it, I would use performance as the barometer, not announced attendance.  For example, the aac was the 5th best conference overall by performance last season, and would’ve solidly been in 4th place if UCONN didn’t count into the equation-thankfully they’re gone.  This year they’ll likely be 4th again.

BTW BYU @ UCF 11/7 is looking good.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully it adds additional games to the current '23/'24 series, rather than moving one of those games to '20. 

The AAC has a few teams that have and can get P-like numbers, ie 40-45K+ attendance - UCF, Memphis, Temple, ECU, USF, Cincinnati.  

SDSU, UNLV, Fresno State, and Hawaii (and Colorado State now?) can grab those kinds of numbers too. I think Navy, Houston, SMU, Tulane, and Tulsa stadiums max out less than 40K, like the rest of the MWC.

On 8/24/2020 at 6:18 PM, YNot said:

The AAC has a few teams that have and can get P-like numbers, ie 40-45K+ attendance - UCF, Memphis, Temple, ECU, USF, Cincinnati.  

Only UCF has done above 40K in the last 4 years.  Temple doesnt even do 30K - they did 40K once, in 2015, thanks to sell out home games with Penn State and ND.  And SMU, Tulane and Tulsa dont come close to filling the oversized HS stadiums they call home.  Houston's crowds depend of the team, and of course when their fan base gets their 7-11 work schedules.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
12 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

Could BYU also play in the spring? 

Probably not.  

They have 8 games scheduled, and are reportedly working on getting 2 additional games. 

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Say what you will about the Y-ners, but at least they are playing! Never thought I'd say this, but mad respeck to BYU.

Yup, they did not cave to the political machinations of others, based on science that has now been disproven. Good for them.

On 8/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, fanhood said:

Yup, they did not cave to the political machinations of others, based on science that has now been disproven. Good for them.

CDC now says that 94% of deaths as it related to COVID19, had two or three other comorbidities. Astounding statistic, when you compare that to shutting down college football as a result of the virus.

18 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Why do you think?

I heard that BYU was trying to move up their game from ‘23 to ‘20 while UCF didn’t want to take a game away from an already thin ‘23 ooc schedule and just wanted to add on to the current arrangement.  That was the only impasse I heard but was also under the impression that they could work past that.  I think the reality of (lack of) time set in because UCF just abruptly dropped off all scheduling attempts for 2020 really fast-for everyone, not just BYU.