Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Local TV stations across the country set to air discredited 'Plandemic' researcher's conspiracy theory about Fauci

Local television stations owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group are set to air a conspiracy theory over the weekend that suggests Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top expert on infectious diseases, was responsible for the creation of the coronavirus.

The baseless conspiracy theory is set to air on stations across the country in a segment during the program "America This Week" hosted by Eric Bolling. The show, which is posted online before it is broadcast over the weekend, is distributed to Sinclair Broadcast Group's network of local television stations, one of the largest in the country. A survey by Pew Research Group earlier this year showed that local news was a vital source of information on the coronavirus for many Americans, and more trusted than the media overall.

In this week's episode of the show, Bolling spoke with Judy Mikovits, the medical researcher featured in the discredited "Plandemic" video that went viral earlier this year and which was banned from platforms such as Facebook and YouTube. Throughout the segment, the on-screen graphic read, "DID DR. FAUCI CREATE COVID-19?"

Bolling also spoke with Mikovits' attorney, Larry Klayman, a right-wing lawyer who also has a history of pushing misinformation and representing conspiracy theorists.

During the interview Mikovits told Bolling that Fauci had over the past decade "manufactured" and shipped coronaviruses to Wuhan, China, which became the original epicenter of the current outbreak. Bolling noted that this was a "hefty claim," but did not meaningfully challenge Mikovits and allowed her to continue making her case.

Klayman, who did not respond to a request for comment, also pushed conspiracy theories about the coronavirus. He said the "origins" of the virus were in the United States. Bolling didn't meaningfully challenge Klayman either.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/media/sinclair-fauci-conspiracy-bolling/index.html

Phucking Sinclair... this is damned phucking dangerous.

I just checked and this is airing at 6 am here locally on Sunday.  Not exactly prime time.  This is an example of the media hyping something that didn’t need to be hyped and now it’s going to get more views/recordings because of the media hype.  If CNN didn’t publish this then there probably would be 15 people who watched this.  Now it’s going to get tens of thousands of views. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I just checked and this is airing at 6 am here locally on Sunday.  Not exactly prime time.  This is an example of the media hyping something that didn’t need to be hyped and now it’s going to get more views/recordings because of the media hype.  If CNN didn’t publish this then there probably would be 15 people who watched this.  Now it’s going to get tens of thousands of views. 

It's airing primetime in a number of their stations out here.

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/media/sinclair-fauci-conspiracy-bolling/index.html

Phucking Sinclair... this is damned phucking dangerous.

Steve Bannon had a lot to do with orchestrating this. It was just a couple of years ago that Sinclair bought a lot of  these local stations across the country.  They were set up just for this sort of thing.  If it wasn't for Covid-19 they probably would have aired a different subject with misinformation, in time for the election.  Let's hope America is smarter than this.

Bannon's influence hasn't always been successful however.  Recall he stumped for Roy Moore and got embarrassed.  He got his ass thrown out of Italy for trying to push nationalism, forgetting that they remember Mussolini.  That guy's bad mischief fits right in with Trump's lack of ethics.   

7 minutes ago, aztech said:

Steve Bannon had a lot to do with orchestrating this. It was just a couple of years ago that Sinclair bought a lot of  these local stations across the country.  They were set up just for this sort of thing.  If it wasn't for Covid-19 they probably would have aired a different subject with misinformation, in time for the election.  Let's hope America is smarter than this.

Bannon's influence hasn't always been successful however.  Recall he stumped for Roy Moore and got embarrassed.  He got his ass thrown out of Italy for trying to push nationalism, forgetting that they remember Mussolini.  That guy's bad mischief fits right in with Trump's lack of ethics.   

We have the main Lincoln Project guys to thank for Roy Moore's defeat in Alabama... they went HARD at him during that election.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I dunno about that, Mug.  I don't know to what extent, but lots of people watch local stations for local news.  KRON tv in SF is an example.  They connect with the local broadcasters.  I think it's good that a national cable network (CNN) pointed out the fallacy before it becomes a groundswell.   

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

We have the main Lincoln Project guys to thank for Roy Moore's defeat in Alabama... they went HARD at him during that election.

I think we have the voters in Alabama to thank for that. Pretty sure they aren’t the Lincoln Project’s targeted audience. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think we have the voters in Alabama to thank for that. Pretty sure they aren’t the Lincoln Project’s targeted audience. 

They weren't the Lincoln Project back then, and a number of them were the driving force behind the majority of the anti-Moore ads pointing out how sick and creepy the dude is.

15 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Just send the secret police to my house to kill me already.

What’s your address?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, aztech said:

They were set up just for this sort of thing.  If it wasn't for Covid-19 they probably would have aired a different subject with misinformation, in time for the election.  Let's hope America is smarter than this.

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Trump's base, Qanon, Scientology, Facism, Communism, Nazism, and other propagandist ideologues strongly disagree with you.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor