Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

BYU down to 6 games

Guest #1Stunner

Let me say this.  

Troy probably has a 10 times better coaching staff than BYU.

Troy beat Nebraska in 2018 and beat LSU in 2017. They lost to Clemson 30-24 in 2016 (the year Clemson won the national championship).   BYU might lose this game.

Guest #1Stunner
33 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

No return in the same year? 
well I guess since the SB is playing a full conference slate there may not be room this year.

This could be the start of a partnership between BYU and the Sunbelt.

BYU could soon be synonymous with Sun Belt athletics. 

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU lost a few PAC12 basketball games due to the PAC12 shutdown.

Hoping that BYU will schedule the Colorado School of Mines as a replacement.

I feel like the last time BYU lost the Mines Nation, the collective IQ of the Marriott Center rose by 30 points. 

@OrediggerPoke, please tell me that Colorado School of Mines is still playing basketball.   Also, it seems unclear if the MWC also canceled all basketball. 

Unlikely.  RMAC has postponed sports until the spring but schools can practice at their discretion.  My understanding is mines is not practicing in the fall for basketball but I could be wrong.  

Any chance to schedule Troy as a replacement?

37 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This could be the start of a partnership between BYU and the Sunbelt.

BYU could soon be synonymous with Sun Belt athletics. 

That would be quite the achievement for BYU.  Good luck and perhaps BYU will become a member of the Sun Belt if all goes well.  

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

That would be quite the achievement for BYU.  Good luck and perhaps BYU will become a member of the Sun Belt if all goes well.  

Unlikely.

I think BYU prefers the WCC over the Sun Belt.

More likely is the WCC expanding.

Past discussions have focused on the University of Denver (who has even tried to pay the WCC a huge buy in fee).   If we could get Denver and School of Mines, it would be a great rivalry, and the WCC could claim a part of the Denver Market (with 2 schools).

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

If BYU had a western partner, I could see BYU and the Sun Belt doing an annual 2 game deal.

@robe, would you agree with this idea?

Guest #1Stunner
On 8/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, #1Stunner said:

BYU really needs to focus on getting games in Texas.

CSU would be ideal, but they have a disaster on their hands right now.

Teams BYU needs to be negotiating with:

Texas Christian

Rice

Baylor

North Texas

SMU

@RSF

Would have preferred Texas Christian.

But it looks like BYU is mostly pursuing Texas Schools, which is a good thing.

UTSA and Texas State

chedule

On 8/12/2020 at 1:21 PM, cosinama said:

I was shocked to see that BYU didn’t get a Big 12 invite. I really thought they were in this time. 

They still need LGBTQ Certification. They also must agree to recertification every time an acronym is added to their name until the full projected build out is attained: LGBTQ-RSTUVWXYZ

kat.jpg

15 hours ago, robe said:

Florida st keeps popping up. 

Playing Jacksonville State....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
33 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

pfft ... Brett clearly doesn't know how to spell Alabama

If only the SEC had to agreed to play at least 1 OOC game... Sigh...

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

If only the SEC had to agreed to play at least 1 OOC game... Sigh...

BYU had a very good schedule this year before Covid, but at least it looks like you'll get to see your school play. 

And that Hilltopper mascot is pretty fun.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

BYU had a very good schedule this year before Covid, but at least it looks like you'll get to see your school play. 

And that Hilltopper mascot is pretty fun.

Here's the thing...

If BYU waits until the Spring, they'll have no one to schedule. 

The only P5s playing (maybe) will be the PAC12 and BIG...and they won't be playing OOC games.

The only G5s playing (maybe) will be the MWC and MAC, who also might only play a conference only schedule.  I guess NM State, UConn, and UMass could play too....

So I think BYU has to move forward right now.  CUSA, Sunbelt, and AAC are scheduling OOC games.  Given how bad of a coach Sitake is, this might actually be a winning season.  

Regardless, it will be an odd season.  The BYU games at Navy and Army won't even allow any fans.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Here's the thing...

If BYU waits until the Spring, they'll have no one to schedule. 

The only P5s playing (maybe) will be the PAC12 and BIG...and they won't be playing OOC games.

The only G5s playing (maybe) will be the MWC and MAC, who also might only play a conference only schedule.  I guess NM State, UConn, and UMass could play too....

So I think BYU has to move forward right now.  CUSA, Sunbelt, and AAC are scheduling OOC games.  Given how bad of a coach Sitake is, this might actually be a winning season.  

Regardless, it will be an odd season.  The BYU games at Navy and Army won't even allow any fans.

Great analysis 

The Masters 5k road race All American.