Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

Let's face it

3 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

Not mocking your history just enjoy the way you relish the past.  Reminds me of the old guy coffee klatch and the reminiscing that goes on.  Stay classy Boise.....you’ve almost achieved BYU status.....another great program from the annals of the conference BTW.💋

The past is great.  Arguably my favorite Boise season though is 2017.  Not nearly our best team but arguably our mentally toughest.  Overcame early season setbacks to win the conference and do butt stuff to Oregon in the bowl game.

3 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Same same for UNLV.

serious lincoln chafee GIF

Except Boise's last sub .500 season was 1997

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The past is great.  Arguably my favorite Boise season though is 2017.  Not nearly our best team but arguably our mentally toughest.  Overcame early season setbacks to win the conference and do butt stuff to Oregon in the bowl game.

Was a good year and a great win!  I hate to admit but one of my favorite games, other than Wyo, was the BSU/OU bowl game.....really a classic.  I really am a fan of all the teams in the conference and,  cough cough, even root for the little sisters just over the border out of conference!  I hope the season goes and am liking forward to seeing BSU in Laramie!

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

8 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

Was a good year and a great win!  I hate to admit but one of my favorite games, other than Wyo, was the BSU/OU bowl game.....really a classic.  I really am a fan of all the teams in the conference and,  cough cough, even root for the little sisters just over the border out of conference!  I hope the season goes and am liking forward to seeing BSU in Laramie!

Anybody who roots for a conference member to lose OOC is the worst type of person.  At least in the G5 ranks.

5 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Not true I think it's awesome Wyoming had that great year

Like I said.....another butthurt Boise bro that doesn’t realize there are other program in the conference that have had success..  you know very well tha Wyo and others have had good and bad seasons.  I would hope that you would want more success by MWC teams as that would only improve your standing.....if you want to take a jab at me or the Pokes go for it.  The inference was that I don’t believe the mighty Donks ever finished that high.  Keep fluffing!💋

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Anybody who roots for a conference member to lose OOC is the worst type of person.  At least in the G5 ranks.

Couldn’t ever find my way to root for YBU any time but did have an interesting discussion over dinner one evening with a Boston sportswriter right before New Year about YBY the WAC and why he should cast his vote for them the year they won their Natty....it hurt but I Took one for the WAC.  He never would tell me how he voted so I’m thinking I needed to buy more rounds than him.

57 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The first time I remember seeing Boise on tv was 2004, the Liberty Bowl. Always wondered why you and Louisville don't play each other more.  Both bowl games ('99 the other) were exciting

39 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

Like I said.....another butthurt Boise bro that doesn’t realize there are other program in the conference that have had success..  you know very well tha Wyo and others have had good and bad seasons.  I would hope that you would want more success by MWC teams as that would only improve your standing.....if you want to take a jab at me or the Pokes go for it.  The inference was that I don’t believe the mighty Donks ever finished that high.  Keep fluffing!💋

Wtf are you talking about? When did I take a jab at you or Wyoming? I literally just said you should be proud of the past success

I think, therefore I'm.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:
1 hour ago, Pokes Forever said:

Sonny had 3 top 25 finishes in 14 years.  Harsin has 4 in 6 years.  These years you mock, would be the best run of all time for any MWC team. If you go back the last 14 years (duration of Sonny) for Boise you have 10 top 25 finishes.

As I said, I mock none of the programs in the Conf but you have a tendency to downplay the history and accomplishments of the Conf.  CSU managed to keep Lubick in a conference that was much more competitive than it is today....Utah, TCU, BYU were all perennial powerhouses So much so that had they stayed the MWC would have been a Power Conference.  So yes Sonny was one of the great coaches in the conference. Not to mention he stayed at CSU when Miami came calling during their heyday.  He came to CSU from the Hurricanes so a lot of folks in FOCO were on pins and needles until he turned them down.  Different era with different circumstances....it pains me but sonny deserves his legend status.  Just like Ben Martin at AF, LaVelle Edwards at YBU, Rocky at UNM and SUDS and Chris Petersen at Boise.  Tough to say how they’d stack up today just like it’s tough to say how Harsin would stack up against the WAC teams of bygone years.

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Not true I think it's awesome Wyoming had that great year

Reread your statement....we’ve had many great seasons, maybe not to the extent of BSU success.  Enjoy denigrating the conference you call home.  We’ve suffered thru some horrible coaching hires that began with the firing of a racist coach as the result of the racist practices of a then conference member.  You have not had to endure such frustration and I hope Boise never makes a bad hire.....it would be a shame for the blue alter to get cracked.  Keep fluffing💋

4 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

Reread your statement....we’ve had many great seasons, maybe not to the extent of BSU success.  Enjoy denigrating the conference you call home.  We’ve suffered thru some horrible coaching hires that began with the firing of a racist coach as the result of the racist practices of a then conference member.  You have not had to endure such frustration and I hope Boise never makes a bad hire.....it would be a shame for the blue alter to get cracked.  Keep fluffing💋

Christ you're insecure! Was that not Wyoming's greatest season? Learn to take a compliment!

I think, therefore I'm.

7 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Christ you're insecure! Was that not Wyoming's greatest season? Learn to take a compliment!

If you’re really not that bright I apologize but it seems you Couldn’t get any of your Boise Bullies to back you on you offhanded derogatory comment so now you’re trying to play it off.  I get it.....dig up some more stats that mean nothing and post them....forum needs the clicks.  How about that JUCO natty!  Keep fluffing,💋

14 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

If you’re really not that bright I apologize but it seems you Couldn’t get any of your Boise Bullies to back you on you offhanded derogatory comment so now you’re trying to play it off.  I get it.....dig up some more stats that mean nothing and post them....forum needs the clicks.  How about that JUCO natty!  Keep fluffing,💋

🤣🤣🤣 triggered much?

I think, therefore I'm.

1 hour ago, Pokes Forever said:

As I said, I mock none of the programs in the Conf but you have a tendency to downplay the history and accomplishments of the Conf.  CSU managed to keep Lubick in a conference that was much more competitive than it is today....Utah, TCU, BYU were all perennial powerhouses So much so that had they stayed the MWC would have been a Power Conference.  So yes Sonny was one of the great coaches in the conference. Not to mention he stayed at CSU when Miami came calling during their heyday.  He came to CSU from the Hurricanes so a lot of folks in FOCO were on pins and needles until he turned them down.  Different era with different circumstances....it pains me but sonny deserves his legend status.  Just like Ben Martin at AF, LaVelle Edwards at YBU, Rocky at UNM and SUDS and Chris Petersen at Boise.  Tough to say how they’d stack up today just like it’s tough to say how Harsin would stack up against the WAC teams of bygone years.

Voters and computers take into account SOS.  PS, the MWC of Sonny's era when he was competing for conference championships was not all that great.  TCU did not join until 2005.  The prior two years CSU went 7-5 and 4-6.  The first years of the MWC the conference was not any better than it is now, in fact it was statistically far worse.  2003, one top 25 team, only one team with double digit wins, second place was 8-5.  2002, 0 ranked teams, one team with 10 wins, second place team finished 7-7.  2001, 1 ranked team (25), second place team was 7-5.The MWC today is significantly better, especially at the top.  The MWC heyday was long after Sonny's.