mugtang

Trump calling to delay the election

Phuck everything about that 

It’s ok for Trump to vote by mail but not others.  Hypocrisy at its finest.  

• Like 4
  • Cheers 2

I wonder what the reaction would be if Obama did that

• Like 3

But schools and bars are safe.

Trump doesn't have the power to this though. Congress are the only ones who can.

30 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Phuck everything about that 

It’s ok for Trump to vote by mail but not others.  Hypocrisy at its finest.  

TDS indeed. Meanwhile, here in reality, universal mail-in balloting will once again go off without a hitch in Oregon, and Trump’s fate will be tied to whether or not enough people stay home because they don’t want to wait in line for 12 hours and/or get sick in places like Wisconsin and Georgia.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, youngredbullfan said:

I wonder what the reaction would be if Obama did that

Oh I'm sure everyone would just shrug it off because it's just talk and you know old Barry.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

trump does another one of his chicken dropping moves: he's not suggesting, he's "just asking"...  he gets all of us talking about it so he can claim credit if it works or plausibly deny it and call us TDS suffering idiots for running away with an idea he just 'put out there' or some other hogwash.

i say piff.  piff and twaddle to that guy.

• Like 4

Part of me thinks that this is at least in part to distract from the economic information coming out today.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Part of me thinks that this is at least in part to distract from the economic information coming out today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Oh I'm sure everyone would just shrug it off because it's just talk and you know old Barry.

They would totally take him literally. ODS syndrome. Geez. I do have to say, I love Barry’s policies, but gosh darn it, I wish he’d stop saying these things over Twitter. It really makes the good policies harder to celebrate by shining a light on all the actually awful things he wants to do.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He’s playing 40-D chess. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

TDS indeed. Meanwhile, here in reality, universal mail-in balloting will once again go off without a hitch in Oregon, and Trump’s fate will be tied to whether or not enough people stay home because they don’t want to wait in line for 12 hours and/or get sick in places like Wisconsin and Georgia.

Ditto for Washington.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

But schools and bars are safe.

Trump doesn't have the power to this though. Congress are the only ones who can.

I am pretty sure congress can't either. It would take a constitutional amendment requiring 2/3 of the states to sign on. Doesn't the constitution spell out the day the election is on? 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

I am pretty sure congress can't either. It would take a constitutional amendment requiring 2/3 of the states to sign on. Doesn't the constitution spell out the day the election is on? 

No. The date is set by Congress.  The constitution says his term ends 1/20/2021.

19 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Ditto for Washington.  

same for Utah, a state Trump won in 2016

so its safe enough for kids to go back to school, but it isn't safe enough for an election? Pretzel logic.

• Like 2

I recall reading that if Trump managed to somehow suspend the election, Pat Leahy would become President

2 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I recall reading that if Trump managed to somehow suspend the election, Pat Leahy would become President

I’m not sure how it would work. Trump and Pence would no longer be Pres/VP.  Pelosi is 3rd in line so I guess she would become the President until an election is held. Although the electors in the electoral college are what matter.  We can not have an election in November and still select a president. 

Well these comments aged poorly.

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m not sure how it would work. Trump and Pence would no longer be Pres/VP.  Pelosi is 3rd in line so I guess she would become the President until an election is held. Although the electors in the electoral college are what matter.  We can not have an election in November and still select a president. 

It was a few months ago and the article could have very well been bullshit, I honestly don't know, and I didn't really care since I'm not concerned about it happening.

Basically they said we would no longer have a President or VP, nor a House of Representatives since every member would have their term expire. The presidency would then go to the longest serving member of the majority party in the senate. The Senate would only have 67 elected members though, and the rest would be appointed by governors where The Democrats apparently have the edge in those 33 states.

Again though, I acknowledge this could all be bullshit. We never went down that far the rabbit hole in high schools civics classes.