Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamDFW

Basketball Power Rankings

17 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone think the season will start on time? I can see it being two warmup scrimmages and conference only games starting in mid January. 

I don’t think it’ll start on time but think early January is latest for games. 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Consensus around the country is Boise>UNLV.  

UNLV just does not have the athletes of the Boise's and SDSU's of the conference.

#FireOtz

16 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

UNLV just does not have the athletes of the Boise's and SDSU's of the conference.

@ph90702 and @halfmanhalfbronco discussing UNLV players star ratings...

TgiUrr1.gif

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

23 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise has played 7 games in the history of the NCAA tournament and lost all of them.

The consensus around the country is that some field mice have more basketball history than Boise j.c.

Just now, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Boise has played 7 games in the history of the NCAA tournament and lost all of them.

The consensus around the country is that some field mice have more basketball history than Boise j.c.

We have been a better program than Wyoming since joining the MWC.

I am sure 2002 feels just like yesterday to you though, boomer.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:24 PM, soupslam1 said:

Anyone think the season will start on time? I can see it being two warmup scrimmages and conference only games starting in mid January. 

Yes.  We will see a full season with 25%-50% capacity for games.  Coronavirus cases peaked in the US on July 17th.

47 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And yet we have a better program than Wyoming, go figure.

No you don't. You have a better team, currently.

Wyoming has a Helm's National title in 34, a regular national title in 43, TWO NCAA Player of the Year awards, an NCAA tournament MVP trophy, way more conference championship trophies than Boise, way more players that played in the NBA, Wyoming invented the jump shot, and Wyoming has been relevant in more than one decade. 

You guys should compare yourself to San Jose. They're more like you: never won an NCAA tournament game.

Boise has absolutely nothing better than Wyoming's basketball program, aside from the current team was better LAST season.

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And Wyoming is a dumpster fire.  2002 was a long time ago.

2015 wasn't. We won the conference tournament.

2002 might have been a long time ago, NEVER is a lot longer than 18 years. You guys have never won an NCAA tournament game.

Boise is a basketball dumpster fire historically. It's hard to find many teams out of 360+ that have accomplished less at basketball than Boise. To date, your biggest accomplishment is winning a conference title. 

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

No you don't. You have a better team, currently.

Wyoming has a Helm's National title in 34, a regular national title in 43, TWO NCAA Player of the Year awards, an NCAA tournament MVP trophy, way more conference championship trophies than Boise, way more players that played in the NBA, and Wyoming has been relevant in more than one decade. 

You guys should compare yourself to San Jose. They're more like you: never won an NCAA tournament game.

Boise has absolutely nothing better than Wyoming's basketball program, aside from the current team was better LAST season.

Ahh yes, I bet that 34 title was a thrill to watch for you.

We recruit better, we have been consistently better since joining the conference, we are set up better for the future.  

I am sure you think Yale has a better football program than Oregon.  

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ahh yes, I bet that 34 title was a thrill to watch for you.

We recruit better, we have been consistently better since joining the conference, we are set up better for the future.  

I am sure you think Yale has a better football program than Oregon.  

Rice has been there for 10 years, out spending every team in the league, and so far his biggest accomplishment is he won a conference title.

You don't recruit better, Wyoming ranked 1st in the league in recruiting this year. You might have recruited better last year, not this one.

The only thing Boise has on Wyoming basketball is that you were better last year. That's all.

Wake us all up if you guys actually go to the Dance and win a game.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Jack Graham said:

Rice has been there for 10 years, out spending every team in the league, and so far his biggest accomplishment is he won a conference title.

You don't recruit better, Wyoming ranked 1st in the league in recruiting this year. You might have recruited better last year, not this one.

The only thing Boise has on Wyoming basketball is that you were better last year. That's all.

Wake us all up if you guys actually go to the Dance and win a game.

Lol Wut.

We have been better than Wyoming since joining this conference.  Consistently better.

We do recruit better, bringing in transfers is part of recruiting.  \

Congrats on being good before Black people were allowed to play, though.