Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Trump calling to delay the election

1 minute ago, azgreg said:

Grassley is the pro tempore now but in this scenario the dems would have control of the senate so a dem would become the pro tempore.

Would they? Is there anyone in the dem caucus that could martial all the votes and crush the dissent and ambitions of other senators? Maybe, but looking at the Democratic Party I doubt it. I suspect you’d see factions within the parties and the consensus would come from a coalition not built upon party lines.

Not that it would matter. If it ever got to that we’re +++++ed. It’d be just a bunch of old goats far away, deciding who controls the army.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

This is comedy in its highest degrees. According to leftists it’s unsafe to go to work, school, church, bars, restaurants, airplanes, busses, sporting events, parks, play on playground equipment, weddings, be with your loved ones when they die, BUT when Trump suggests perhaps we all shouldn’t go out and vote then you get this thread. Lol. This thread should be in a TDS exhibit in a museum. Hypocrisy so thick you can cut it with a knife

:alcoholic:

21 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Trump knows how to trigger the left and is probably enjoying the ignorant reactions as much as I am.   He knows it's never going to happen.

Admit, trump knows nothing of the constitution & probably tosses out crap just to stir up the left and also his adoring base loves any lies to comes up with..........also the timing was within minutes of the economic downturn news being the worst in history, so trump also tosses crap out to distract from other news that is not in his favor 

24 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Trump knows how to trigger the left and is probably enjoying the ignorant reactions as much as I am.   He knows it's never going to happen.

He triggered the right also.

Mitch McConnell - "Never in the history of the country, through wars, depressions and the Civil War, have we ever not had a federally-scheduled election on time. We'll find a way to do that again this November 3rd,"

Kevin McCarthy - "Never in the history of federal elections have we ever not held an election and we should go forward with our election. No way should we ever not hold our election on the day that we have it."

John Barrasso - "No, we are not going to delay the election. We're going to have the election completed and voting completed by Election Day."

Ted Cruz - "I’m concerned about election fraud. But we should not delay the elections."

Marco Rubio - “He can suggest whatever he wants. The law is what it is. We’re going to have an election that’s legitimate, it’s going to be credible, it’s going to be the same as we’ve always done it.”

Chuck Grassely - “It doesn’t matter what one individual in this country says. We still are a country based on the rule of law. And we must follow the law until either the Constitution is changed or until the law is changed.”

And from the DRUDGE REPORT headlines - "TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY CLINGS TO POWER"

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

I’m not sure how it would work. Trump and Pence would no longer be Pres/VP.  Pelosi is 3rd in line so I guess she would become the President until an election is held. Although the electors in the electoral college are what matter.  We can not have an election in November and still select a president. 

To hell with that old bag also!  Pelosi is Trump with a vagina on the opposite side of the political spectrum imho

The incredible swings this country has taken in recent elections is remarkable. I believe we are in for some significant changes.

Voting rights. Ending the filibuster. Reversing the damage done by the small fingers vulgarian.

One of the Final Five..........

The cofounder of the federalist society, who voted Trump in 2016 says Trump needs to be impeached and removed over this 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/opinion/trump-delay-election-coronavirus.html

I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.

If Trump has lost the Federalist Society, he’s done.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 hours ago, NVGiant said:

He’s playing 40-D chess. 

Or applying WD-40 to his chest. Which when taken with bleach while mainlining hydroxychloroquine and shoving a UV bulb up one's ass totally cures the COVID.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

28 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

He triggered the right also.

Mitch McConnell - "Never in the history of the country, through wars, depressions and the Civil War, have we ever not had a federally-scheduled election on time. We'll find a way to do that again this November 3rd,"

Kevin McCarthy - "Never in the history of federal elections have we ever not held an election and we should go forward with our election. No way should we ever not hold our election on the day that we have it."

John Barrasso - "No, we are not going to delay the election. We're going to have the election completed and voting completed by Election Day."

Ted Cruz - "I’m concerned about election fraud. But we should not delay the elections."

Marco Rubio - “He can suggest whatever he wants. The law is what it is. We’re going to have an election that’s legitimate, it’s going to be credible, it’s going to be the same as we’ve always done it.”

Chuck Grassely - “It doesn’t matter what one individual in this country says. We still are a country based on the rule of law. And we must follow the law until either the Constitution is changed or until the law is changed.”

And from the DRUDGE REPORT headlines - "TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY CLINGS TO POWER"

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The cofounder of the federalist society, who voted Trump in 2016 says Trump needs to be impeached and removed over this 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/opinion/trump-delay-election-coronavirus.html

If Trump has lost the Federalist Society, he’s done.  

I never gave credence to the thought that he might step aside, but looking at this...no, still no. Why tf would anything good ever happen.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Looks like President Cheetodick Twatwaffle the Third is doubling down on his daily dose of stupid:

trump is on a crusade to set up that this election will be full of fraud - not sure who he's appealing to with this idiocy except the lame brains that make up his base