Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

BYU down to 6 games

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

They only need the field to play the game right ?

Probably right.  I don't think they need bleachers---not only this year, but ever.  

I'm surprised that San Jose State doesn't just move to the local soccer stadium, which is decent. 

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Probably right.  I don't think they need bleachers---not only this year, but ever.  

I'm surprised that San Jose State doesn't just move to the local soccer stadium, which is decent. 

Earthquakes Stadium has a natural turf field and the MLS regular season extends to October (and playoffs to November).  Can't have college football games ripping the turf up.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:06 AM, LoboMan59 said:

@#1Stunner, @robe, @HawaiiMongoosehit on something there... Maybe if BYU and ESPN showed up at MWC offices with a one time ESPN/BYU/MWC “pay to play” deal?

Offer any MWC school, 500k to pay at BYU, and say 300k for a game at a MWC school... pay amount is negotiable, but you know what i mean. 

If BYU is willing to $1 mil for a a game at Provo, we will pick up their bus fare to travel to our stadium.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

We'll trade you games for your TV truck and some of those cute cheerleaders. The unmarried ones. Female preferably. Wyoming needs women.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 7/31/2020 at 9:40 AM, #1Stunner said:

Worst thing about this season for BYU...

BYU had a very difficult schedule with some very good P5 lined up.   Was hoping that BYU would finish 2-10, and that it would be the catalyst to dump Sitake (or at least some of his inept asistants).

Now...instead, we might play a schedule of Liberty, UConn, and San Jose, and BYU will have a better record.   BYUtv / Holmoe will then be shouting that Sitake is an amazing coach and that BYU needs to give him a longer extension. 

Not a fan of Kilani ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, robe said:

What is ESPN doing. 

Houston will be an ESPN/ABC now. 

we have 2 more ESPN games plus an ESPN2 and an ESPNU and BYUtv game left to fill. 

It's a Friday night game.  Conventionally...no ABC.  ESPN Normal works great for both of Us. 

image.jpeg.1a336390b2ea9c3c75282925f092b415.jpeg       image.jpeg.d758d93f5449cb03f846f66c21b36a7f.jpeg    

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Big XII presidents will vote tomorrow apparently the split is pretty strong with a handful of schools wanting an attempt at a full season. The NCAA's vote on fall sports and the P5's shot across the bow will likely have some affect. My guess they break down and split the baby (guess who is strongest about the full season?). BYU may sneak out of this yet.

9+2 is my prediction, we'll see if that helps out BYU or not. I expect something similar to the ACC's rule about its +1 in that one of their games must be a home or in state game I would also expect they would require the games be the first two of the schedule and a buy week after those and before the conference season starts.

That way they have 14 days before conference to test and quarantine. They can cut the ooc games if the virus keeps going without effecting the conference play.  If that's the case its limited opportunities for BYU buy still some.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:28 AM, robe said:

There is always two sides to the story. BYU was treated like SDSU and Hawaii are now. All our damn games were put on the CBSsports or the MTN. When the contract was signed BYU had assurances that we would get rebroadcast rights. Believe me 500k BYU fans including myself all had BYUtv on ready to watch football that 1st weekend of the contract because nobody had those damn channels to start with.  We never had a game on national TV. BYU fans since 1980 had been able to watch all home games anywhere in the country. We were livid

When Utah and TCU left we had no reason to let Wyoming dictate to us what we could or couldn’t do. F Wyoming. We asked to stay in the MWC with a 5 or 6 game football scheduling agreement. Wyoming got a few schools but not the majority to block this. WAC told us yes and Wyoming did it’s thing. This behavior began in an airport years ago. At long last Wyoming finally destroyed WAC football. It took them 2 attempts. 

Apparently Shortly before the MWC talked with Gonzaga the MWC finally told Wyoming to F off and play BYU. Along with this they reached out to BYU about rejoining on similar terms that BYU had originally asked for. I can only assume at the time BYU thought they had a B12 membership coming and didn’t want to abandon the WCC. So the discussion were short with a quick no thank you from BYU. We prefer Gonzaga being our overlord rather than Fing Wyoming. 

good for BSU standing up to Wyoming and it’s diminishing allies. 

I did not live in Utah when BYU was in the MWC. I lived in California and the Northwest during that time. I was usually able to watch 2 or 3 games most seasons...on Versus. I had Comcast TV and didn't even have the option to purchase the Mtn Network. It wasn't available in CALIFORNIA or OREGON.

I had to "watch" most games by listening to the radio broadcast and follow the internet gamecast - you know, where there is a little ball that moves back and forth on a little digital field and *script* describes what is going on in the game. This was still happening in 2010.

I know times have changed, but that is how BYU fans were treated in the MWC right before the move to independence. 

On 8/3/2020 at 9:27 AM, YNot said:

I did not live in Utah when BYU was in the MWC. I lived in California and the Northwest during that time. I was usually able to watch 2 or 3 games most seasons...on Versus. I had Comcast TV and didn't even have the option to purchase the Mtn Network. It wasn't available in CALIFORNIA or OREGON.

I had to "watch" most games by listening to the radio broadcast and follow the internet gamecast - you know, where there is a little ball that moves back and forth on a little digital field and *script* describes what is going on in the game. This was still happening in 2010.

I know times have changed, but that is how BYU fans were treated in the MWC right before the move to independence. 

Umm...the same as everyone else.

Guest #1Stunner
On 8/3/2020 at 9:27 AM, YNot said:

BYUtv has been one of the most popular sports channels in the WCC since it started up.

I can ony imagine that the MWC would like the exposure of BYUtv---even if for 1 season.  

Guest #1Stunner
On 8/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, Spaztecs said:

They only need the field to play the game right ?

Yes, you are absolutely correct on that. 

Last I checked B.Y.Who is not a member of the Mtn. West Conference.  So their problem (or problems) is of zero concern to me.    And should not be of any concern to any school or fan in the MWC.    B.Y.Who is like that weird uncle that shows up uninvited for Christmas or Thanksgiving that everyone wishes would just disappear forever.   That same weird uncle who thinks he's a legend (somehow) rather than just an embarrassment.

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Last I checked B.Y.Who is not a member of the Mtn. West Conference.  So their problem (or problems) is of zero concern to me.    And should not be of any concern to any school or fan in the MWC.    B.Y.Who is like that weird uncle that shows up uninvited for Christmas or Thanksgiving that everyone wishes would just disappear forever.   That same weird uncle who thinks he's a legend (somehow) rather than just an embarrassment.

image.png.843c24a325823c68a47f24ce61a1c090.png

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Nice job of proving my point nitwit.   BYWho and their nutjob fans are that WEIRD UNCLE who nobody wants.

We will CRUSH BOISE, and send them home crying to their Potato Picking MAMAS!!!!

167652-1024__08461.1572332472.jpg?c=2?im

Guest #1Stunner
On 7/31/2020 at 12:33 AM, Warbow said:

I still think we should kick out Wyoming for running BYU out of the MWC.

You are the most honest poster I've ever seen.