Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Pentagon Expected to Release Info. Tomorrow on Recovered UFO Aerial Vehicles & Materials Not Made On Earth

1 minute ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Actually when it comes to pimping creatures from above, it's usually these kinds of keepers:

https://promisekeepers.org/promise-keepers/about-us-2/

My dad took me to one of those events when I was 13, and I thought it was really phucking weird even back then... and that's when I was all gung ho about religion.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

My dad took me to one of those events when I was 13, and I thought it was really phucking weird even back then... and that's when I was all gung ho about religion.

Kudos for eventually seeing the light.

All anyone should need to know about that organization is one of its founders was Bill McCartney, a massive hypocrite.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:47 AM, retrofade said:

From that page i learned that there is a group called "iron sharpens iron". 

I know it's based on a biblical passage but... do they know that that is wrong? That iron dulls iron, and so their take on that passage is almost certainly 100% incorrect?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 7/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, AztecSU said:

The only way alien visitation is real is if they've mastered time travel or light speed travel and relativistic side effects....even at light speed the travel distances are massive. I'm pretty sure there are mathematicians out there who have said it almost equally as likely that these vehicles are from future human civilizations as from aliens race from across the galaxy(if they are foreign at all).

Negative energy.  

On 7/24/2020 at 10:57 AM, mugtang said:

I posted the math in another thread but if the odds of a planet developing intelligent life (at our level) was a long the lines of 1 in 1 quadrillion there would be 7,000 (approximately) intelligent civilizations in our observable universe.  But it also means we are alone in our galaxy and our local group. It also means we will never contact them because of the vast distances between us.   I think the odds of it are better than that though.  

I do not think your math takes into account all variables and it makes light of time.  I remember that post.

First IIRC it did not take into account that most feel moons are the best habitat for ETI, not solar orbiting planets.  Second, one in six star systems could host a planet capable of harboring life. https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/kepler/news/17-percent-of-stars-have-earth-size-planets.html

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I do not think your math takes into account all variables and it makes light of time.  I remember that post.

First IIRC it did not take into account that most feel moons are the best habitat for ETI, not solar orbiting planets.  Second, one in six star systems could host a planet capable of harboring life. https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/kepler/news/17-percent-of-stars-have-earth-size-planets.html

I was just spit balling when I did the math to show even if it’s beyond lottery odds to get to our level of intelligence there’s no way we’re alone in the universe. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I was just spit balling when I did the math to show even if it’s beyond lottery odds to get to our level of intelligence there’s no way we’re alone in the universe. 

I think the odds are a lot lower than you calculated for a multitude of reasons.   Moons being a big one.  Then there is time to factor in.  At a certain point a species will learn to harness negative energy, when that happens, distance becomes far less of (still a major) factor.

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think the odds are a lot lower than you calculated for a multitude of reasons.   Moons being a big one.  Then there is time to factor in.  At a certain point a species will learn to harness negative energy, when that happens, distance becomes far less of (still a major) factor.

We harness loads of negative energy just on our little message board every day!

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Based on my math there are approximately 7,000 intelligent species in the observable Universe. That’s one civilization for every 24,000,000 galaxies, give or take.  I hope the odds are better than that.  Although when you look at the age of the universe and it’s life expectancy we are currently in the infancy of the Universe which means we are probably one of the earliest civilizations, which means the galaxy and our local group are ours to do with as we please. We just need to figure out negative energy.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

We harness loads of negative energy just on our little message board every day!

boom smile GIF

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Based on my math there are approximately 7,000 intelligent species in the observable Universe. That’s one civilization for every 24,000,000 galaxies, give or take.  I hope the odds are better than that.  Although when you look at the age of the universe and it’s life expectancy we are currently in the infancy of the Universe which means we are probably one of the earliest civilizations, which means the galaxy and our local group are ours to do with as we please. We just need to figure out negative energy.

Show your math please?  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Show your math please?  

For which part?  I’m going to have to go to my computer and excel to do it I just need to know which one you want to see again. 

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Check that, share which variables you are calculating.

I have to go back to that original post to check my variables.  Give me a few to find it.

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Check that, share which variables you are calculating.

Here's the original post and I calc'd 10,000 civilizations.

Based on this and if I remember correctly my variables were as follows:

Odds of any given star in the Universe developing intelligent life: 1:100,000,000,000,000,000

Average number of stars in a galaxy: 1,000,000,000 (estimates vary, some say it's 100,000,000 others say it's several billion on average)

Number of galaxies in the observable Universe: 1,000,000,000,000 (estimates between 170 billion and 2 trillion for galaxies in the observable Universe)

Which gives you 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the observable Universe which is 10,000 civilizations at our level of intelligence assuming 1 in 100 quadrillion odds of developing human level intelligence.  

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Here's the original post and I calc'd 10,000 civilizations.

Based on this and if I remember correctly my variables were as follows:

Odds of any given star in the Universe developing intelligent life: 1:100,000,000,000,000,000

Average number of stars in a galaxy: 1,000,000,000 (estimates vary, some say it's 100,000,000 others say it's several billion on average)

Number of galaxies in the observable Universe: 1,000,000,000,000 (estimates between 170 billion and 2 trillion for galaxies in the observable Universe)

Which gives you 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the observable Universe which gives you 10,000 civilizations at our level of intelligence.  

That is where you went wrong IMHO.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is where you went wrong IMHO.

Do you think the odds are lower than that?  That's 1 in 100 quadrillion for the odds of intelligent life developing.  I thought that was low TBH

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, far far far lower

If you say its 1:100 quintillion then the number drops to 10 and anything lower than that it means we are more than likely alone in the Universe.