Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Who do you think Biden will pick as his VP?

Who will Biden's VP pick be?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Votr!

• Stacey Abrams
    • Tammy Baldwin
    • Karen Bass
    • Keisha Lance Bottoms
    • Val Demings
    • Tammy Duckworth
    • Michelle Lujan Grisham
    • Kamala Harris
    • Susan Rice
    • Elizabeth Warren
    • Gretchen Whitmer

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Actually, Obama left him with an increasing deficit, Trump started in 2017. There are several reasons for the increase under Trump. The trade war beginning in 2018 had a bad effect on the economy. For example, Trump has had to pay the farmers billions that he wouldn’t have had to not taking on China. Pretty ballsy thing to do being that no one has had them balls to try it because it’s high risk, high reward. Trump knew it was going to damage the economy but hoping that voters would be understanding about it. We have a Phase 1 deal done, but Phase 2 will have to be done if he wins because China would be off the hook if Biden wins. 

Other reasons for the deficit include increasing the military budget close to 100 billion to give pay increases to all military personnel, and to catch up with China on missile technology. Obama let China get to missile supremacy over us and some other areas we’re seriously behind. There also working on the next generation stealth fighter plane, the FA-37 Talon. The tax cuts also contributed some to it, but the trade war and then covid ruined any kind of serious stimulus from it. We won’t mention the 2 million or so jobs Obama created using his $800 billion or so to create them. Obama’s economic team said each job ended up costing $285,000, but independent analysis has the number more like $500,000 to several million per job. Ouch! There are some other reasons, but my brain is fried right now. 

Reasons or excuses.  At the end of the day even if you remove the one time Covid expenses Trump has exploded the budget deficit.   

25 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Hypothetical question time - if Biden chose Kasich as running mate, could he win your vote?

I wonder what the implications would be with that - could he win enough moderates to make up for the left wingers that might sit it out?

Lol no. Nobody gaf about John Kasich, left or right.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

28 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Hypothetical question time - if Biden chose Kasich as running mate, could he win your vote?

I wonder what the implications would be with that - could he win enough moderates to make up for the left wingers that might sit it out?

I'm thinking the moderates may be the most likely group to sit this one out.  They have no where to turn.  And sadly, there is no viable, third party option.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

51 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Since I wrote in Kasich as my vote in '16, yeah.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

14 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Trump was not my guy in 2016, and you know that. I voted for Kasich, and I’ve said it a million times. When Trump got the nomination, I said I wanted Trump to win, then get impeached immediately so Kasich could come in and take over.

:icon_clueless::icon_picknose:

5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

If Biden wins it will be interesting to see who Newsom promotes to the big leagues. Maybe Becerra? 

Schiff

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

29 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I'm thinking the moderates may be the most likely group to sit this one out.  They have no where to turn.

I'm a moderate and if I could vote infinite times I'd spend all day on Nov. 3 getting in line to cast one vote after another against Mr. Grumpy, the Master of Disaster.

Just now, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Kamala is fine. It could have been the robot maid from the Jetsons and it wouldn’t have changed anyone’s mind. Let’s see her wreck pence in a debate now.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it.

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Schiff

Doubt it. Right or wrong, In this political climate there is an almost zero chance Harris is replaced with a white dude. I’m guessing Becerra and Padilla will be top contenders. Maybe Bass.