Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

BYU down to 6 games

It is now time to panic. FCS team on schedule probably won’t happen either. Only a couple of Independents in a worse spot. I assume the FCS, Sunbelt and MAC will try to play in the spring. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 minutes ago, robe said:

Holmoe finally needs to have a talk with Craig. 

They already talking...

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest #1Stunner
36 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You know, honestly, I think we should play nice with BYU and let them play a full Mwc schedule on the condition that all the games are played on sundays. 

OK.  But we'd need to play our game against San Jose at your Junior College.... 

San Jose took down the dirt berm and doesn't have a stadium until 2023.

Guest #1Stunner
59 minutes ago, robe said:

Holmoe finally needs to have a talk with Craig. 

The MWC needs to step up and help BYU.

There is a pretty good chance the season will be cancelled for everyone. If not, I am sure they can find enough G5 teams with open slots due to the P5's only playing conference games that they can cobble together a schedule this year.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The MWC needs to step up and help BYU.

Friend, I told you John David will honor our game at Provo this year and I will be there with a cougar tail and a root beer in hand. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Friend, I told you John David will honor our game at Provo this year and I will be there with a cougar tail and a root beer in hand. 

You are an honorary BYU fan and a dear friend.

I still think we should kick out Wyoming for running BYU out of the MWC.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

8 hours ago, RambleOn said:

The MWC doesn't need to do shit for a program that left the conference high and dry.

william-h-bonney-young-guns-1988-6060.jpg

There is always two sides to the story. BYU was treated like SDSU and Hawaii are now. All our damn games were put on the CBSsports or the MTN. When the contract was signed BYU had assurances that we would get rebroadcast rights. Believe me 500k BYU fans including myself all had BYUtv on ready to watch football that 1st weekend of the contract because nobody had those damn channels to start with.  We never had a game on national TV. BYU fans since 1980 had been able to watch all home games anywhere in the country. We were livid

When Utah and TCU left we had no reason to let Wyoming dictate to us what we could or couldn’t do. F Wyoming. We asked to stay in the MWC with a 5 or 6 game football scheduling agreement. Wyoming got a few schools but not the majority to block this. WAC told us yes and Wyoming did it’s thing. This behavior began in an airport years ago. At long last Wyoming finally destroyed WAC football. It took them 2 attempts. 

Apparently Shortly before the MWC talked with Gonzaga the MWC finally told Wyoming to F off and play BYU. Along with this they reached out to BYU about rejoining on similar terms that BYU had originally asked for. I can only assume at the time BYU thought they had a B12 membership coming and didn’t want to abandon the WCC. So the discussion were short with a quick no thank you from BYU. We prefer Gonzaga being our overlord rather than Fing Wyoming. 

good for BSU standing up to Wyoming and it’s diminishing allies. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.