Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

New Mexico Governor asks UNM not to play football this year

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Screw New Mexico, or even CA. We should keep the MWC games on the schedule where both schools are playing, and then only the schools that play get the prorated TV money. Then add games with available MWC schools that you weren’t going to be playing this year. So we might still have a 7 or 8 game conference schedule, and play whatever OOC schools that are willing to play. So we probably will only have a 9 or 11 game season for most MWC schools. If BYU loses some schools on their schedule, which they will, certain MWC schools could add BYU to their OOC line up. So some MWC schools could still get as many as 11 games or maybe even 12. 

I think California might follow. So you have the remaining P12 teams to play to as well. I think at this point football is going to happen in the fall. California is a huge question mark and so are the FCS conference. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

21 minutes ago, robe said:

I think California might follow. So you have the remaining P12 teams to play to as well. I think at this point football is going to happen in the fall. California is a huge question mark and so are the FCS conference. 

California is not a question mark to anyone paying attention.  You guys just move along, nothing to see here.  I guess at this point I'll feel most at home rooting for UNLV this next year.

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That’s what you get with lefty governors. We’re now supposed to have a vaccine ready from September to December. Trump has ordered 300 million doses from the one made by AstraZeneca which seems to be ahead of the others. And we’re first in line because of the money we paid them. The Phase 3 human trials won’t last too much longer because of its success with 1,100 people so far. 

How long phase two took has no bearing on phase three. The earliest I have seen is december.

18 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I happen to disagree with those that are saying our governor is the worst. She's trying to save lives. Sports starved fans are willing to let people die so they can watch football, or basketball, golf, ffs! I don't get it. I've lost 3 people to this virus. We (family and friends), couldn't even visit them or even bury them, they had to be cremated. If closing down businesses and shutting down sports for this year, is what it takes to saves lives, then I'm all for it. I support our governor's actions in regards to her handling of this covid pandemic. Honestly, Im more bummed that I cant go camping overnight, than not watching football right now.

I don’t think anyone here is willing to let people die just to have football. Since March we’ve been deluged with bad news about the virus, the economy, and police brutality, people just want some small sense of normality to return. Football, hell all sports would provide an escape from the madness. That being said, I don’t believe there will be football of any kind this season. It’s just not worth the risk.
I’m sorry about the people close to you that you’ve lost. Take care brother.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:14 AM, Fowl said:

Nobody will be playing this fall. Everyone should come to accept that at this point. 

It seems this is where we all are headed to for Fall sports.  I think some schools or conferences may start the season, but I am skeptical as to whether they will finish the season.  Not sure how the MWC would handle UNM not playing in the fall but it will not be an easy fix IMO, and that is if no other schools follow the same path.  

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

1 hour ago, Coog kev said:

On a roughly related note (maybe not), why are federal agents being deployed to Albuquerque?  If there's weird stuff goin on, it's not been in macro news..ala Portland and its stuff. 

Have you not seen Braking Bad? :blink:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 7/22/2020 at 4:32 PM, B_Lootz said:

I hate this, but you’re right. If we gave a s**t at all about having a football season, then we would’ve done what we needed to do back in May to try and limit the spread. 

There are a lot of people that don’t give a shit about football. Probably the same ones that don’t wear masks. 

A guy over on Ramnation had a pretty decent idea.  Extend the season, which won't be real hard with lost games.  Then, with the extended schedule you can play every other week.  This allows each team to quarantine together between games.  You could work with TV partners to have one conference play one week, then another conference the following week.  It adds safety and exposure.  It would also give more reps to the backup players so they'd be prepared if a starter came up positive.  You'd obviously have to deal with some variance to accommodate some OOC games, but overall I think the positives would outweigh the negatives.  CFB from September through January?  I could live with that.

8 hours ago, sean327 said:

I don’t think anyone here is willing to let people die just to have football. Since March we’ve been deluged with bad news about the virus, the economy, and police brutality, people just want some small sense of normality to return. Football, hell all sports would provide an escape from the madness. That being said, I don’t believe there will be football of any kind this season. It’s just not worth the risk.
I’m sorry about the people close to you that you’ve lost. Take care brother.

LOL

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

How long phase two took has no bearing on phase three. The earliest I have seen is december.

There's over 100 covid vaccine projects going on around the world, and the leader looks to be the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine said to be ready as early as September. However. some say it'll probably be December. The US company Moderna is expecting theirs done by December. 

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/a-covid-19-vaccine-by-september-oxford-researchers-optimistic-38164

kat.jpg

22 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL

WTF is so funny? Do you ever turn off your clown show?

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There's over 100 covid vaccine projects going on around the world, and the leader looks to be the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine said to be ready as early as September. However. some say it'll probably be December. The US company Moderna is expecting theirs done by December. 

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/a-covid-19-vaccine-by-september-oxford-researchers-optimistic-38164

That is good news with out being "glass half full". I would caution the logistics of rolling out that many still mean it's probably closer to new years before it's really rolling with distribution. The December ones will likely be looking at early spring. Places closer to the production center of course will get it faster so England is way better than China for us. Its just a matter of the massive number to get to so many places.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:14 AM, Fowl said:

Nobody will be playing this fall. Everyone should come to accept that at this point. 

Buzz killer.

Quit trying to harsh our mellow.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Great News,, UNM not playing ball this year means the MW's SOS goes up !

:rimshot1:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 7/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, alum93 said:

Where did you see this story regarding recruiting?  

One of the state Reps notified me. They are trying to fight it but right now it is way at the bottom of list. Because our governor/fuhrer has bankrupted the state so much she is looking for other ways to have money. Coming this January she is going after the Land Grant fund. We may be the first state ever to file for bankruptcy.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:12 PM, 4UNLV said:

What??? That makes no sense whatsoever, is she trying to eliminate college sports from your state?

It sure seems like it. She is making out of state visitors to quarantine for 14 days but not out of state protesters/rioters who are being bused in. Her hypocrisy is deep.